2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318057 - 29/01/04 06:03 AM Cancel Feb Xcursion??
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Due to lack of interest- I'll probably just cancel the Tucson Xcursion and if anybody wants to get dirty they'll need to go to the Coke Ovens on the 8th with Swanky.
I only heard of 1 person other than me that was going. (Tremor) I don't really feel like driving all that way for a non Xcursion.
The lack of participation of the club seems to be getting worse. 30 some people in the club and there were 4 trucks at the last Xcursion.

Oh well, I tried! [Wave]

#318058 - 29/01/04 07:31 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey now! I must've missed the RSVP for the Tucson trip as I most certainly planned on attending.
You've got a point though, why is there less participation in a time when more X's are being bought. What is it old timers that you're staying away from? Why are you new people so hesitant to post on this board or attend the Xcursions. Are the trails to hard? Is it the camaraderie, the eating & drinking, the laughter and fun holding you back? What's keeping AZX'ers away? I know it's not me, I showered back in '03..Anyways, show your support and attend an Xcursion. If it's your first or you hadn't been to one in a while, c'mon out and have some fun!! laugh

#318059 - 29/01/04 08:37 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Maybe it's got something to do with all of the "Selling My X" talk goin' around... [LOL]

#318060 - 29/01/04 03:53 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I'm going on the Swanky run if that helps?

Just a suggestion, maybe more closer, shorter runs would get more people out? Personally, runs on Sunday, and runs that are far away and involve camping are going to be harder for us to attend. But I'm sure both those issues have been debated ad-infinitum... smile

Mark

#318061 - 29/01/04 04:31 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does this mean camping on the ledge riverside by the wash which leads to the road out?

#318062 - 29/01/04 08:16 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
XROCK Offline

I'm more into offroading for the sightseeing and fellowship, so to do trails in the area all the time would be way too boring for me- but I can see how people with busier schedules and less time for fun would need to stay close to home.

Maybe the new prez can have 1 local trail a month and if I haven't done it 20 times, I'll go- otherwise, I'll be out somewhere new exploring!
laugh Weekends rule!

#318063 - 29/01/04 08:33 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
WE are going to need to do something to get everyone back involved. Lets make this a topic at the next meeting. Do we have a time and place yet? I have someone that wants to join but doesn't have access to the web.

#318064 - 29/01/04 08:41 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I wouldn't stress about it too terribly much. For those that have been around the/a club for a while know there are times that things are just a little slower in the participation department.

I was co-prez of NCCX for a couple years and at times no one would come out and then all of a sudden everyone came out.

With the holidays and lots of visitors recently I've been spotty on making the outings. Now I should be able to get out more often.

As for the longer trips, yeah, it does make a difference for me personally as my better half doesn't like the offroading thing and would much rather have me back at the end of a day to help with the little one as opposed to me being gone for a couple days/overnighter.

Don't stress about it... If you plan it, they will come. (Most of the time. laugh )

#318065 - 29/01/04 10:07 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
TremorX Offline

The biggest reason I've participated as much as I have is that, having just moved here, I'm enjoying getting to see, know, and LOVE this state. Along the way I like to think I've made some friends along the way, and thanks to you guys seen and done things I never imagined I would.

I definitely think there are some things we could do to promote membership and participation, but as said before, not everyone works on the same schedule so sometimes it's difficult to get everyone together. Don't get too frustrated.

#318066 - 30/01/04 06:33 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:

I definitely think there are some things we could do to promote membership...
Perfect, 'cause that's part of the officer's responsibilities. Get to it wink

#318067 - 30/01/04 06:12 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry guys Yuma was just too far for me to go since I can't pack both my big mutts in the X. So that means no camping until she's tame enough to leave with a friend.

Now I am definately still going to be offroading since I just bought my BFG T/A KO's. Way better tires than the stock grabbers. laugh

If others are like me they have to balance other responsibilites, I'd like to hit Table Mesa this Saturday with Travis but I have leadership training for the Boy Scouts so I can't do that either. frown

#318068 - 08/02/04 09:24 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
TremorX Offline

So.. is Tucson still on??

#318069 - 08/02/04 10:09 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
XROCK Offline

Not for next weekend anyway. Unfortunately, it was just going to be you, Dan and myself-

So I'd better do the good husband thing and take the wife somewhere.

#318070 - 08/02/04 11:08 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lets get the mods done! I've got everything but the wheels to go on and I can't wait!! laugh My neighbor says he'll supervise,(he is a certified master mechanic afterall) and he has all of the lifts, and pneumatics at our diposal. Well, it's what I'll be doing this weekend anyways laugh Anyone's welcome to join us.

#318071 - 08/02/04 11:28 AM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
XROCK Offline

I should be able help on Sunday.

#318072 - 09/02/04 01:21 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
TremorX Offline

So... anyone want to play around this coming Sunday, then? I just got a set of brand new BFG AT T/A KOs and I want to see if I can cross a wash without getting stuck now. laugh

Lee & Shanna - I apologize, I'm not going to be able to get those rims/tires -- I wound up with two flats (hole in one, nail in the other) and cashed in some of my vacation time at work to go ahead and just get a brand new set.

edit to add: Brian - when/where is the Feb meeting? Any word yet? Want to do it this week?

#318073 - 09/02/04 02:46 PM Re: Cancel Feb Xcursion??
Vaca Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Well, I was planning on attending, since the
e-mail made it clear I had to... laugh

The reason I don't go to more, is that I
live in Tucson and it's hard for me to justify
going up to offroad when I have good friends
and stuff up there that aren't interested. It's
like, I can go see old friends and catch up or sit
in my X alone.

Anyway, I am sure the reverse is true for the Phoenix people in coming to Tucson. So, there we are.

I'm often going around Tucson somewhere, even if it's just dirt roads, so anybody that still wants to do stuff, let me know...and Tucson people, I am almost always up for something...

My feeble attempts to recruit always fail, so pretty much I just got disheartened and stopped posting here, in case anyone was curious. I am only here now because I was trying to find details about this weekend...instead I found there is no outing at all! [Uh Oh !]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal