Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#321106 - 01/03/05 04:11 PM Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike (GRN-X) has met a couple (few?) X owners here for military training from out of state. They'll be coming up from the south this weekend on leave. They're going to get an up close introduction to Sedona and her trails The more the merrier and they'll be leaving the Chevron on Anthem Way off of I-17 at 8:30 AM Saturday the 5th. FRS 14, bring drinks and a snack for the ride.. They'll retire to Mikes at days end for BBQ/Beers [Smoking]

Edit to add- Please post if you are able to attend, and if you possibly have a passengers seat available [ThumbsUp]

#321107 - 02/03/05 10:58 AM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Gang... Anyone willing to head out to Sedona with me on Saturday... Have a few soldiers in for this training class Im taking and they have shown real interest in coming up and seeing Sedona, several Xterra owners in the group. I would need to know how many trucks we have that can do the run so know how many can come up and do the trail, Please let me know ASAP and I appreciate your help in taking a few of these guys out for the day.
Talk soon,
Mike smile

#321108 - 02/03/05 02:25 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about you bring the soldiers out for a day of garbage collecting? It'll be super-fun! laugh All the kids are doing it [ThumbsUp]

#321109 - 02/03/05 08:11 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

picking up trash wouldn't be the way to host some out of town wterra owners. come on guys , I need at least four seats. this would be a great way to show off how awesome our club is...they've all offered to pitch in for fuel!!! PPPPPlease support our troops! [ThumbsUp]

#321110 - 02/03/05 08:48 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Hey Mike I have an extra seat or two but I said that I was going to the clean-up. I'm not very familiar with the box canyon area so I thought that it would be fun. Besides we only clean-up untill lunch. Then it is fun time. Why Sedona? It is a nice place, it is just a long way to go for the third time for me.

#321111 - 02/03/05 09:00 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Mike,

I would love to help. Its a trail I've been wanting to do for a long time. But we're having a garage sale this weekend, plus I am taking Kaelyn to the kids day at the railroad park Saturday for lunch. So I can't really get out of it.

BTW - garage sale is at 3740 E. Cholla St in Phx if anyone wants to come buy some of my junk smile

Sorry frown

#321112 - 03/03/05 03:29 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Grn-X:
come on guys , I need at least four seats. this would be a great way to show off how awesome our club is...they've all offered to pitch in for fuel!!! PPPPPlease support our troops! [ThumbsUp]
You had me sold on the Support the Troops, but the chiping in for Gas... !!! Yahoo.! I'm using premium though. Seriously, I would love to take whoever you still need room for. If it's only two, my wife (Joannie) will go. If you need more than two seats then she'll stay home and "Let the boys play" as she would say.
Call me Mike. Check your PM's.

#321113 - 03/03/05 10:32 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Xtasy Offline

Mike I would love to go, you know I would, but we have plans that evening and I would need to be back by 3pm which I don't think is possible. Let me know.

By the by thanks for selling me Hi-Lift on credit through DBAX, I'll get you the duckets as soon as we see eachother.

#321114 - 04/03/05 11:44 AM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, I'm swapping my idler arm bushings today so I'll do Sedona tomorrow. However, I can only allow one passenger who must buy gas, and also not be frightened easily laugh .

#321115 - 04/03/05 01:07 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Alright, I'm swapping my idler arm bushings today so I'll do Sedona tomorrow. However, I can only allow one passenger who must buy gas, and also not be frightened easily laugh .
NICE. These guys shouldn't be scared easily. Although with you drivin' who knows. [LOL]

Mike still hasn't responded so I don't know if I can take Joannie. I need to line up a Baby sitter if she goes... Come on Mike.. Knock knock. Anyone there>? confused

#321116 - 04/03/05 02:22 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Xtasy Offline

I just spoke with Mike and here's the skinny.

Because of my schedule, we want to try to get this thing off the ground a little earlier. We're meeting at the Carefree Chevron @ 8:30 a.m. Besides the X's one of the soldiers is driving his car up with us since I need to leave Sedona by 1 p.m. at the latest and the rest of the gang is heading out to Jerome for lunch.

If DBAX is going and can take 3 people then Conundrum can bring his significant other, but if he can only take 1 we're in a bit of a jam (pun intended).

Here's the breakdown. There are 8 soldiers who are coming. With 3 X's which can carry 9 passengers, that makes for a full trip. But if DBAX can only take 1, that means we're 2 seats shy. Now if Joannie doesn't come, that means we're still 1 seat shy. (This reads like one of those math questions: You have a dozen apples and you're on a train to Detriot, now if you eat an apple an hour and it takes three hours to get there, how many apples would you have left when you arrived? Answer: none, since you were beaten up and mugged and really didn't get to eat any apples laugh )

DBAX, if you can step-up to the plate and take more passengers (I'm assuming you're wanting to bring your best friend) that would help tremendously [Smoking] , or we need to have someone else join the trip.

So that's the skinny!

Sidenote: I understand the group includes 1 woman and some of these soldiers have just returned from IRAQ.

#321117 - 04/03/05 02:29 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fine. :rolleyes: The dog stays home frown . Aand, I've gotta' move all my on board, stuff , to make some footroom back there. Recovery gear can go in the back, perhaps we'll throw a cooler on top? laugh
PS- if I don't get the bolt back in my IAB tonite, ain't no body goin ridin up the mountain in a yellow X no how. [Freak]

#321118 - 04/03/05 02:31 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Xtasy Offline

Do you need help with this? Can I offer my assistant?

I know, I can't wait to hear my tires rub on this trail. If only I could get to Travis' to get the low down (and borrow the tool) on how to bend the fender wells in without damaging the paint, it would be golden. Maybe we can all meet at DBAX's house and do these things before it gets to late. I'm calling Travis and will update shortly.

#321119 - 04/03/05 02:35 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh
You have an assistant?

#321120 - 04/03/05 02:39 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, I can show you how to roll it back, nice and pretty. It just takes a little patience [ThumbsUp] . I ran out of patience on mine, but I swear, I'm much better now [Freak]

#321121 - 04/03/05 04:30 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

The IAB is all back together, and while there is a little less slop in the wheel, it still vibrates at 45-50 and the tire makes a wubba-wubba-wubba sound too. That however could be from the two whole missing tire lugs on the out-side of the tire. I found a couple of loose nuts and tightened everything up, Also discovered the driver side front swaybar bushing was gone and the metal bracket hanging on by one bolt. Just got back from vato zone and will now replace with new Energy Suspension swaybar bushings.

#321122 - 04/03/05 04:49 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Just got back from vato zone and will now replace .....
PRICELESS !!! [LOL]

My significant other will stay home so we'll be good with seats available. Right?

One of my BFG's developed a leak but I'm using it as a spare and I should be ok for just the day.

You guys should change the Thread title to reflect the new time of which I was hoping to go a little earlier too.

You know, I could come out that way and pick up my passengers. I'm already on the Vato (W) Side. [LOL]

#321123 - 04/03/05 05:08 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Dang, I'm a day late...I'll be in Sedona, but will be there on Sunday - on my way to Flag to pick up my new used 1964 Scout (Farm equipment!). laugh

Have fun!

#321124 - 04/03/05 05:20 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

1-Awesome John, looking forward to seein' that!
2-The time is officially changed.
3-We should be alright seating-wise; so far there're Mike, Tomas, Adam, and Myself.
4-Adam, capital solution [ThumbsUp] . Give Mike a call around 4-30/5 am, and get directions to his place for p/u.
5-Travis owns vaato zone , thats his chit mang.. laugh

#321125 - 04/03/05 05:51 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
4-Adam, capital solution [ThumbsUp] . Give Mike a call around 4-30/5 am, and get directions to his place for p/u.
I don't have his number.

I'm changing my pm's to come to my home Email.
Thanks guys.

#321126 - 04/03/05 07:09 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike you've got my number in your PM's.

Call me around 5:30, I'll be making coffee.

#321127 - 04/03/05 09:16 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Adam we will be at dans house LOL call him at 330 am he will be awaiting your call. 623-???-???7
No really call me at around 6:30 Check your PMs [Finger]

#321128 - 05/03/05 06:19 AM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Commencing Operation RedRocks [ThumbsUp]

#321129 - 05/03/05 03:08 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Xtasy Offline

Here are some Great Movies, I'll add pix later
DBAX Climb...
Grn-X Climb...
Conundrum Climb...

Linky Now Working!

#321130 - 05/03/05 07:07 PM Re: Broken Arrow Sat 5th **8:30 AM**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bummer... Linky's no Worky..

Very Nice. I didn't realize you were recording it. Thanks for posting.!

Well, Here's what I got to wake up to at 2:30 this morning...

It was a stolen Nissan Sentra, by the time I got dressed and grabed the 9mm the "Suspect" was no where in sight. The Police said there was nothing they could do about it and ruled it an accident because the car didn't come back as stolen.
It's a good thing I had the bushes, because I had my X parked directly in the path of the skid marks. This is now the second time my fence has been mowed down. This one is going to require the whole thing to be replaced.. Now I'm bummed because I loved the bushes and they take a very long time (5 years) to get this established. It is going to be a total mess to get rid of the fence etc. to install the new one and I'm now waiting for the insurance company to call me back and let me know if they are going to cover it.

Beware. The Nissan must be pretty easy to steal. They punched a small hole just directly under the ignition switch and used a screw driver to start it.

Maybe if I'm lucky they'll steal my X... It's got Lojack and they might get caught red handed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal