2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324537 - 12/03/05 03:28 PM Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

The meeting on Friday had a great turnout especially welcome back to Sharon (MY TONKA) and to Luke (LUKEX) who were have been members for a while and have shown interest in continuing with the club. Also a big welcome to Scott (Defibvt)who no longer has an X but came from the Great Plains Xterra Club to see what AZXC was like (we are trying to talk him back into an X and it really isn't going to be all that hard wink ). We made great strides in setting most of our Xcursion and Meeting calendar out for the rest of the year and also we raffled off a set of front and rear Xterra Neoprene seat covers to DBAX and Conundrum.

As for todays Mod Day there was a great turn-out. Soldier X (Georgie, and son) Xtacy (Tomas and daughter), Defibvt (Scott), Yellow Gecko (Travis, Misty and kids), Jayhawk (Jason and daughter), TremorX (Michael and wife), Jeremy, DBAX (Dan), myself gbizzle (Gabe), and our gracious hosts GRN-X (Mike, Kim and kids). So much was accomplished. Jayhawk got shackles, tbar crank, and idler arm brace and sliders. Xtacy got an intake, painted drums and clutch bypass, SoldierX got a sweet Shrockworks bumper, DBAX readjusted his TBARS, and Yellow Gecko got some new rear shocks, we also tore down TremorX's X due to the fact that he is potentially moving to a Landcruiser. It was a great day to be outside, a breezy 80-85 degrees and sunny. Thanks to Kim and Roo who cooked up a great lunch of burgers, hotdogs and some strip steaks. Thank you to everyone who showed up to lend a hand it was much appreciated. Pictures are to come. Thanks

#324538 - 12/03/05 05:36 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I had a great time. Got to wash the FOAD though. My alternator light came on on the way home. No big deal. I will figure it out tomorrow.

#324539 - 12/03/05 08:16 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a great day gang, thanks for making the hike all the way out to my place. Alot was accomplished and we even managed to get a little dirty also. Everyones X looked great with all their new mods done to them. I do like that Shrockworks bumper SoldierX put on, When I get one I'm also hoping she will put it on for me laugh Check out a few pics here-> Mod Day March12th 2005

#324540 - 12/03/05 08:53 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Spit] [LOL] [LOL]

#324541 - 12/03/05 09:00 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
defibvt Offline

I have no comment [Spit]

#324542 - 12/03/05 09:27 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Xtasy Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Grn-X! Excellent Day. Thanks for playing Host. Your place was well stocked with all the necessary tools to make for a successful Mod Day! I wish one day I grow up and have as many tools as you!

I'm still bumbed that I had to leave early frown just to have the realator flake. I did think about coming back but I was alrayd 30+ min away and Anaïs had to take her nap.

Great Pics!

#324543 - 12/03/05 09:30 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Xtasy Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Actually the Alternator light is a big deal. You're now running off the battery so don't go to far with the Truck. This alternator is notorious for not liking to much water and it appears you got some. If you're still under warranty, take it to the dealer and let them deal with it, otherwise get yourself a new one, preferably not stock and you'll be fine.

#324544 - 12/03/05 11:38 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
defibvt Offline

Yeah I know it is a big deal. I am going to wash out the engine bay and see if I can clear out the mud from alternator and see if it clears up. I have to clear up the engine bay first to see if that is the problem. When the light popped on I turned off everything electical and unloaded the truck and backed it into the parking spot in case there are any problems. If not, I will be running to autozone or some such place to get a new one. I am not under warrantee so I get to fix it myself.

#324545 - 13/03/05 06:34 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Shrockworks looks awesome SoldierX. Drove by last night after you'd washed off the mud.

In honor of Mod Day I went out and changed my oil yesterday morning before going to the Cubs game, which resulted in total failure. We took our 21 month old daughter and it was far to hot in the sun for her, so we ended up leaving during the 4th inning.

Any you guys have reccomendations for Brake Pads? Or does everyone pretty much use OEM pads?

#324546 - 13/03/05 08:20 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
defibvt Offline

The FOAD is all better. Sprayed off the engine and cleaned the exterior. It looks ok. I think it will need a few car wash passes before all the stuff gets off. The alt. light is no longer on so it was just the mud causing the difficulty with the charging system. Thanks for the advice Xtasy. Now for a motorcycle ride today. Woohoo!! [Smoking]

#324547 - 13/03/05 08:23 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
defibvt Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:

Any you guys have reccomendations for Brake Pads? Or does everyone pretty much use OEM pads?
How many miles do you have on your X? If you need pads I would go with ceramic pads. They may cost more but they will last a lot longer especially with city driving.

#324548 - 13/03/05 08:40 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Roger,
Get out the Raybesto's Brand they make a ceramic HD pad for SUV's and they last great. PEP Boys will be your best source for them I believe.

#324549 - 13/03/05 08:49 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Quote:
[b]
How many miles do you have on your X? If you need pads I would go with ceramic pads. They may cost more but they will last a lot longer especially with city driving.[/b]
I'm at 80k miles now and have had these pads on since I purchased the thing about 20k miles ago. I think I am just touching the wear sensor now on one side, so want to get them off and replaced before any Rotor damage occurs.

#324550 - 13/03/05 09:20 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
defibvt Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
How many miles do you have on your X? If you need pads I would go with ceramic pads. They may cost more but they will last a lot longer especially with city driving.[/b]
I'm at 80k miles now and have had these pads on since I purchased the thing about 20k miles ago. I think I am just touching the wear sensor now on one side, so want to get them off and replaced before any Rotor damage occurs.[/b]
Smart plan. Grn-X gave a good source.

#324551 - 13/03/05 09:25 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone mentioned a Bulk Buy on the Timing Belt repalcement at the Meeting. I think it was DBAX. What kind of discount were you talkin? I'd consider getting mine changed in another 5 or 10k if there was some good savings to be had.

#324552 - 13/03/05 09:39 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

A huge thanks to Major, Gabe and everyone else that helped me out. The ride looks so sweet now. We had a great time. It only took about an hour at the wash to get most of the mud off. My horn is still packed with mud so bad that it doesn't honk it weaps. Thanks again to everyone for your help. laugh

#324553 - 13/03/05 11:21 AM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quick Meeting Summary from Friday Night...
Commensed the meeting at 7:30PM many new faces were there.

Introductions: were done.

Allocations: of expenditures such as Web Site hosting, A motion was raised and seconded to use club funds to provide drinks at the meeting and more so the Xcursions such as some bottled water and soft drinks.

March Mod Day:
it was discussed and voted on to count the March Mod Day as an Xcursion, mainly due to the travel time and the Dirt/Mud Romp that followed Lunch.
AS was voted and seconded previously March Annual Due: March being the Dues Month was collected from the members present and added to the club Treasury.

T-Shirts: it was motioned as well as seconded that the club will be making the new AZXC club shirts with a screen then colored naturally with Sedona Dirt(IE our own version of the Sedona Dirt Shirts).
Stickers will also be produced using an updated version of the Copper State design from previous years.

The following was determined as a tenative schedule for the next few up coming months:

April: 15th Club Meeting 7:30PM @ Peoria Nissan
this is for prep for the Xterra Triathlon.POC for this event is Yzerman and he will be posting more information as becomes available.

May: 13th meeting at 7:30 @ Location TBA (Pinacle Nissan is Tenitive).
Xcurrsion for may will be Apr: weekend of 21st and we will be panning for gold.

May 30th-Jun3rd,Several members will be going to MOAB for the GONE event. Please join us those of you that can swing the time... (The more AZXC members the Better!).

June: Our meeting is going to be after the Xcursion this month. Our Annual Trail clean-up will be June11th-12th weekend ( mainly due to the busy may schedule) We will be camping on saturday and pick-up is on Sunday More information to follow. The June meeting is on the 17th at 7:30@ Peoria Nissan (tenitive).

The meeting concluded with a 50/50 raffle, where Dbax won front seat covers,Son of Grn-X won $28.00 50/50 cash, Conundrum won Rear seat Cover. was a great turn out and everyone got to touchy feely the new 05 Xterra.
Meeting was ajurned at 8:50 Pm.

This has been a public broadcast service message brought to you by your very own Club administrator also formerly known as the Secretary/Tres.
Im Outie...GRN-X [Wave]

#324554 - 13/03/05 09:48 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Hey Major thanks for the shot in the ear, I have been able to think clearer. Thanks for the party and the grub. I had fun with all of you. Where are the vids of the romping? Lets try to get those up ok.

#324555 - 14/03/05 06:32 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
I've updated the site with all the info. Let me know if you see any typo's and/or incorrect informtion.

#324556 - 18/03/05 05:25 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to figure out where to post the videos too Travis, I will get them up for you for sure Possibly on my web site I'll work on it tonight.

Hey Travis I have posted the few little video clips I took up on my website in the gallery section. Sorry for the delay. I have no Web access during the week. but only one more week to go.

#324557 - 20/03/05 08:20 PM Re: Meeting/Mod Day Summary
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Thank you Mike. Dan took the easy way but the Soldier took that like a champ.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal