Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327510 - 18/03/05 08:00 AM Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Howdy!

I'm looking to see if anyone has any "left over" tires in a 30x9.50x15 (or 31's) in an All-terrain type that they'd want to get rid of for cheap (or free)? Clean out that garage!

I have 235's on the Scout right now and don't want to pony up for brand new ones until I get a little further along with my "restification". smile

My current ones have approximately four different brands of tires, with tread ranging from crappy to fair to cracked all over. Real safe to drive on. eek

Got anything? Thanks in advance. [Wave]

Minor updates:
Before:

After (Temporary paint job - $2.79):

#327511 - 18/03/05 08:37 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Also, who was it that was looking for the horizontal mighty mounts that had 'dibs' on mine (if/when I found them)? The previous topic seems to have been deleted.

Xtasy, was it you? So far I've found 3 - I'll keeping looking for a 4th, but anyway, post up on who it was! smile

#327512 - 18/03/05 09:00 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Nice paint job, john... You might as well spend $10 more on paint and do the whole thing.. laugh

It was nice seeing you in person again. smile

#327513 - 18/03/05 09:29 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn that thing looks cool. I was thinking about purchasing something that I can take off road, rather than getting rid of my 2WD X. Having no knowledge of the Scout at all, how capable an off road vehicle is it? Would that thing Tag along wherever an X could go?

#327514 - 18/03/05 09:37 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Damn that thing looks cool. I was thinking about purchasing something that I can take off road, rather than getting rid of my 2WD X. Having no knowledge of the Scout at all, how capable an off road vehicle is it? Would that thing Tag along wherever an X could go?
Tag along? More like walk all upside-over-and-down again!

Lookin' good, Johnny! How much longer before you get it trailable? We'll have to meet up and try out our new rigs!

#327515 - 18/03/05 11:52 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Tag along? More like walk all upside-over-and-down again!
[Finger]

It's a very capable off-road vehicle roger.
Yo Johnny, where's that cool X wallhanging you had up there? Hmmm?

PS-John, pm me your sales contact info plz.

#327516 - 18/03/05 01:03 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

smile My knowledge of American cars is slighly lacking unfortunately. Looks like a fun rig - Real old school.

I've been offered an 81 Ford Bronco 4x4, Manual Tranny, inline 6. For $1000. AZ Car, so rust isn't to bad, runs good. Dude was gonna trade it in but they only offered him $500 for it. I'm tempted, but the name 'Ford' puts me off! lol

#327517 - 18/03/05 01:26 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

that bronco's crap, stay away. [ThumbsDown]
SCOUT INFO

Yo Johnny! CHECK THIS OUT [Smoking]

#327518 - 18/03/05 02:38 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Johnny,
i just so happen to have a couple of the 30x950lt15 BFG All Terrains. Lets talk... [Smoking]

#327519 - 18/03/05 02:57 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check out the Iron Mountain pics. Very very tempting. Anybody ever explore that trail before?

#327520 - 18/03/05 03:02 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Hey Fellas! Sorry...just returned from driving half way to S America and back! The joys of real estate!

Anyway, yeah, Scouts are pretty capable offroad. Here's my last one: 77 Scout II . laugh

Yep, the International Harvester guys are trying to get me to go to Prescott next month for the big "Tractor equipment gathering". I'd love to go, but I don't trust the thing to get me there just yet. Soon, though!

Yeah, I just finished the rear brakes so it's roadworthy. I'm just doing a few short drives to find/iron out any issues that might leave me stranded somewhere. None of the guages work right now, but all the lights, brakes, and engine seem to be in pretty good shape. The 90 hp slant 4-cyl is a powerhouse -- NOT! It's got lotsa torque and low speed though. [ThumbsUp]

Mike - you have 2 or 4 of those hangin' around?

Dan - PM will be sent in a sec. [ThumbsUp]

I just came from Pep Boys - two new mirrors for the doors and a wire wheel for scraping the surface rust on the floors. Overall it's not bad. I'd say in the next week or so it'll be ready to take more than just a couple miles. I so want to take the top off soon, but don't know about the strength of the rollbar yet...we'll see.

More updates this weekend! [Wave]

Edit: The wall banner went to kayak_x in NCCX - he had dibs on it like a year ago. I have a new one though...can't find a pic. smile

Edit 2: Akio - yeah, great to see you again - it's been at least a year and a half - glad to hear things are going well!

#327521 - 18/03/05 03:30 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

JohnnyX,
I have two...other two werent so good. these are in great shape and have lots of miles left.

#327522 - 18/03/05 03:36 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Thanks Mike - what do you want for them? I'm guessing I might be able to find a couple more to match. What do you drink? laugh

Regarding that 'about.com' article - my favorite part:

In November of 1977, a Scout S.S. II driven by Jerry L. Boone of Parker, Arizona, finished first among 4WD production vehicles in the Baja 1000 -- one of the most challenging of all off-road competitions. Boone crossed the finish line almost two hours ahead of his closest competitor -- a Jeep CJ7. laugh

#327523 - 18/03/05 03:45 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are all yours my friend... although a few Bud lights shared among friends is alway enjoyed. Im alway interested in any old X parts too BTW wink
I will be home all weekend, still have one more week to go in my miltary school if you want to give me a call.

#327524 - 18/03/05 03:48 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Grn-X:
Im alway interested in any old X parts too BTW
you parts whore, I don't think you will be able to fit more on that thing.

"AC 3.5" UCA Front Lift, 3" AAL in rear with SLR 1"shackles, Rancho's all around. complete Calmini steering system. Rock Solid Products Sliders, Energy Susp. sway bar links, bushings and Bump stops, K&N Air System w/ dual oil filters, upgraded lights, Pro Comp Fog lights, Overdrive wheels on BFG A/T's. Load warrior roof rack w/ Tire carrier and Hi Lift & mount & 55W back up lights. A few interior upgrades have also been made with the addition of some cargo nets,2 way radios, Cobra CB, recovery gear w/tools. Spare parts bag."

#327525 - 18/03/05 03:51 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

You rock. [ThumbsUp]

Not sure what I'm up to this weekend yet, but I'll be in touch. Thanks! Drinks are on me. cool

Let me see what else I have in the garage. (...old t-bars) [LOL]

#327526 - 19/03/05 07:47 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey John,
There are a load of hispanic used tire shops off of I believe 35th ave near buckeye. you can probably find 2 more bfgs there real cheap also if you want to match up the thread.

#327527 - 19/03/05 10:04 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Mike - left you a vmail on your cell - ring me when you get a chance? No rush. smile

#327528 - 19/03/05 10:06 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Grn-X:
Hey John,
There are a load of hispanic used tire shops off of I believe 35th ave near buckeye.
Why they gotta be hispanic why can't they just be "used tire shops"? wink laugh

#327529 - 19/03/05 03:40 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

I picked up those two tires from craiglist.org - the guy must have been blind (he was older, and very nice) - they were almost new - at least 80% tread for some Michelin (edit LTX not "MTX")for $25.00. smile

Now with Mike's leftovers I'll finally have it ready to drive a little more safely. [ThumbsUp]

Actually I have to pass through that 'hispanic' wink area tomorrow - maybe they'll mount and balance them for cheap.

#327530 - 19/03/05 05:38 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ummm Cuz there hispanic owned ...maybe..
LOL didnt mean to offend anyone cuz if I did I would have used terms Like Spic , Beaner , border monkey ect. laugh

#327531 - 20/03/05 07:59 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
I picked up those two tires from craiglist.org - the guy must have been blind (he was older, and very nice) - they were almost new - at least 80% tread for some Michelin (edit LTX not "MTX")for $25.00. smile

Now with Mike's leftovers I'll finally have it ready to drive a little more safely. [ThumbsUp]

Actually I have to pass through that 'hispanic' wink area tomorrow - maybe they'll mount and balance them for cheap.
From my experience with Tire Shops owned / run by our Mexican friends, they often try to overcharge Mr White Guy, so throw on some fake tan and put on your best accent! smile

I've always taken my cars to Gunnells on Main Street in Mesa for anything Tire related. Can't speak highly enough of that place, they always fix any punctures etc. Free of Charge, took my wifes Elantra in 3 weeks ago for a Balance / Rotation and they didn't charge a penny for that either. I was introduced to them by my wifes Grandfather, who used them for many years with his AC company.

#327532 - 20/03/05 08:14 AM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Good to know - thanks Roger.

Perhaps I'll throw all four wheel/tires and new tires in the back of the Armada before my next outing to Mesa and let 'em go wild with the tire changer. [LOL]

#327533 - 20/03/05 08:55 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Congrats man. I have the other tires that match the ones that Mike have. If you are willing to take them off my hands I will gladly hand them over for free. They have some cracks from being dry but they do hold air and have pretty good tread. If you need some one to translate for you at the tire shop let me know. I know pretty good Spanglish.

#327534 - 21/03/05 03:04 PM Re: Got tires? Got clutter?
johnnyx Offline
J

Hey Travis,

That would be great - I actually need 5 total so I have a matching sized spare - a 6th would be great for "just in case". You have 30x9.50x15's right?

If so, I'd gladly help you clean your garage out. wink

I think Mike's in "school" for a bit now as well, so I could get them whenever - no rush on any of them. smile

BTW - spent 3 hrs last night pulling up the old carpet in the cargo area, and grinding away the rust - not much rust, but I'm gonna POR-15 it and then paint. We'll see how it turns out.

I just found a brand new "bikini" top w/ hardware for $50 - picking that up in the next day or so.

"Yes, honey, I only spent the $750 to buy the truck" (I'll carefully leave out the "here and there" additional purchases) laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal