2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320425 - 20/07/06 08:21 AM Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Just to let y'all know, Andy (Desert Rat) is leaving from the Chevron on Friday the 4th at 2:30pm. I am meeting him there.

From what I read on Swanky, Dan (DBAX) is planning to meet at 4:00-4:30 ish. Correct me if I am wrong.

Of course, arriving later is always an option.

Should this be made a sticky thread.

#320426 - 20/07/06 08:45 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should be able to make the 4 / 4:30 meet up, I leave work at 1, then head home to pack the X and get movin.

#320427 - 20/07/06 03:13 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, big 10-4 on the 4:30 departure [ThumbsUp] I'm going to be there at 4:00, and will be going Norte' on CB 17.
[Smoking]

#320428 - 24/07/06 09:08 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Should this be made a sticky thread? If not, then bump. laugh

#320429 - 25/07/06 12:04 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prolly gonna make the 2:30 depart time, but not sure yet.

May head up earlier if Bren takes the day off.

#320430 - 27/07/06 07:35 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

#320431 - 27/07/06 10:28 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

okaaaaaay...So, Preston and I are going to be joining the herd of xterra animals (you guys) after I get off work. Our departure time from Scottsdeezy is 10:00pm on Friday night mountain standard time. This is goin to be a roto rootin tootin good time I simply can't wait!
Jason out-

#320432 - 28/07/06 08:22 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

As they are talking about leaving at 6am on the Saturday morning, I'm considering staying in a Motel in Flagstaff on Friday night, then meeting you guys at 6am. I won't be leaving town until the wife gets off work at 4pm, so won't be meeting up with you guys for the trip up there, doubt we will get out of town until 6pm. Hardly seems worth emptying the truck of camp gear and sleeping in it, or setting up our tent for the short time we will be at base camp.

#320433 - 28/07/06 12:58 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell, I'm starting to rethink even going at all. Seems like only trucks that can carry riders / bikes are needed, which kinda rules me out with an X full of family & camp gear.

Last year was awesome fun tho. But from the attitude I read into the posts on N4W I just get the feeling familes aren't really wanted.

#320434 - 28/07/06 08:26 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Roger, just wanted to let you know that Preston, Travis and I were thinking of joining you and Ty at end camp and helping out as needed if you are still thinking of doing that. The reason for doing this is because we wouldn't be arriving until really late friday night.

#320435 - 28/07/06 09:03 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeaa, I feel a bit better about it now that is the plan. Plus working Sag 3 for me is probably a good idea.

If anyone wants to run the trail in reverse on Sunday I'm in! smile

#320436 - 29/07/06 09:05 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kiddo & I are planning to go. If need be I can carry a couple of riders even with camping gear & toss the bikes on top. I can certainly hand out water, tubes & bandaids.

I keep hearing about how much fun last year was, but it almost sounds like were not wanted. frown

Free beer is cool & all, but that's not what it's all about. The social & charitable aspects should be the primary focus. I think the 'powers that be' should think inclusive instead of exclusive.

Setting up at end camp & driving to the start Saturday morning sounds like a good idea. I can make either the 2:00 or 4:00 meet times, just haven't decided which yet. I figure once I get to camp somebody will tell me what to do. We'll have our fun on Sunday. laugh

#320437 - 29/07/06 10:00 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bren and I are both off Fri, so we are going to head up noonish and setup camp at end point.

Great charity event, and alot of fun. Bring some cash for the raffle after dinner. Some nice prizes, and all goes to Toys for Tots.

#320438 - 29/07/06 10:05 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I think we're going to skip this event this year. I thought we would break our boycotting of it and give it another shot, but based on the posts in N4W I think we'll pass again.

I'd also throw out there, that maybe this event should be taken off the yearly calendar. If we can't bring our kids/family/pets etc and they want to complain about us, we should probably find something else to do and just let the people that enjoy Fat Tire go on their own?

#320439 - 29/07/06 11:25 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mark/Shannon, I hope you'll reconsider. smile
Look (everyone), the bottom line is this is a support effort for a charity event. We're asked to help because of our prior experience in these types of events, and because the organizers like us smile . Nothing has changed from years past. We go up, and assist the riders when necessary, we sweep the trail, and head into camp. Party. That's it [ThumbsUp] .
I hope to see everyone who's offered to help either at camp Friday, or at the end-camp on Saturday. Let's get up there, do our part, and then, have some fun.
[Wave]

#320440 - 29/07/06 01:12 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
NOSUP4U Offline

Dan - For sure, we definitely support the event. We just had a really bad experience up there our first time. We came up just to lend support for the race. We had to be back Sunday morning so we couldn't even stay the weekend. Drove up Friday night, broke camp before dawn, sat in one spot all day cheering on riders and trying to be useful for anyone, and then the organizers (the biker girls who were running the thing) treated us like crap that evening, and were especially rude to Shannon. Plus, they totally and unfairly rigged/screwed up the charity raffle at the end. (And I'm not just bitter because I didn't win, we bought like, one ticket. But I know some people put in like $100 so...I'd at least like it to be as advertised not changed at the last minute after everyone bought tickets)

So anyway, thats my rant. We were going to give it another chance this year, as I know its an event everyone always loves, and we really wanted to get out and camp with you guys. But, turns out that weekend is the last in a series of races Shannon is in, so she isn't going. I thought about coming up with just Kaelyn, but as Roger said, some of the posts on N4W have been less than friendly. I agree we're up there to help out and especially help a great fundraiser for Toys for Tots. But we volunteer at a lot of different charity events, and while many of them are boring as hell, at least the people are appreciative smile

Sorry if this post comes off super harsh or uncaring. I know this is a beloved event for the group, and I totally support it. I just wish the organizers would remember that while we're happy to come donate our time for a good cause, we aren't cattle either.

Mark

#320441 - 31/07/06 10:03 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is posted that is unfriendly on N4W? Marshall just posted up facts about the thing, and he laid out the code of conduct while we're out there supporting this. I see this as good information, and not being 'unfriendly'.

The rules of conduct were only posted to avoid any issues that have occurred on past events....nothing major, but they were worth mentioning.

#320442 - 31/07/06 12:21 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
NOSUP4U Offline

Yup, agreed. Talked to Marshall, and I definitely lost my head a bit with that post. Anyway, I think we'll hang around here Saturday morning for Shannon's race and then we're going to spend the night up in Flag at a friend's empty apartment, get some hiking in on Sunday, and come back. So maybe we'll see you guys on the drive home!

Have fun up there!
Mark

#320443 - 02/08/06 09:13 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wfe is trying to get off work early and I have Friday off, so hoping to meet up with the 4/4:30 group. Where is this Chevron? I'm most likely going to be heading up Scottsdale Road to Carefree Hwy, then accross to the I17, to avoid the insane rush hour traffic around the 101 / I17.

#320444 - 02/08/06 09:47 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI - I'm going to be leaving around lunchtime on Friday. I plan to take a side trip up Oak Creek Canyon on the way up. I'll be in the Meany, so the trip up the hill will be kinda slow.

That said, if anyone wants to caravan, just let me know.

I'm at 480 540 1606.

#320445 - 02/08/06 11:31 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
FYI - I'm going to be leaving around lunchtime on Friday. I plan to take a side trip up Oak Creek Canyon on the way up. I'll be in the Meany, so the trip up the hill will be kinda slow.

That said, if anyone wants to caravan, just let me know.

I'm at 480 540 1606.
Andy, isn't Oak Creek all messed up because of those land slides?

#320446 - 02/08/06 11:55 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was closed earlier this week, but so far it's open now

#320447 - 02/08/06 09:42 PM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys.

I need a few of you to start from start camp with us Saturday morning.

Ty is going up and camping at end camp and as a sweep vehicle doesn't need to be ready to go at start camp until after 7.

Ty and another vehicle are going to sweep the course and will be the only support to drive the fun bottom before SAG1.

And I need at least two of you to come with me leaving start camp by 6-6:15. You will be above SAG1. Rinky is going right to SAG3 from end camp where he will setting up camp Friday night.

So I need three of you to speak up for a spot and the rest will be doubled up or assisting at the SAG's dpending on who all we have.

1. To sweep with Ty

2. for postion 2

3. for position 3

Don't foget a bunch of banana's for the riders, check those first aid kits, some extra water and an old blanket or two for a cold wet rider would be good.

My bet is that we will have wet riders in our trucks again this year.

If you are camping at end camp YOU NEED to check in with me at start camp.

I'm going up with Desert Rat so I should be up there before you guys. FR222 just about seven miles from Flagstaff, after Snow Bowl on your left. Yellow signs "TOY for TOTS" which will have glow sticks on them at night.

CB channel 17.

#320448 - 03/08/06 12:00 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Put us where you need us.

Looks like we'll be riding up with the 4:00 group. We're going to camp at the end camp, mainly because I'm lazy & don't want to setup twice.

Making a run to Walmart tomorrow for supplies. I usually take a 5 gallon can camping. How much water should I bring? Cups or bottles? I don't want to offend the treehuggers. :p

#320449 - 03/08/06 08:03 AM Re: Fat Tire Departure Times and Dates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay Pluvo. You do realize it is over an hour back to the start right?

Want to take the other sweep spot with Ty?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal