2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327813 - 12/08/06 09:54 PM Noob ?: Car care in Arizona?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Guys,

I just got my Xterra (Great buying experience at Brown and Brown Nissan, thanks for the tip), and am already planning forward (and overwhelmed by what to read and prepare for the car). Now, my questions are going to be very noob, but bear with me, not being from Arizona or from the U.S. for that matter, and the Xterra being my first car.

So, in Arizona, in Phoenix, should I be using a car wash/wax chain such as COBBLESTONE to take care of the car and have it wash/wax/and what else... or should I do it myself, and if so where since don't have any shade at my apart lot, and I heard sun and wax don't mix well. Is there in Phoenix DIY wash/wax shops?

Moreover, and while I did research the matter on the xterra owner forums, most posts are from 2001-2002, what brand of wash/wax product is best for the Xterra?

Thanks for bearing with a noob wink

Cheers

#327814 - 13/08/06 11:43 AM Re: Noob ?: Car care in Arizona?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use a good quality UV protectant wax, and even tho I have my own house, I most often wash my X at a local DIY carwash, which is only 1/4 mile from my house. Most of those places have shaded areas that you can dry off your X in before heading home. Most good wax can be applied in direct sunlight, but I normally get up early on a Weekend day before the full heat of the Sun is out - Then apply any wax etc.

Glad you enjoyed the buying experience with Chris at Brown & Brown.

#327815 - 16/08/06 10:01 AM Re: Noob ?: Car care in Arizona?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got a good deal on a powerwasher (with free extention hose) from Amazon . I figure I'll use that to get most of the crud off the let Weiss Guys do the rest...for half price. [ThumbsUp]

As far as waxing goes, I'm a firm believer in the frequent application of mud...lots & lots of mud. Those expensive day spas charge a fortune for mud baths for women to look all young & pretty. Should do wonders for the X too. laugh

#327816 - 16/08/06 02:51 PM Re: Noob ?: Car care in Arizona?
Anonymous
Unregistered

After you wheel it a couple times and give it a liberal dose of Arizona pinstriping (can't be avoided), these questions will seem far less significant.

#327817 - 16/08/06 07:14 PM Re: Noob ?: Car care in Arizona?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My coke ovens / box canyon pin striping buffed out pretty good. Had a few solid coats of Carnuba wax on there beforehand - I still wake up at night in a cold sweat hearing that noise as we went through the Mesquite forrest. Araaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal