Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328805 - 02/07/07 09:32 AM Good Dealer for wheelers?
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Ok... New question.

Anyone know a good dealer that doesn't throw their hands in the air as soon as they see aftermarket skids?

Oh, I am able to prove that my complaints were made before any aftermarket parts were installed. I had to cancel my original appointment to have the truck looked at due to a family emergency and later that week I got my first pallet of skids. They saw the truck with half of the skids installed the next week (so I couldn’t wait to install them over the weekend).

Power Nissan in Tempe, my service rep being Jimmy, has basically blown off all of my issues with suspension since they have seen my truck with aftermarket skids. Requests to the Service manager James has only just gotten the car back the same day without them sitting on it for a day to tell me they have done nothing.

My problems are:
1. Over heating RF amp (at about 140 degrees)
2. Rear Leaf spring squeaks something awful
3. Front end pops and clunks in 4WD going over larger bumps (like a big speed bump)
4. Drivers door squeaks
5. Alignment is way off and the steering wheel sits crocked to go straight

Now I have searched around and 3 of the 5 items I have found Nissan service bulletins for.

My current issue, after taking in the truck twice for the same issues is Jessica at the service department is telling us to take it somewhere else now. They are now refusing to want to look at it since they say they can't reproduce the problems. Getting in and out of the truck makes the rear leaf squeak so bad you'd think something is broken. The front end pops so bad you'd think the tire will fall off when wheeling... And the stereo is just ticking me off. Oh, and they complained about the mileage cause I've put (when they saw it last) over 4,000 miles on the truck in about two months. They said I drove it too much.

Yeah Yeah... So this is a half vent and flame of Power Nissan I know... But the sales guy was great smile

So where else can I go? ... Scottsdale Nissan stole a bunch of stuff from my last truck so their out, Earhart doesn't let you out of the parking lot and I just don’t trust that company, and Power is telling me they won't service me now.

I'm on the east side, but at this point I'm willing to haul the truck where ever to get it looked into at this point.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice.
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#328806 - 02/07/07 09:52 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Best Guy (Place) in town in my opinion is Brad Ernest at Peoria Nissan (Bell and 91st Ave). Call Him and chat to see if you want to make the trek. Cell 623-695-1299

He's been a real asset to me and our club and when I have repairs he's the only person I trust as I've had similar issues at the various dealers.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Adam [Wave]

#328807 - 02/07/07 12:21 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Consider ABC or Pinnacle too...tell them you were referred by Nissan4wheelers.com. They advertise with us for wholesale parts and you might even get a break in the service area with mention of their ad on our site.

#328808 - 02/07/07 01:08 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
MadManX Offline

Well I have an appointment with Brad in Peoria on Monday. He said he gets people going up there from as far away as Yuma.

I don't know about ABC's service deptment but their sales guys called for months after I bought my first X at a differnt dealer (for a lot less and the model I asked for). So maybe next go around or if this doesn't work out.

Down side is... I've waited about 2 months now for my bumpers and sliders from ShrockWorks and they show up tomorrow. Brad said no more mods till after they look at the truck frown And I was hoping to get the rear bumper installed on the 4th and the front over the weekend. Oh well I guess I've waited this long.

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope this takes care of everything this time.

-Randy
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#328809 - 02/07/07 01:30 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had nothing but great service with Brad over an Peoria. I take the X and Bren's Frontier there b/c he seems to value our business.

#328810 - 02/07/07 04:06 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

bumpers should have nothing to do with your problems. Especially your amp and your drivers door. As for the alignment and the leaves that may be another story related to wheeling. But for those two issues I would fight tooth and nail to get that stuff fixed. The only way the aftermarket parts can be used against you is if they are the direct cause of the problem.

#328811 - 02/07/07 06:49 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
In all fairness I have to give props to Monty. He took care of my issues with no hassle. Monty sits right beside Brad at the service advisors desk.

As a side note, Brad had the day off when I took my truck into Peoria Nissan.

#328812 - 05/07/07 07:34 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Good news might be coming down the pipe shortly.

Stay tuned.

wink

#328813 - 05/07/07 07:39 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:

Stay tuned.

wink
why you gotta do that.... laugh

#328814 - 05/07/07 10:58 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Stay tuned.

wink
Sucker! :p [LOL]

#328815 - 11/07/07 07:22 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:

Stay tuned.

wink
It's a happening deal. August 1st, but I can't say exactly what it is just yet.

Soon.

cool

#328816 - 11/07/07 07:28 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geeze, talk about baited breath!

Is Rusty going into Nissan or something?

#328817 - 12/07/07 07:41 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
MadManX Offline

Ok.. So the long drive up (about an hour without traffic) to Peoria Nissan...

Brad is awsome...

1. Alignment - Installed Camber Bolt kit, drives straight now.
2. Steering Wheel - Points straight ahead when going that direction now smile
3. Sqeaking rear leaf - On order to be replaced.
4. Stereo - Still can't reporduce frown But another tech said they usually can't and gave me some suggestions (spacers under the RF amp to get it off the body). Though they put in a notice to Nissan and will notify me if a Service Bulliten is releaced regaurding it.
5. Front end clunk/pop - Fixed... Said it was a braket loose in the front bumper.

And it was all shinny clean and ready to roll when I got there. I do have to go back when the spring gets in, but it was worth the trip. The hard part is not installing my rear bumper till the spring has been replaced (Brad asked me not to modify anything on the rear till then). But the front bumper is almost done and the sliders will be drilled and mounted Saturday.

Thanks so much Adam.

-Randy
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#328818 - 12/07/07 08:15 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Geeze, talk about baited breath!

No.

For now, all I can say is I know someone (no, not me) that is going to work for a valley Nissan dealer as the Service Manager. This will take place on Aug 1st. I should be able to give all the details hopefully after this weekend.

It's a done deal, just not everyone that needs to be notified about it has been yet.

smile

#328819 - 12/07/07 08:47 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Ok.. So the long drive up (about an hour without traffic) to Peoria Nissan...

Brad is awsome...

1. Alignment - Installed Camber Bolt kit, drives straight now.
2. Steering Wheel - Points straight ahead when going that direction now smile
3. Sqeaking rear leaf - On order to be replaced.
4. Stereo - Still can't reporduce frown But another tech said they usually can't and gave me some suggestions (spacers under the RF amp to get it off the body). Though they put in a notice to Nissan and will notify me if a Service Bulliten is releaced regaurding it.
5. Front end clunk/pop - Fixed... Said it was a braket loose in the front bumper.

And it was all shinny clean and ready to roll when I got there. I do have to go back when the spring gets in, but it was worth the trip. The hard part is not installing my rear bumper till the spring has been replaced (Brad asked me not to modify anything on the rear till then). But the front bumper is almost done and the sliders will be drilled and mounted Saturday.

Thanks so much Adam.

-Randy
GREAT! I knew our buddy Brad wouldn't let you down! [ThumbsUp]

#328820 - 12/07/07 08:48 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
[b]Geeze, talk about baited breath!

No.

For now, all I can say is I know someone (no, not me) that is going to work for a valley Nissan dealer as the Service Manager. This will take place on Aug 1st. I should be able to give all the details hopefully after this weekend.

It's a done deal, just not everyone that needs to be notified about it has been yet.

smile [/b]
Ok, ok, I'll try to be patient! laugh

#328821 - 13/07/07 11:17 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
XterrAZ Offline

OK......people are being told as I type this...

Some of you may remember or know this, most of you won't. When I first started the AZXC my wife Kerry was the Service Manager at Scottsdale Nissan. We had great support through the dealership with our vehicles and a location for our meetings, it was like having a family member (it was for me) "in the business". There were even members that joined the club, Marshall for example, because of dealings he had with Kerry at the dealership.

A lot of people think the "Service Manager" is the person that you deal with and writes up your vehicle on the drive. That person is actually a service advisor or writer, not the service manager. The manager is the person that oversees the entire service department which includes technicians, writers, lot attendants, and most importantly....warranty.

As of August 1st, Kerry will once again be involved with Nissan as she will be taking over as service manager for Midway Auto Team at 23rd Ave & Bell. She will be running the GM and Nissan shops. This is actually a return to that dealership as she used to be the service manager for Infiniti there. Infiniti will be moving out of that location shortly and down to the Peoria Nissan area.

So there's the news I couldn't give out until now. We're very excited about it as we are still a total Nissan family even if it's not an X.

[ThumbsUp]

#328822 - 13/07/07 12:31 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome! It's always been a pleasure dealing with you two anywhere you happen to be. Congratulations Kerry [ThumbsUp]

#328823 - 13/07/07 05:17 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very Cool Indeed! I now have someone close to me again. laugh

So does this mean we can do anyhing and get covered? wink J/K I know we still have to treat the X with respect and not abuse it.

I hope that includes a pay raise. BTW - so who's going to be Service Manager for Childress? I know Dave left and did you ever find a suitable replacement for him?

Congrats! [Wave]

#328824 - 13/07/07 07:01 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
XterrAZ Offline

A suitable replacement? No.

John Shelton, one of the advisors was the assistant manager and he will step into Kerry's place. It won't work out but we, as a dealership, are on the way out of business anyway. It's just a matter of time.

#328825 - 13/07/07 10:49 PM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
A suitable replacement? No.

John Shelton, one of the advisors was the assistant manager and he will step into Kerry's place. It won't work out but we, as a dealership, are on the way out of business anyway. It's just a matter of time.
Crap Mike, I hate to hear that. You guys were great to work with and I'm sorry to see that go. I remember John and I agree I don't think he's A+ material and may struggle. However, sometimes people shine under the greatest pressure. I hope anyways. Tell Dick Hi for me. [Wave]
Adam

#328826 - 14/07/07 06:23 AM Re: Good Dealer for wheelers?
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Congrats to Kerry- That's what I figured it was after our discussion at dinner. So, do they need a parts Mgr too? laugh

GM huh? You know who has a 1945 GM? That's great that I'll finally get some warranty work done on the Duck! [Freak]

JK- although I may have her name drop to me so I can get them to sponsor the Duck. What better way to show how tough GM trucks are than to show them a 1945 version that's still going strong??

Congrats- hope a new job will ease her mind abit.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal