2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324833 - 28/11/07 09:52 PM Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

During my stay in Az (before July)

I need to hit up Sedona,
Do the coke ovens, (once I skid, tires and front bumper)
Chimney Rock (Tucson)
Backway to Crown King
Vampire Mine (Lake Havasu)

and any trails that come to the liking, those I decided I'm going to do, question is who'd like to come along!

#324834 - 29/11/07 06:15 AM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't need skids, bumper etc. just to make it to Coke Ovens. Of course it wouldn't hurt any tho, but with a spotter you should be able to make it without any damage. Only thing I hurt in my 4 month old X when I ran it was my rear Diff - scraped her on a rock and peeled the cover. Mixture of inexperience and zero spotting that day.

#324835 - 29/11/07 07:50 AM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
I ran the coke ovens stock without damage. Till I did the river crossing for the alt way out in high water.... Man that was fun though... BTW... Front Grills cost $220 from the dealer.

Ok... So I wasn't truely stock... I had partially installed my skids (all but the radiator and diff, the the engine one was missing the spacers). But I never touched them the whole trip. No bumpers and no sliders at the time either, and no lift and on stock tires.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#324836 - 29/11/07 07:59 AM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're on a budget, Tires will pay off more than anything, but protection is always a must.

The front bumper isn't going to do anything for you right away and would actually lower your front end, unless you change the suspension.

Most of those trails can be done as said, bare stock, but I would definately get the tires and work my way from there.

Have fun!
Adam

#324837 - 29/11/07 09:59 AM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just go by this tree of thought, anything can happen, so I try to cover as many points as possible. as I can't afford to fix anything I break. maybe I shouldn't be in this business.

The point of this thread was to try to get everyone hyped up for a run. smile So when are we doing any runs?

#324838 - 29/11/07 01:07 PM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got time off after Xmas. Post up on N4W where you want to go. I'd be up for a Coke Ovens/Battleaxe/Box Canyon run then, where we could come out in Superior, and you could turn south and go back to Tucson through Mammoth and Oracle.

Crown king...Haven't run that in a while, and if you haven't run it, you'll enjoy it. I'll only run that trail nowadays if there's snow at the top. Otherwise, I don't feel like dealing with the ATV traffic on that one.

#324839 - 29/11/07 01:14 PM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crown King is fun......when it's raining, isn't that right dan,waldo and randy?

#324840 - 29/11/07 01:25 PM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going back to Cali on the 16 of dec and be back on the 16th of january. once I get back I'll have my skid's on order, and have greg build me a light sturdy front bumper

#324841 - 29/11/07 03:35 PM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks like I found some money lying around, so I'll be picking up a set of Firestone Destinations A/T. From northern Cali. Guy is selling em to me for basically cost smile

#324842 - 29/11/07 05:52 PM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'll only run that trail nowadays if there's snow at the top.
laugh

I'd like to take this pic w/ the '07 now..

And yeah, that's a great trail, rain or shine.. [Smoking]

#324843 - 29/11/07 07:05 PM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

o-ya its time for another run. [Too much XOC] :p

#324844 - 30/11/07 01:02 AM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

-sniffles-

ya'll have fun frown

#324845 - 30/11/07 11:27 AM Re: Trails, I'd like to run during my stay in AZ
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
I think I've broken more and did more body damage since I got my armor than before. Alot of it was due to the increase in weight. Well that and you get alot bolder when your protected.

As for a tire change... I just got mine and haven't really had them out much yet... The one spot I did take them too I ran 4hi where Sheila had to run 4lo with her locker because of very loose sand and gravel. But I waited till last, since I had to wear out the stock ones before Sheila would let me have new ones.

IMO pratice on trails your comfortable with, then upgrade trails as you feel more confident. This goes even after upgrades. I run a spot in the sand out in the desert by my house and Box Canyon every time I do a major change... Just cause I know what to expect when I run those trails. Hence no more hill climbs for me in Box Canyon... My center of weight is too high now. You saw me try to flip end over on that trail.

Than after that I find a hard trail to do something stupid on smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal