Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#333773 - 05/11/02 07:21 AM Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
How about some more! I changed the Quality from high to medium for these.

Geriatric Turning
http://superjens.com/xterra/geri1.mpg

Green?
http://superjens.com/xterra/light1.mpg

Follow the leader? (sorry, camera was crooked)
http://superjens.com/xterra/follow.mpg

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#333774 - 05/11/02 08:11 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
You live in a very, very scary town.

#333775 - 05/11/02 08:46 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
You live in a very, very scary town.
I agree... wink

I'd seriously move...

#333776 - 05/11/02 09:34 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
Ramness Offline

And then people call me crazy for having the camera...

Our towns motto is "Everybody is Sombody in Snellville"

But at the police station we have changed it to... "Everybody Hits Somebody in Snellville"

#333777 - 05/11/02 09:42 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
You sure do use your ABS alot.

#333778 - 05/11/02 09:51 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_xterra:
You sure do use your ABS alot.
and then people wonder why I had to replace my brakes around 36,000 miles... cause I live here!

#333779 - 05/11/02 10:17 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
"Roll the window down, stick your arm out, extend your middle finger..."

#333780 - 05/11/02 10:21 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
"Roll the window down, stick your arm out, extend your middle finger..."
Speaking of that...

Virginia passed a new law a few months back...making that illegal.

How's THAT for a stupid law? You can get a ticket for ANY gestures toward another driver, be it with your horn, your lights, your voice, or your hands.

So if someone is trying to merge, and I flash my lights to tell them to merge in front of me, a cop who only saw my lights could ticket me thinking I was pissed 'cause the person cut me off, when it was not that at all.

Treat the symptom, not the disease.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#333781 - 05/11/02 11:30 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
Follow the leader? (sorry, camera was crooked)
I would have done the same, clearly the moron at the front wasn't paying attention or was stalled. However, I would have been VERY attentive to the possibility that the second person in line, or even the one in front, could have started to make the turn in front of me as well.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#333782 - 06/11/02 06:19 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]"Roll the window down, stick your arm out, extend your middle finger..."
Speaking of that...

Virginia passed a new law a few months back...making that illegal.

How's THAT for a stupid law? You can get a ticket for ANY gestures toward another driver, be it with your horn, your lights, your voice, or your hands.

So if someone is trying to merge, and I flash my lights to tell them to merge in front of me, a cop who only saw my lights could ticket me thinking I was pissed 'cause the person cut me off, when it was not that at all.

Treat the symptom, not the disease.[/b]
That's just another way to prevent aggressive drivers....But you know what they should do is prevent alot of the stupid drivers (exp.pull into the high speed lane doing 50mph in a 65 zone) and half the aggressive drivers won't drive like idiots...

#333783 - 06/11/02 09:56 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
KJ_dragon Offline

Just do what they do in europe. To get a license in Germany, you gotta take an advanced driving class that costs some absurd amount (few thousand $$$????). The class is very long, a few days or even weeks. (I don't remember exactly)

Then comes the exam. Their exam is much more difficult than ours - so that weeds out some more bad drivers too.

The result: better drivers and less drivers. Not to mention more people on public transit.

Those who cannot pass the exam or pay for taking the class are stuck using public transit. Driving becomes a priviledge that is earned, not just something handed out to the entire population. More people in public transit means less traffic congestion and less environmental pollution.

#333784 - 06/11/02 05:14 PM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
BB_Nissan Offline

Loc: Huachuca City, AZ
Actually the entire process takes almost a year and roughly $3000 in Germany.
01 Accent

#333785 - 06/11/02 10:16 PM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Unfortunately America is way too big, and public transit is way too limited to make obtaining a driver license challenging.

I would estimate that 90% of drivers in America have no real idea what they are doing behind the wheel.

#333786 - 06/11/02 10:38 PM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
KJ_dragon Offline

Just like everything else, American is many years behind other countries (technology, education, public transportation, etc)

If somehow we were able to invest some resources into our public transit system that could potentially solve many of our problems. Now the Billion dollar question is........."how do we find the resources?" sell a few missles and jets perhaps?

#333787 - 09/11/02 05:00 PM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
mmUTK Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
I wish I had one of those things mounted on my roof, for times like last weekend when I almost slid off a cliff

#333788 - 27/11/02 10:35 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]"Roll the window down, stick your arm out, extend your middle finger..."
Speaking of that...

Virginia passed a new law a few months back...making that illegal.[/b]
wow, that's been Illegal in Mass ever since I can remember.

#333789 - 28/11/02 01:24 AM Re: Since we had so much fun with the last 2 X-cam Vids…
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mmutk:
I wish I had one of those things mounted on my roof, for times like last weekend when I almost slid off a cliff
You mean like this?

http://superjens.com/xterra/roof.wmv

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal