Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#334074 - 24/06/08 04:21 PM Toying with Movie Maker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to share my first attempt (feeble at best) at using a movie editor and making a wheeling vid. Hopefully it will provide some entertainment to you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EaLBjLbcE2E

#334075 - 24/06/08 05:27 PM Re: Toying with Movie Maker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good job man.

Put some mt's on her yet?

[ThumbsUp]

#334076 - 24/06/08 07:33 PM Re: Toying with Movie Maker
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Very nice video.

I think the audio could be a lot better with two changes (or you can completely disagree with me...):

1) The music is too heavy. Most of the Xterra videos I've seen make this mistake... if you have a clip video of people getting punched in the face repeatedly or of truly extreme flying-off-a-mountain type stuff - something with LOTS of action, then you can whip out the Rob Zombie...

Long format regular-guy offroading videos work much better with something mellow.

2) I've seen a couple videos with real audio from the camera mixed in - it works really well when it'll be music for awhile and then real audio fades in at key spots so you can hear the occasional engine revving, people talking, or metal crunching.

#334077 - 25/06/08 07:22 AM Re: Toying with Movie Maker
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't added the M/T's yet. I have my 2nd set of wheels but still running my stockers with the crap BFG's. Hoping to replace them with Yokohamas this week and wrapping my new 15's in Super Swamper SSR's.

Thanks for the tips Kaiser. I agree it is a little too fast for the tempo of the music. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I just grabbed a few songs from my itunes that fit the time frame. I'm sure I'll get bored and make a few more.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal