2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#332926 - 23/01/08 03:49 AM Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hope you all Like it.
I spent about 2 and a half hours making this

#332927 - 23/01/08 04:51 AM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
marmillerX Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
eek What rally race were you in?

#332928 - 23/01/08 09:39 AM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like you had a good time. Careful with those speeds though... you'll find the weakpoints of the Xterra really fast. Steering being one of them. Compare my vids to yours and it would be like Driving Miss Daisy to Fast and the Furious [Spit]

#332929 - 23/01/08 12:13 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol yeah on most of the inside shots I was running down that trail at about 40mph... it's pretty much just like an old road with big pot holes lol all the big hole are off on the side trails. but It was lots of fun, no damage done but I do still need a new harmonic balancer..... $188 from the dealership and I can do pretty much any work on my own.
I have been up there a few other times and actually cruised at a reasonable speed this was the first time I had run though that fast. It seemed to be a lot more fun and exciting that way.

#332930 - 23/01/08 12:47 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you ridden out on Prentice Cooper WMA? Tuff (my wheelin' partner in the NOAS) and I rode a trail/road called Haley Rd. through that management area and it was a lot of fun. You could do the majority in 2WD with the exception of the staircase at the end which has a side trail to bypass it.

Here's me on the staircase:

And a creek crossing you might have a little trouble with but doable. It's deeper than it looks I found out.

#332931 - 23/01/08 09:29 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah I'd really like to go up there but then again I would also like to have a partner with me when I go. just seems safer that way to me, and preferably someone who knows the trail.

#332932 - 24/01/08 07:49 AM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Cool vid.. [ThumbsUp]

I love doing little rally type sprints like that.. wink

#332933 - 24/01/08 09:36 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah sometimes with trails like that its the only way to have good fun

#332934 - 28/01/08 07:36 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey is there anyway y'all could push the Coal Creak run back to the third weekend of Febuary?

#332935 - 28/01/08 09:04 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

That weekend was suggested but for 3 out of 4 of the guys saying they're going, it wasn't good for them. I was trying to please the majority so to speak. Keyword is "saying" they are going.

As it stands right now I won't be able to but if 2 of them back out then I'm all for it and I'm pretty sure that Tuff can swing it too.

The other factor is I'm in the middle of job hunting so the later in February I wait, the less money I'm going to have available and the possibility that I will be working again and not have any time off.

Hate I can't accommodate for you. But no worries, if you can't swing this one, there WILL be many more.

The NOAS has a club run there in June I believe and the ECXC is possibly going to be held there in mid-July. It's open 365/24 so if you have a permit and a pull pal, you can go anytime. They have a lot of trails you can take on in 2WD plus some muddy playgrounds.

#332936 - 29/01/08 12:29 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds good. I'd also like to make it up to Prentice Cooper out on Halley Rd. I'm sure if the stairs are down hill I can take those no problem..... but if I have to go back up then then I don't see it happening.

#332937 - 29/01/08 01:13 PM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah downhill you should fair ok. Just be careful because there are a few off-camber drops and some drops where you've really got to watch your clearance. And by all means I hope you've removed your rear swaybar otherwise you can kiss the passenger side rear shock good bye.

There is a little side trail that goes around the staircase so if you have second thoughts or you're wanting to go back up then it will be no problem.

#332938 - 01/02/08 06:29 AM Re: Big Fork on Signal Mountain, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me and my buddy went for a small wheelin trip at this place in Red Bank under the power lines yesterday when I got the Xterra fixed, and when we got done he sugested we go up to Prentice Cooper and run Halley Rd and I was kinda uneasy about goin without a partner vehicle, but we went on up anyway. Every trail up there was closed except Halley Rd I got a little ways down the trail and came up on the sign and sat and though about it for a minute then we just turned around and left. Then we went about another 2 miles up the road and just hit the same trail from my video. came out the other side of that and then hit this other place I know about thats about another mile up the road. All in all it was great fun and I came out with a broken tail lens cover on my drivers side, but no body damage. I would like to get back up to prentice cooper and run halley rd with someone asap though.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal