2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92393 - 27/08/01 08:32 AM Elmwood Nissan
njxterra Offline

Loc: Rutherford NJ
I must say that getting the X was the most painless car buying experiance I have ever had. And I have had my share.
Went onto Autobytel submitted my request and I swear 30 minutes later Pierre Bonnet from Elmwood Nissan on rt46 in elmwood park calls.
Made an appointment for that night. Went there and looked. We wanted a 02 supercharged but they did not know when they would be getting them. So we took a Silver 01 SE for a ride and liked it. We go inand the gf decides that she wants the black one. We sit down to start the process. I had already prepped her on this part. They go out to check the trade in, come back to get me cause the damn hood wont open. I did find that out the day b4. So we cant get the hood open, Pierre was like....oh well.
We go back he askes her how much she wants she says 5k he says i'll give you 4700. this is for a bone stock 96 cheerokee sport with no power windows or anything and 52k on it.
Worked for me. he then goes 2k under sticker and adds the trailer hitch. We were happy. She got the truck she wanted at the price she wanted, and Pierre was a nice enough guy. No haggling and no BS othe then her forgot to order the cargo mat for us. Hopefully we will have a good experiance with the servce department

#92394 - 27/08/01 01:26 PM Re: Elmwood Nissan
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
Sounds like it was a good experience. I bought my X from East Coast up in Englewood Cliffs. I got an average deal, but what I regret is not getting them to throw in the tow hitch. I was too anxious to get my truck! I would not recommend going there for service, it's really slow and everyone looks at you like they just ate a shit sandwich.

Good luck w/your truck, we'll probably meet at some event in the future cool

#92395 - 27/08/01 06:33 PM Re: Elmwood Nissan
njxterra Offline

thanks ruttiger. after my experiance with stadium ford, this was a welcome experiance. but that was probably my fault cause i went in there and said i want a mustang. oh well, live an learn.
but then i researcehd the x cause she was looking at other suv's so i wanted to really look into it, and we did make a very good choice. it's a good feeling knowing there are other owners out there that are just as passionate with their x as we are.
later!

#92396 - 27/08/01 06:41 PM Re: Elmwood Nissan
njxterra Offline

thanks ruttiger. after my experiance with stadium ford, this was a welcome experiance. but that was probably my fault cause i went in there and said i want a mustang. oh well, live an learn.
but then i researcehd the x cause she was looking at other suv's so i wanted to really look into it, and we did make a very good choice. it's a good feeling knowing there are other owners out there that are just as passionate with their x as we are.
later!

#92397 - 28/08/01 07:45 AM Re: Elmwood Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

ask oleg about his experience w/ Elmwood Nissan...they were the ONLY one's that would take him in a timely fashion, but didn't fix the problem, right oleg???
i take mine to O'Brien, since its a mile from my house, but Elmwood is 2 miles from my work.. smile i'm actually due for an oil change next week...so gotta get on the phone w/ Guy...

#92398 - 28/08/01 10:44 AM Re: Elmwood Nissan
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by njX:
ask oleg about his experience w/ Elmwood Nissan...they were the ONLY one's that would take him in a timely fashion, but didn't fix the problem, right oleg???
i take mine to O'Brien, since its a mile from my house, but Elmwood is 2 miles from my work.. smile i'm actually due for an oil change next week...so gotta get on the phone w/ Guy...

yep, but atleast they looked for the problem
they spent lots of hours looking

but the end result was the same
"your arb and 31 bfg at voided your waranty" in other words "We have no idea how to fix it"

;(

#92399 - 28/08/01 09:58 PM Re: Elmwood Nissan
Bill H Offline

Loc: Northern NJ USA
Yeah Stadium Auto Mall screwed me too. Bent me right over the 'ole fencepost. Stay clear of them! Fortunately I am in the process of forming a class action lawsuit against them and Chrysler. I bought my X at Warnock. A no BS dealership. I called them, told them the numbers I was willing to pay and if they wanted to sell a truck, this is what they have to meet. They did. I couldn't be happier with the X or the dealership. I think they're worth the 30 minute trip. I did have some previous dealings with Elmwood Nissan on my King Cab 4x4 Pick Up a few years back. They did fix my problem, but weren't cheap or quick about it.

#92400 - 29/08/01 06:20 AM Re: Elmwood Nissan
njxterra Offline

part of the problem i had with stadium was my fault i guess. i idnt say i was interested in a mustang i said i wanted a mustang.....stupid thing to do so they saw me coming. i went during lunch so i was short on time and they kept pushing me to take the car back to work so i could think about it. it was just a bad buying experiance, too much pressure from them but i did break even on the trade in which i still owed on.
the service there is good though. i had the car there for some tsb's and they fixed it promptly.

#92401 - 29/08/01 02:45 PM Re: Elmwood Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bill,
what the hell happened that your taking them to court????

#92402 - 30/08/01 05:57 PM Re: Elmwood Nissan
Bill H Offline

Loc: Northern NJ USA
Hey Ari,
Caught me by surprise the other night. Were you in stealth mode or was I not paying attention? Anyway, its a little too long of an explanation for a posting. If you plan the next meeting on a day I can attend (Fri or Sat) I'll be happy to tell you all about it. First beer is on me.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal