2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93684 - 20/04/02 10:24 PM Formerly Lithia Nissan Bakersfield
Frostie Offline

Loc: Bakersfield,CA
First off, I dealt with the salesman (must have been new because he was kinda a puss). After that, I got to meet the ever so friendly sales manager. He acted like I was just some punk kid who coudn't afford the X. But hey looks can be deceiving. I ended up getting somewhere about 400 over invoice price and bent him over. They were asking $27,100 for the 2001 XE V6 4X4. He later says that if I bring in the survey from Nissan North America so they can "help me fill it out" they will treat me to a free tank of gas. so I said, what the hell, its a free tank and that wont change my opinion. Well they literally take the survey and fill it out themselves. But I had made a copy of it in case they decided to pull such a stunt. I sent in the copy of the survey (that I personally filled out) to Nissan North America with a long letter of all that had occured in the past. I also included in that letter my first bad experience trying to get an oil change in their service dept. I made an appt for the morning and came to pick up my X in the evening. They hadn't even touched it.

As you could bet by this point, I was livid. The head guy of the service dept was really cool about it and hooked me up with some good stuff for my troubles. However, back to the letter and the survey. I never even received so much as a letter or any aknowledgment it had even been read by Nissan North America. All I expect is a short letter just so I know they read what I had to say. But anyways I'm done bitchin now. All I can say is that I love my X and it was worth all the $hit I went through to get it!

One other quick note. Shortly after I bought the X from Lithia Nissan, they were purchased by another company and it is now under new management. So who has the last laugh now Mother#ucker? [Finger]

#93685 - 20/04/02 10:25 PM Re: Formerly Lithia Nissan Bakersfield
Frostie Offline

Loc: Bakersfield,CA
Forgot to mention, I got my X for $22,500 roughly...and fully loaded.

#93686 - 23/04/02 06:22 AM Re: Formerly Lithia Nissan Bakersfield
WannaBe Offline

Loc: Sioux Falls, SD
I've email Nissan before about a bad experience with a dealer in the Minneapolis, MN area. The first email, I did get a response to. Some BS general form letter letting me know they appreciated me notifying them and that there dealerships are highly rated.

The second email I sent to them, no response at all. It almost seems like they will side with the dealership before customers or potential customer.

Good luck with your X. Hopefully you have another Dealership nearby for your service needs.

#93687 - 23/04/02 06:23 AM Re: Formerly Lithia Nissan Bakersfield
WannaBe Offline

Loc: Sioux Falls, SD
By the way, Awesome price and your purchase. smile

#93688 - 23/04/02 06:30 AM Re: Formerly Lithia Nissan Bakersfield
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally posted by WannaBe:
It almost seems like they will side with the dealership before customers or potential customer.
Yeah, it SEEMS like that. Actually, Nissan will usually put it back on the dealer. When a formal complaint is filed and you are assigned a file number, that file and complaint are forwarded to the dealer and and it is their responsibility to resolve it. We have a certain amount of time to respond to the complaint and inform Nissan of the resolution. If the dealer is unable to satisfy the customer or unable to rectify the problem, we inform Nissan and they will attempt an alternative resolution.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal