Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92358 - 01/07/02 07:09 PM Coastal Nissan
tlcafj60 Offline

Loc: Framingham, MA
I purchased my '02 SE 4X4 from Coastal Nissan in Cohasset, MA and have nothing but good things to say about them. I put out a ton of emails all across New England and received alot of email replies from dealers telling me blah blah blah...you need to put down a deposit before we can get the vehicle so we know you're serious, and blah blah we cant give you what you want for your trade.
Richard Walker, who is one of the owners of Coastal called me personally at work and talked with me about the truck and pretty much anything else. It was great because at the time I was more interested in a new Taco than the Xterra. After letting him know that, he and I genuinely kept talking about trucks and why I moved to Mass. I was impressed because was more like a guy you would have for a neighbor than a car dealer. I never once felt like I got shafted.
Later on, I came to a decision and went with the Xterra
I stopped by a dealer in Watertown, MA called Frost Nissan [Finger] . These assholes are the exact sterotypical car dealers you hear about. They gave me the runaround. Let me drive the truck around while they "appraised" my car. I get back and the salesman keeps my keys while we start the negotiations. I tell him that I want them back, and he eventually coughs them up.
The salesman I dealt with is named Leo. If you ever have the misfortune of going there, dont deal with this guy, he's full of shit. I bought my X two months ago and he still keeps sending me those ridiculous form letters. He doesn't have any idea who I am, since I basically told him to fuck off; yet this guy keeps sending those stupid letters. (Why do they send them to you anyway, I know where I was and what truck I looked at. If I thought you were worth buying the car from, dont you think I would remember your name? mad )
-->Rant Mode Off<--
After leaving the dealership I had Rich's phone number in my cell and gave him a call over lunch. I told him what went on and that I was interested in buying the same vehicle from him. He said that wouldnt be a problem, so I drove out to Cohasset. Nice area too. The people at Coastal are a reflection of the area: laid back.
To make an overly long story short, I bought the exact truck from Rich that the other guy was trying to sell me for a little less. I got the same in trade for my Impreza.
I will say this one thing:
I would rather pay the same amount of money for a vehicle to a dealer who is honest than to spend the whole time I am making payments wondering if I got screwed.
Its about customer service to me.
Thanks Rich! [Wave]

#92359 - 01/07/02 08:22 PM Re: Coastal Nissan
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
It's always nice to hear about a GOOD dealer once in a while. Be sure to fill out your survey and take care of them as they did you.
FYI-
Nissan has recently changed their scoring methods on surveys. Anything other than "EXCELLENT" counts against the dealer. They call it "top box scoring", so if you really want to get on their good side; score them as high as possible in each question (if you can honestly do so). Dealers do, in fact, receive copies of the surveys once returned. If you rate them "EXCELLENT" in all categories, they will probably remember you and would be more likely to "take care of you" if you needed something in the future.

#92360 - 01/07/02 08:29 PM Re: Coastal Nissan
tlcafj60 Offline

Exactly! They got top notch scoring.

I told the guy that I didnt want the step rails, and that if he didnt want them, they were going to end up in the basement or on the trash pile. He gave me $200 bucks in credit for Nissan accessories out of the brochure, so I picked up the cooler and bug deflector. There was a little hassle with the cooler as I got a used one by accident, but that was straightened out later. It was a hassle for him and he said he probably would avoid doing it in the future, but it really goes to show you how far this dealership goes for a customer.

#92361 - 02/07/02 05:48 AM Re: Coastal Nissan
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally posted by tlcafj60:
the cooler and bug deflector.
Did you get the OEM hood bug deflector? Those, from what I have seen, aren't available yet???? confused

#92362 - 02/07/02 08:01 AM Re: Coastal Nissan
tlcafj60 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Quote:
Originally posted by tlcafj60:
[b]the cooler and bug deflector.
Did you get the OEM hood bug deflector? Those, from what I have seen, aren't available yet???? confused [/b]
No I didnt get the deflector. He told me that they werent available as of yet. I was curious as to how they got one for the brochure pic though and he said it was odd too. Probably just didnt make enough yet or may have had to make a change or something.
He is sending me a check for the cost of the deflector and to reimburse me for shipping back the first fridge.

#92363 - 02/07/02 03:33 PM Re: Coastal Nissan
AbsXtreme Offline

Loc: Myrtle Beach SC USA
now you ride by the first dealership and "show off" your new X displaying the international symbol [Finger] laugh

#92364 - 02/07/02 08:28 PM Re: Coastal Nissan
tlcafj60 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AbsXtreme:
now you ride by the first dealership and "show off" your new X displaying the international symbol [Finger] laugh
Did it the first week I got it!

I drove by, honked the horn and gave some sales guy with a customer the one finger salute.

[Finger]

He had no idea what I was doing and just waved back.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal