Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92030 - 04/12/04 05:50 PM Local Nissan dealer
Anonymous
Unregistered

This little adventure started when I was first looking to buy an X. I may run on a bit, but I think its somewhat entertaining and even though it was a few months ago it still burns my ass.

First place I stopped was the Nissan dealer thats about 40 minutes from my house, I was in that area looking at other make cars at dealers. I asked to drive an X, the guy took me out in a 2004 SE/SC and I loved it. The guy was great, we ended up talking about baseball more than him trying to sell me a car.

I decided on the Xterra so I went to the place closer to me. Walked in and at first was impressed, they had probably 8 350Z's in the showroom, one of which was propped up 45 degrees sideways on a ramp. About 20 seconds after I walk in a guy approached me. He was wearing a velvet, yes velvet, suit, with a big, circular brimmed velvet hat that even had a feather in it. My first thought was "I want to buy a car, not make some 'quick cash the easy way'". He said "Saaaap baby?! What can I do yall for?" Told him I wanted to buy a used X, he said "Aight yo, hold up... HEY YO K! WE GOT ANY XTURRA'S IN BACK?" i was out of there as quick as possible.

I ended up buying an X from a private seller.

I needed to have some recalls done so I made an appointment with the local place, figured the service department was a mile down the road from the showroom so it would be ok. I went in after making the appointment, and was told I never made one and would have to wait another week mad

I went back, left my car there and ordered another set of key and remote to be made. Got a call saying my car was done and I could pick it up anytime. Drove over, was told it wasnt done yet and they had confused my car, it would be done in 2 days mad

Pick it up, uneventful. Get a call later that same day mad saying I can come get my keys any time. Went back over, they had my key but not remote ready for me, said I'd have to come back again as they were out of stock on remotes mad

Get a call two days later saying i can get my remote whenever. Go in to the service place, tell them my name and say I have a remote to pick up. The lady punches some shit into her computer, tells me to wait, she makes me wait for 10 minutes, only to tell me "go over to that desk and talk to Bob." I talk to Bob, he tells me that not only do I not have an order in, but I don't actually own a nissan and I had never brought it in for service. Thanks Bob, thats news to me. He had typed my last name wrong... typed it in right and said I had no order. I told him I got a call yesterday saying I could pick it up any time. He says I dont have an order. I say, "ok well maybe its under something else, I paid for it when i got my recalls and some service done, maybe its under the same bill" He doesnt even check, just says "no, you have no order" I tell him I do and he says: "No, theres nothing here. Unless you can show me a receipt then I dont have to give you anything. You never ordered anything, theres nothing here, so I'm not going to give you anything, understand? Now if you show me a receipt then I'll give you your remote, but until then I don't have to give you anything. Do you understand? You never ordered anything, ok? Theres nothing here for you." Wow, way to value your customer there Bob mad I left without saying anything, came back an hour later with the receipt.

"Heres your receipt, Bob." He marched off into the back, probably played a few games of solitaire on another computer or jerked off to a poster in the back room cause it took him 20 damn minutes to find my key. He gave me my key, as soon as it was in my hand I said "Fuck you, your company sucks and I'm never coming back here." There were maybe 5 people working there doing things and probably 20 customers waiting in line, they all stopped and stared at me as i walked out. I turned back around, they were all still staring at me, grabbed a basket of halloween candy they had on their counter, took the whole thing and dumped it in the ashtray, said "Fuck you" to Bob once again and left. I guess the candy thing was pretty childish, but goddamn I got my laughs from it and anything else may have landed me in some legal trouble.

I've been to the other dealer once since then, they were great again.

#92031 - 06/12/04 01:06 PM Re: Local Nissan dealer
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
Dumped the Candy.....Fuck you Bob!!!!!!!

I wish I could be as calm during these encounters with folks doing business this way. HOPEFULLY you will receive one of those coveted "Customer Surveys" and you can go wave that in Bob's face while you tell him some more of your thoughts! As well, you could maybe get a pic of that Pimp Man for us?

Way to go! [ThumbsUp]

#92032 - 06/12/04 05:08 PM Re: Local Nissan dealer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Obviously there was some serious miscommunication. Not that it'd do much help now but... why you didn't speak to one of the managers? I got no cooperation from one of the service advisors once (not to mention I could tell he kept snickering at my every question) and saved myself $1300 (which they were really trying to scam me out of) just by -somewhat calmly- speaking to the service manager.
LINK

#92033 - 07/12/04 02:59 PM Re: Local Nissan dealer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it was the guy not liking me combined with the dealership being a piece of trash.

I first walked in there wearing a polo shirt, golf pants, and oakley glasses as I had just finished playing a golf tournament. The guy looked like a stereotypical bad guy from Dukes of Hazard, he probably just didn't like me.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal