2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93176 - 10/04/05 06:31 AM warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok so last week some jerk hit my X and smashed the pass. corner light, put 2 giant dents in the fender, chipped the paint on the fender, 2 dents on the door right near the keyhole and to top it off gave me a nice white racing strip form light to light almost knocking my tailight guards off... ok so whatever I do some mild mudding with my buddy and a few days later I decide to go get an estimate form Dadarrio Nissan in Shelton,CT. As soon as they let me pull in they all say "I see voided warramty written all over that trcul". WHY!? because I havee a lift and some big tires? I don't get why my warranty would be voided for something stupid like that? I am at 56k miles and if I ever need service just because of my truck my warranty is voided. Give me a break. What can I do toturn this around? Oh by the way they wanted $1703 to fix everyhting minus the light. That is to replace the fender pop the door dents out and repaint. Am I getting F--ed?

#93177 - 10/04/05 09:17 AM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

It should not void your whole warranty but if anything happens with the steering it could be an up hill battle.

$1700 dollars? What happend to the insurance?

#93178 - 10/04/05 02:11 PM Re: warranty issue
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by cobain913:
What can I do to turn this around?
Go to another dealer who understands the fact that in order to void any part of warranty, the part needing coverage must be proven to have failed by the modification or modified part. For example, if you've got steering issues, it might not be covered if it can be proven that the larger tires caused undue stress on say, a tire rod. Again, it still has to be proven on a case by case, part by part basis. It's not a blanket disqualification on your entire steering system. But if a dealer tells you they won't say, repair your busted A/C due to larger tires, etc. you're in the wrong place.

#93179 - 10/04/05 05:35 PM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weel to answer the insurance question here it is. I am not even 20 years old until may 21st this year...If I claim this on insurance won
't it go up? I really can't afford that seeing as I am in school and have a 40 hour full time job to take care of. My idea was to maybe use my tax return money to replace the fender and then maybe liek dent king the dorr and try to buff out the scratches? I am not sure what else to do becasue I can't afford higher insurance.

#93180 - 10/04/05 05:55 PM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

If someone hit you, use your insurance. Let your insurance company know who hit you and what insurance company they have. That is why you pay for insurance.

#93181 - 10/04/05 07:28 PM Re: warranty issue
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffo65:
If someone hit you, use your insurance. Let your insurance company know who hit you and what insurance company they have. That is why you pay for insurance.
If the damage was caused by a hit-n-run and you didn't file a police report at the scene (which is what it sounds like), you'll have a tough time getting anything out of your insurance. If someone hit you and you know who it is, there's no reason not to file. It's not your fault and your rates will not increase.

#93182 - 10/04/05 08:09 PM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

well no i didnt file a report at the scene and it was a hit and run...i was at work when it happeend and came out to it. tell me why then 2 years ago when my maxima got smashed to pieces by a lexus suv and the police even said it wasnt my fault that my insurance dropped me? no tickets or anythign before that. oh well its not that big of a deal to me...i can fix it cheaper myself then what the dealer wants.

#93183 - 11/04/05 04:42 PM Re: warranty issue
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
It’s a 2000 with 56,000 miles... What Warranty are you worried about?

If it’s the Manufactures warranty I would not worry about it as it has already expired or will in 4 months anyway.

General warranty is 3 yr / 36,000 miles, that’s gone.

Drivetrain is 5yr 60,000

2000 models were sold from Spring 1999 till August 2000

Which means the manufactures warranty expired or will expire between Spring 2004 – August 2005.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#93184 - 11/04/05 06:12 PM Re: warranty issue
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness:

2000 models were sold from Spring 1999 till August 2000
Were unsold 2000s recalled by Nissan in August 2000?

#93185 - 12/04/05 03:13 PM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

holy crap i would never take a car to a dealers body shop the only technicians they get in there are the ones no other body shop will hire

#93186 - 14/04/05 01:24 AM Re: warranty issue
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Just meant that’s when they began to sell the 2001 Xterra’s Although when I was shopping for my 2001 In Aug 2000 I only found one 2000 model that had not sold yet.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#93187 - 15/04/05 10:41 AM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cobain913:
well no i didnt file a report at the scene and it was a hit and run...i was at work when it happeend and came out to it. tell me why then 2 years ago when my maxima got smashed to pieces by a lexus suv and the police even said it wasnt my fault that my insurance dropped me? no tickets or anythign before that. oh well its not that big of a deal to me...i can fix it cheaper myself then what the dealer wants.
It counts as a claim regardless. The only way they would've dropped you if you had too many "claims" whether it was your fault or not. That in combination with how many tickets or moving violations you had. Although if you were on someone else's insurance plan (family plan) then it's cumulative for the whole family. So if your sister gets 3 tickets in 6 months then the insurance company will probably cancel the whole policy for everybody in your family.

#93188 - 15/04/05 10:48 AM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by larry:
holy crap i would never take a car to a dealers body shop the only technicians they get in there are the ones no other body shop will hire
I definitely agree with you there. When i bought my X the car wash kid opened the door into a very sharp object and put a 3" crease in the passenger door. I was pissed, i had just signed the paper work 5 minutes earlier. To make a long story short they agreed to fix it and paint the door. When i picked it up the door looked very good, so good i didn't notice the overspray all the way down to the hatch. It wasn't the Just Blue paint either, it was a primer. I thought it was wax or something but later found out it was primer. There is no way to get it off without repainting the whole side.

#93189 - 23/04/05 05:02 PM Re: warranty issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gorge camper:
Quote:
Originally posted by larry:
[b]holy crap i would never take a car to a dealers body shop the only technicians they get in there are the ones no other body shop will hire
I definitely agree with you there. When i bought my X the car wash kid opened the door into a very sharp object and put a 3" crease in the passenger door. I was pissed, i had just signed the paper work 5 minutes earlier. To make a long story short they agreed to fix it and paint the door. When i picked it up the door looked very good, so good i didn't notice the overspray all the way down to the hatch. It wasn't the Just Blue paint either, it was a primer. I thought it was wax or something but later found out it was primer. There is no way to get it off without repainting the whole side.[/b]
Claybar or light rubbing compound (applied by hand) should take that right off of clear coat.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal