Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92555 - 22/08/01 03:45 PM Bad Dealership
SNOW-X Offline

Loc: CORNWALL,NY
A few days ago I left a post about how bad Newburgh Nissan in upstate NY was after you buy a vehicle from them. I was reminded appropriately that I gave no reasons why.
So here they are:1.took the X in to get the right rear door body moulding repaired because it was falling off. I left the truck with them and when I came back later they had replaced the wrong one. I was a little upset and then they proceeded to tell me that if I had brought it in as soon as they called me a week ago this could have been avoided.(In other words it was my fault)I asked the service rep what that had to do with one of their mechanics replacing a perfectly good side door body moulding after it was written which one was the problem on the work order. No response from the service rep. 2. I needed to get my air bag harness on the driver's side replaced(factory defect)
which they were going to order and told me it would take no more than 4 weeks to get.
It took over 9 weeks and a few phone calls to
find out it was never ordered from the start.
I understand things happen but at least do not give a customer an attitude for your mistakes and at least admit when you screw up.
If they did just that little bit for me after buying the truck from them I would still be their customer.

#92556 - 22/08/01 03:59 PM Re: Bad Dealership
Snarl Offline

Loc: Eau Claire, WI USA
I agree. Everybody makes mistakes, but you can easily turn a negative into a positive with some honesty and good customer service. Being in the service industry, I know how frustrating and insulting angry customers can be, but if you're honest and admit any mistakes, people usually calm down and accept your explanation.

Pocket change thoughts.

#92557 - 22/08/01 09:02 PM Re: Bad Dealership
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by SNOW-X:
A few days ago I left a post about how bad Newburgh Nissan in upstate NY was after you buy a vehicle from them. I was reminded appropriately that I gave no reasons why.
So here they are:1.took the X in to get the right rear door body moulding repaired because it was falling off. I left the truck with them and when I came back later they had replaced the wrong one. I was a little upset and then they proceeded to tell me that if I had brought it in as soon as they called me a week ago this could have been avoided.(In other words it was my fault)I asked the service rep what that had to do with one of their mechanics replacing a perfectly good side door body moulding after it was written which one was the problem on the work order. No response from the service rep. 2. I needed to get my air bag harness on the driver's side replaced(factory defect)
which they were going to order and told me it would take no more than 4 weeks to get.
It took over 9 weeks and a few phone calls to
find out it was never ordered from the start.
I understand things happen but at least do not give a customer an attitude for your mistakes and at least admit when you screw up.
If they did just that little bit for me after buying the truck from them I would still be their customer.

for NY dealerships it aint that bad
please stop bitching about them becourse
you will not get any where anyway with them
i just say learn to live with them, and you be ok

NYC dealership has got to be the worst dealerships in the whole USA

(very small example: my rear diff was leaking since day one form filler hole, i was passing by the dealership, and thought, why not ask them to tighten it, i came in dude told me no problem, give me a second please, i gave him 30 minutes and he came out with a floor jack and a ratchet. looked at my tires and ARB and gave me the DUMBEST LINE EVER :"becourse of your big tires (31x10.5) it will be leaking all the time , and becourse your "snow plower" bumper (???) you will void your waranty on everything starting from shocks ending with engine components)
I sad, thank you, have a nice fucking life, go continue suck on your candy , and stoped in the local shop, who did it with in seconds and its all good wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal