2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93116 - 12/09/01 08:50 PM EOE business?
neil Offline

Loc: LA,CA
after defending eoe on this board, i also recommended them to a friend and fellow xterra owner. he was interested in some suspension parts i talked up and down about. in all, he wanted to get rock sliders, shocks, aal's and some other stuff...

i asked him why he didn't install it yet and its because he hasn't heard from them for something like 3 weeks! he didn't even get a chance to order. now i know people went to gox, but jeez it's a business isn't it? he's a nice guy and wasn't upset or anything but i felt a little embarassed for recommending it.

i'm going with him to 4x4parts wholesalers this weekend. i would recommend calmini but i think at this point, we need to just hit a real store :rolleyes: anyway, sometimes the net is slower than the store i guess

#93117 - 12/09/01 08:57 PM Re: EOE business?
gothamist Offline

Loc: Virginia
Being a friend of Todd's (and having a huge personal debt to him for all the work he's done on my truck), I'm hardly an impartial party here...but nonetheless...I can assure you, Todd and EOE don't want to turn away business, nor piss off their potential customers. I don't know what contingency plans were in place to communicate with customers while at GOX, but I suspect that was the problem...

Hope it works out for your friend one way or another.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that every aftermarket supplier has horror stories and dedicated fans--I know I've had terrible dealings with SLR and KMA, and excellent dealings with National Wheel & Tire, Skid-Row, and EOE. (And lots of other places fall somewhere in the middle.) Other people have obviously had different experiences...

#93118 - 12/09/01 09:55 PM Re: EOE business?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Todd was gone for almost 2 weeks, so you should expect delays, or problems contacting them.

Have fun at 4x4parts, since they stock nothing for an Xterra. They also like to mock people who aren't driving a Jeep/Ford/Chevy.

#93119 - 12/09/01 09:55 PM Re: EOE business?
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
I ordered mine on Aug. 13th. I paided with paypal on the 16th. I still don't have them.
On the 29th I got this from EOE:

They are leaving tomorrow, we have been getting ready to head to Colorado
for GOX and ship out all pending orders at the same time so it has been
hectic for sure. Sorry for the delay.

--Todd

Then on Sept. 1st I got this from EOE:

We regret to let you know we were not able to box and ship your order before
we left for GOX. We can refund your money or if you are willing to wait
until we return the week of Sept 10th we will make it up to you with some
special pricing on other products...whether you order them now or in the
future.

Thank you for your patience,
Todd
Todd got paid and I don't have my sliders. It's been a month! It's been long enough and I don't see them coming this week. frown

#93120 - 12/09/01 10:07 PM Re: EOE business?
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I just ordered a set of his heavy duty tie-rod ends today. No problems with EOE. Todd got me my sliderz in less then two weeks.

-Rick

#93121 - 13/09/01 03:49 AM Re: EOE business?
neil Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Todd was gone for almost 2 weeks, so you should expect delays, or problems contacting them.

Have fun at 4x4parts, since they stock nothing for an Xterra. They also like to mock people who aren't driving a Jeep/Ford/Chevy.

i have 2 stores close by and they are really cool and helpful. they also are more than happy to order stuff they dont have in stock. anyway, we are going to get "generic" 4x4 stuff- recovery straps, etc.- browse the winches to see what thats all about...but you're right, not too much nissan stuff.

btw, i think this was well before gox that he contacted them.

#93122 - 13/09/01 06:40 AM Re: EOE business?
Griffin2020 Offline

Loc: D/FW Metroplex, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

The 4X4 Parts down the street from me here is awesome. One of the workers drives a white 4X4, suspension lift, body lift, looks like 35's....is a sweet rig. They DO NOT mock us, they know some about the Xterra, but they still do not stock many Nissan parts. I got them to quote me on a suspension lift, anf it was for a Frontier 4X2....so I personally would not go with it...but to each their own.

Anyway, I am Extremely pleased with them. They are a good place to get lights and basic 4X stuff.

#93123 - 13/09/01 06:54 AM Re: EOE business?
stormy Offline

I will say this: I feel that Todd has tried to keep me happy by extending discounts, and aplogies for the delays. I hate to wait for things I have paid for, but his products are worth the wait. He gave me the option to cancel my order but I didn't. Here is todays email from him...

I appreciate your patience, they are shipping today and I will send you the
tracking number tonight. Thanks again and please let me know when you are
looking for ANY 4x4 parts and i will offer you the best pricing possible.

Thanks,
Todd

Even with the delays, I'd still buy from him again.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: stormy ]

#93124 - 13/09/01 08:32 AM Re: EOE business?
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:
I will say this: I feel that Todd has tried to keep me happy by extending discounts, and aplogies for the delays. I hate to wait for things I have paid for, but his products are worth the wait. He gave me the option to cancel my order but I didn't. Here is todays email from him...

I appreciate your patience, they are shipping today and I will send you the
tracking number tonight. Thanks again and please let me know when you are
looking for ANY 4x4 parts and i will offer you the best pricing possible.

Thanks,
Todd

[b]Even with the delays, I'd still buy from him again.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: stormy ][/b]

The rush before GOX was amazing, we had so many orders that a few had to be delayed until after GOX. Like you said I offered discounts on future orders to make up for the delay and appreciate your patience. I honestly have not worked/maintenance on my truck in several months and spent three days/nights(sometimes till 5am) with the help of local X owners/friends to prepare my truck for GOX...belive me we forced two weeks worth of work into three days so I could concentrate on getting orders out. Neil why not give me the name of the person(you can e-mail me privately at EOE) so I can figure out what you are talking about? We shipped about 2 dozen add aleaf orders last month alone alone, those who have my sliders can attest for the packaging of their order as I bet it takes over 15 minutes just to unwrap them...we take great care to ensure your shipment is not damaged in transit.
We are a small company and appreciate the business from everyone but please understand we get on average 50-100 e-mails per week and sometimes an e-mail slips through that we have not answered....if you have not heard from us in a few days give me a call at 973-769-0574. A new website is being created as we speak and there will be lots of new products, a must easier site to navigate, new features and several ways listed to contact us. Again please be patient, we are building quality products for your trucks and this process takes time...but talk to anyone that has products from us and they are all very glad they chose EOE.

Thank you

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: FSRBIKER ]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#93125 - 13/09/01 08:46 AM Re: EOE business?
neil Offline

i'll tell him to try you again today. he's not big on websurfing, so i thought maybe he got confused on your site but your site does suck eek
just teasing (a little!)-- thanks for the explaination, i'll pass it along.

#93126 - 13/09/01 08:54 AM Re: EOE business?
FSRBIKER Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by neil:
i'll tell him to try you again today. he's not big on websurfing, so i thought maybe he got confused on your site but your site does suck eek
just teasing (a little!)-- thanks for the explaination, i'll pass it along.

Thanks Neil...the site does suck, my partner designed it and I never liked it from day one. The new site will be much better(he has no input on the new design) and be a good place for install tips, news, photos of products in action, etc as well as a place to find all the products you might want.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#93127 - 13/09/01 10:08 AM Re: EOE business?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Will there be any scantily-clad women in christmas outfits on the new site in a couple of months?

laugh
Brent - I hope not

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#93128 - 13/09/01 12:27 PM Re: EOE business?
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Will there be any scantily-clad women in christmas outfits on the new site in a couple of months?

laugh
Brent - I hope not

Nope, just the pics of Kuuipo that you asked for over and over.

#93129 - 13/09/01 01:58 PM Re: EOE business?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Um, if you recall, I never asked for any scantily-clad images of her on this board, and it was never my intent to get her to post any here either. I just wanted (and have yet to see) some clear everyday images of her, which is what I was asking for in the original thread she posted with the pic of her and Jackel all windblown at the racetrack, long before there was any "racy" talk. I have never encouraged her posting anything racy on the board.

Nice try,
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#93130 - 13/09/01 07:04 PM Re: EOE business?
jura Offline

Loc: Worcester, MA
due to the praise EOE has been receiving, Todd, I just sent you an email with shipping/billing address info, please call me for my CC# when you have a minute, I'd like to order a apir of SLiderz asap smile

Thanks!!

#93131 - 13/09/01 09:47 PM Re: EOE business?
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
I did my weekly Thursday visit to EOE today...while I was about to leave, Todd was packaging up a pair of sliderz to ship...I was running late for work so I was unable to help him..with 2 people they take a little less than an hour to package...with 1, I can only imagine!!!

He was telling me about the new website..Can't wait for it to get launched.

Keep up the good work EOE!!!!!!

#93132 - 14/09/01 06:01 AM Re: EOE business?
stormy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jura:
please call me for my CC# when you have a minute, I'd like to order a apir of SLiderz asap smile

Thanks!!

Do yourself a favor, set up a paypal account. I think Todd only except that type of payment.

#93133 - 14/09/01 09:47 AM Re: EOE business?
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Quote:
Originally posted by jura:
due to the praise EOE has been receiving, Todd, I just sent you an email with shipping/billing address info, please call me for my CC# when you have a minute, I'd like to order a apir of SLiderz asap smile

Thanks!!

Get in line, I sent my request in last Saturday and still have not heard a thing.

#93134 - 14/09/01 10:43 AM Re: EOE business?
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I moved this to the dealership area. it's not really ALR territory, but I don't think it belongs in parts and Accessories either.

#93135 - 17/09/01 05:57 AM Re: EOE business?
Guy Offline

Dealerships? Can't even order Sliderz from these guys... has anyone had any success ordering an entire Xterra? Do they have any 2002's on the lot? laugh
Can't believe this was buried under Dealership. Proof positive that EOE does have a band of loyal followers, no bout adoubt it.

#93136 - 17/09/01 07:33 AM Re: EOE business?
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by matt peckham:
I moved this to the dealership area. it's not really ALR territory, but I don't think it belongs in parts and Accessories either.

Matt : why would you move this thread in to the dealership thread ?

#93137 - 17/09/01 09:20 AM Re: EOE business?
neil Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by matt peckham:

oh, man- i thought my thread was deleted, i got pissed. sorry about that.
well, i guess youre right- alr isnt the right place for it....i guess we actually have 2 eoe threads going now. one here and the other in the parts and accessories. if it isnt confusing, maybe combine the 2 in parts and accessories?

#93138 - 17/09/01 11:10 AM Re: EOE business?
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I feel that most of the problems with EOE are customer service gripes, and I feel that is better served in the dealerships section. you don't yell at the guys in Smyrna when the dealer lies to you, so why would you complain in Problems and annoyances when the parts dept is out of stock?

I think this forum should be renamed something like Dealer issues, Nissan and other.

I dunno. any suggestions? I brought up this topic long ago.

#93139 - 17/09/01 11:37 AM Re: EOE business?
Guy Offline

Or maybe our threads could have gone under General since that is suppose to pertain to Xterra posts which are not covered elsewhere. It really does not belong in Dealerships though as the forum is designed today. Just look at previous posts there.

#93140 - 17/09/01 11:42 AM Re: EOE business?
FSRBIKER Offline

Here is my contact number again, 973-769-0574. I have posted this a few times but maybe it has been missed, the new site is coming SOON, this number will be listed there but this is one more piece of the puzzle on why we have been a little behind. I have always hated the old site so I have dedicated some of my time to get the new site up as soon as possible. The new one is MUCH, MUCH better with lots more info, easier to navigate, more pictures of products especially on the trail shots, tips, etc. As far as Rock slider shipments they have been shipping steadily for the past 3 months, this has taken much of my time and I now have some additional help to let me get back to doing more R&D on in development products. I should finish getting back to everyone by the end of the day(night) so again please be patient, if you have already e-mailed me and DON'T hear from me by tonight then please call me tomorrow.
EOE...Opening Soon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal