2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93249 - 05/11/01 08:55 AM Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
goldberg Offline

Loc: titusville, fl
I had my '00 X seviced at Fischer Nissan collision center for some warrenty paint work (rust and fish eyes). When I picked up the X there was a 6" grind, scratch, whatever through the pain down to the metal on the passenger side rear pillar next to the rear hatch. This area is in intimate contact with the area they repaired, and it looks as though someone got a little careless with the buffer and removed some paint. However the service personel insisted that the scratch was there when I dropped the X off, and she prceeded to call me a "liar" in fron of my wife and daughter. finally the Collisions manager showed up and agreed to fix the damage. A month later I took the X in and the work was complete. About a week later I received a Customer Service Evaluation in the mail, I filled it out and let Fischer Nissan know how little I though of there collision center. Well I though it was all over. I called this morning to schedule and appoinment to get my gauges fixed. I was told point blank by the Service Manger, Max, that they would not service my X, and that I would have to take my X else where. I contacted Nissan NA, of course they won't do anything and I also contacted the SE Regional Service Manager for Nissan (waiting for his call now).
Anyone else I can call?
I think Nissan should have more control over their dealers, especially when they exhibit such poor customer service.

#93250 - 05/11/01 01:07 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
Gator Saver Offline

Loc: Lakeland, FL
Is this in Titusville?
Sound like your out of luck. If they had a dealer decal on your truck you could always go to Office Depot and buy Lettering to put on your truck. "logo (Fischer Nissan) Sucks"
What about having your wife take it in for servicing. I will think of some more later. Good luck.
Member number #112 Aug. 20, 2000

#93251 - 05/11/01 02:49 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
Rumpy Offline

Loc: Bayside, NY
yeah I feel your pain. My sister bought a Chevy (yuck) once. She was going to purchase it a dealership A until dealership B gave her a better price. She gave dealership A a chance to match the price which they refused. Months later she brings the car into dealer A for some service. After they take the car in, they wait a day and then refuse to fix the problem. Their reasoning? They did not want to work on the car because she bought it somewhere else and thier feelings were slighted. I called the GM corporate folks to complain (after having a friendly cursing match with the owner right on the sales floor in front of multplie potential customer smile ) and they said the dealerships are indivually owned and they have no control over them. I think if you put your name on something you should have control over it but I guess that is just the way car dealerships are set up.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your problems.

#93252 - 05/11/01 05:29 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
just to let you know....usually when someone complains about a dealership, the dealership gets a printed out copy of who it is a what the problem was. This should be utilized for the dealer to try to correct the customers unhappyness, but instead it can be used to get back at the customer. Oh well crappy dealers suck,
John

#93253 - 06/11/01 11:57 AM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
kook Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Call the BBB and several others like it. I know there's a web site version of the BBB that displays all rotten dealers in the US. Look in to it.
Kook!

#93254 - 01/12/01 06:44 AM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
DaveHilliard Offline

Loc: London On Canada
Do you have anything in writing from these guys? If so, you can picket the place (stay on the public sidewalk in front of the dealership) and hand out copies of the correspondence to potential customers. Ask the customers if they really want to buy a vehicle from a dealer that behaves this way. Make sure what you say is truthful - don't lie or exagerate about anything. Then see what the dearler does.

Good luck.

Dave

#93255 - 02/12/01 12:13 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
WannaBe Offline

Loc: Sioux Falls, SD
I had the same problem with Nissan NA dealing with Walser Nissan in Minnaepolis MN. Got some BS form letter back in my email from them saying they were sorry for the poor service. I feel the same way you do.

Good luck with your X. I hope everything works out for you.

#93256 - 03/01/02 02:54 AM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Back when I had my Ram I had some items stolen out of it the one time I dropped it off at the dealership... well actually it was towed. I usually hang around outside the garage area while they are working on it just to detour sticky finger syndrome. So a month after the incident I called for an appointment to have some other work done and informed them I would be waiting with it due to the incidents that occurred there last time. I was told by the service adviser that since I “ didn't have a comfort level with their dealership maybe I should go somewhere else” and I did I test-drove an Xterra a couple weeks later! Hehe I have written twice to the dealership regarding to two incident and have received no word back.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#93257 - 03/01/02 04:59 AM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
Wreckerboy Offline

Loc: New Jersey
A hint for dealing with a bad dealer -

Dealerships live and die on a little thing called "CSI" - Customer Satisfaction Index. This ranking is used by the manufacturers to reward good dealers and punish bad ones. how do they do this? The only way a dealer understands - financially. How do you take advantage of this? When you get those little follow up cards from the dealer after a service, fill it out and send it back. Be honest - if the service was good, say so. If the service sucked the big one, let 'em have it.

I have roasted an Infinity dealer in Greensboro, NC and thanked a Mazda dealer in Charlotte, NC. The VW dealer in Amityville, NY still hates me, but that's what they deserved after they screwed my car up so badly that I had to sell the POS.

After the difficulties I experienced buying my truck, I made a point of calling Nissan to praise the one dealer who was helpful beyond the cause (and they didn't even sell me the silly truck!).

Don't let the dealer take you for a ride - make sure they write down ALL of your complaints when you bring the vehicle in. And remember, if they are good, tell Nissan.

#93258 - 03/01/02 07:46 AM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
BennyLen Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
I haven't tried Fisher yet. Before my warranty ran out I let Sutherlin on Merritt Island do all my oil changes and stuff. Of the 5 or 6 times I was there I only had one really good service. The rest of the time there was always something wrong. Nothing with the truck, just bad attitudes of the people. Oh they did refuse to do the repainting of the rust under the rear and the repainting of my step rails. They called the peeling of the paint "superficial corrosion" and refused to fix it. I figured I was getting new rails soon so I didn't complain too much. Every evaluation I always filled out on the low end in some areas. I always would get calls to try and discuss the problems. I never returned them.

I do all my oil changes myself now and when it's time for a major service I'm not sure who I want to take it back to.

By the way, when I bought my X 2 years ago, neither Fisher or Sutherlin (or Excel in Melbourne) wanted to work with me to buy a truck. I ended up buying from Classic in Orlando.

#93259 - 04/01/02 06:50 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
RabidRaider Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
Benny, do you live in CC or just work there? I'm pretty close to you in Palm Bay, mabe a couple of beers are in order.

#93260 - 07/01/02 06:39 AM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
BennyLen Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
I live in Cape Canaveral, and work at KSC. I would love to get together for some beers sometime...Maybe this weekend?

#93261 - 29/01/02 11:00 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
jwp32750 Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Just recently purchased a 2002 Xterra from Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood. This was my first SUV and first Nissan that I've owned. It was late in the evening, when all the paperwork was done, went through the new car review, etc. and drove off. After a couple of days of owning the vehicle, a friend had pointed out to me that there was a dent on the (R) passenger side panel, between the (RR) door and the glass, on top of that, the "Xterra" sticker was ripped. The dealership has lost their butt on the deal ($100 over invoice, $500 rebate and 4.9% financing for 60 months)-I did some homework. We decided to do the "paintless" dent removal, to avoid repainting of the damaged area. The final result didn't come out as well as I had expected. So we're going to refinish the quarter panel. The damage wasn't the dealer's fault, as this was a dealer trade from the Tampa area. Bill Ray Nissan has gone beyond the call of duty to make it right with me, though they didn't make a cent after everything is all said and done.

#93262 - 01/02/02 03:25 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Reed Nissan is a sponsor for FLXX and I am the bodyshop manager . I am not trying to "drum up" business, cause believe me, we have plenty. I'm simply letting you know that we are very Xterra friendly, especially if you let me know first that you are coming down. I will make sure that you are taken care of. smile

#93263 - 05/02/02 02:11 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
incogneato Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
I'm simply letting you know that we are very Xterra friendly, especially if you let me know first that you are coming down. I will make sure that you are taken care of. smile

I'll second that. Xterrapin is the MAN!
laugh

#93264 - 05/02/02 03:55 PM Re: Beware Fischer Nissan Central Florida
deanf Offline

Loc: N47º 06’ x W122º 22’
You saw the Sienfeld episode wherein Elaine gets a little testy with a doctor, so they make a note in her file?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal