Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92062 - 09/11/02 01:27 PM Chicagoland Dealer Search
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
Does anybody from around here know of a Nissan dealer that has a service vehicle loaner program? I live downtown and the dealership here is pretty useless and less than interested in customer service. I wouldn't mind a reasonable drive (25 miles or less) to take my truck to for its routine and any warranty issues that my occur. Thanks!

#92063 - 10/11/02 05:30 PM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
J.P. Offline

The dealer I bought my Xterra from is Arlington Nissan, Buffalo Grove. Phone: 847.590.6100 http://www.arlingtonnissan.com

I don't know if they have service loaners. I havn't had a repair that necessitated one. Their service department is very good though.

If they dont, most likely a larger Nissan dealership in a high-profile location will have service loaners. Try Woodfeild Nissan. Tel. (847) 310-1900.

Mid-City Nissan is another big one one the south-side. I see alot of Nissans on the road with their dealer badge.

Mid City Nissan
4444 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60641
Tel. (773) 282-6200
Fax (773) 282-2959

#92064 - 11/11/02 08:38 AM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
Efrain Offline

Loc: Chicago
DO NOT GO TO MID-CITY/STAR NISSAN. Their customer service is really bad. Here's some info:

http://home.earthlink.net/~stephenhogan/midcity/midcity.htm

Star Nissan is their sister dealership. The sold me a '02 Xterra with a huge scratch in the paint. I'm still trying to get them to fix it so I'll let you know if they make it right. I heard that Woodfield Nissan is one of the better dealers for customer service. Don't know if they provide loaners.

#92065 - 13/11/02 07:52 AM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
J.P. Offline

Arlington Nissan has a service loaner program.

I just made a service appointment where they need my X all day.

Talk to Mike. I believe he's the asst. service manager.

#92066 - 13/11/02 09:47 AM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
bpdA Offline

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out

#92067 - 13/11/02 09:48 AM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
bpdA Offline

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out

#92068 - 19/11/02 04:29 PM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Like I stated in the other post about Chicago dealers, I did get a loaner, but I'm not fond of Arlington. They did messy work, customer service is pretty much not there, and prices seem high. I had to practically grab the guy I was explaining the problem to to get him to listen to me. I am getting some warrenty work there this week and I plan on giving them an earful about the messy work and lack of customer service.

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#92069 - 19/11/02 05:50 PM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
broncox Offline

Loc: chicago
Guys try M'Lady in Crystal Lake. Just had some work done they did a fine job and finally found the leak in my tire that another dealer couldn't find two other times. Service seems good but they don't do loaners unless you purchased from them. I would rather rent a car for a day than take my truck back to Fair Oaks in Waukegan.

#92070 - 20/11/02 10:01 PM Re: Chicagoland Dealer Search
J.P. Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by EAP:
Like I stated in the other post about Chicago dealers, I did get a loaner, but I'm not fond of Arlington. They did messy work, customer service is pretty much not there, and prices seem high. I had to practically grab the guy I was explaining the problem to to get him to listen to me. I am getting some warrenty work there this week and I plan on giving them an earful about the messy work and lack of customer service.
What work are you having done? I'll be there this Friday. I have to have all my cab mount bushings checked and re-adjusted. They say it's an all day job, so I get to beat on one of their service loaners for a day. laugh

I did have a slight problem getting them to believe it was the cab mount bushings that was causing my problem. I even showed them the XOC threads on the subject. If they weren't going to listen, I figured I'd let them diagnose the problem the hard way. No point in getting worked up over it. cool

The service manager and technician gave me a bit more respect after they wasted 4 hours checking every little thing, taking a ride with me in the drivers seat & a technician, and coming to the same conclusion as the XOC thread. 4 hours of wasted time vs 5 min to listen to the customer? I guess I had to prove that I was mechanically inclined, did some good research on the problem, and that I'm not moron. [Finger]

Also they did take 3 weeks to get a rear cupholder assembly to fix a broken one that I discovered before signing the final delivery papers. The parts manager apologized over and over again. He gave me 25% off some accessories I bought that day to compensate. laugh

Maybe they just have not really tried to screw with me yet. Who knows.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal