Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92831 - 14/01/03 07:33 PM Denver area dealership experiences...
gr0mit Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Just some quick notes regarding my experiences with dealerships in the Denver area in getting my X serviced-

Empire-Lakewood:
Bought the truck from them- I got ripped on my trade in, which was a result of my lack of knowledge regarding the sales process, and therefore my fault entirely. I was happy at the initial sale, as they went through the entire truck with me, how it worked, etc. Service department is horrible however. I have had the X in with them to have the stereo replaced, which they never bothered to call me to tell me the replacement was in, I ended up having to call and ask them where the part was, as well as never got my CD that was stuck in the original unit back. They got it eventually (after yet more calls), but told me that I would have to drive across town to get it myself from their service department. They also incorrectly installed a replacement window regulator, forcing me to have it replaced at another dealership later-on, as well as made me leave the truck for a half day to replace a burnt-out rheostat for the dashboard lights.

John Elway:
This is the dealer I went to after the window regulator failed again, and while greeted warmly, my experience with them quickly turned sour. I brought the truck into them to have the regulator replaced, which they diagnosed as having failed because of improper installation by the prior techs at Empire, and to have the valve cover replaced so that I wouldn't keep on having the oil cap come loose. Well, they asked me to leave the truck with them for a few days to have the work done when the parts showed up. No problem there- I didn't end up hearing from them for a week or so, and decided to call them to see what was going on. I call, and they tell me that they've got the parts and they've been waiting for me to bring the truck in to have it serviced. I kindly ask the service writer to look outside, and to his right and he'll see the truck parked in the service lot, where it's been for the last week. Needless to say, the work was done ASAP, and I had them drive the truck to my work when it was finished. Never got an explanation or apology for it however.

Tynan's:
I ended up here after my latest warranty testing escapade with the X, when my throw bearing in my clutch took a header. I called up Elway, asking the service writer if they'd take it in to look at it for warranty repair, and he refused to even look at it under warranty saying that in no way was the part defective or prematurely worn, and it was considered a "wear item", therefore nothing would be covered, sight unseen. Hmm. With the encouragement of some of you ppl, I talked to a friendly service writer at Tyanan's who was more than helpful in scheduling to have my truck brought in and looked at (free of charge), rode with me to hear the noise, and took the time to listen to my concerns. They diagnosed it as a bad throw bearing and promptly fixed it under warranty, no questions asked. The only real complaints that I had regarding this episode was that when I called the next day to check how things were going, the writer the answered the phone told me parts were on back-order and it would take a few days to complete. Okay, well, that's kind of a pain but....an hour or so later, the tech calls me to tell me my truck is done and I could pick it up. WTF? Anyways, truck's done, I ask about a ride to the dealership and am given a SOB story about how there's only one guy driving the courtesy shuttle, and he's on lunch, blah, blah, blah. Okay, fine, whatever. Truck's fixed under warranty, and with little histrionics. Yay- I guess...

Peak-
Dunno about these guys, they're new aren't they? Maybe someone else can fill me/us in about them.

Sorry about the rant, hope this is in some way helpful or at least entertaining to someone out there.

-gr0mit

#92832 - 14/01/03 11:03 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Tynan's rules.

Make sure Allen always works on your Xterra, and Byron helps you with parts.

Mention Xterra Owners Club and "Ian sent me" and you'll be fine.

Any problems, talk to Casey Tynan, he owes me after making our dog sick at our Halloween party smile

#92833 - 15/01/03 06:27 AM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
gr0mit Offline

Yeah, Tyanan's definately seems to be the best out of all that I've been to so far, and I guess having seen the XOC sticker at the service counter should have been a clue. It's just a pain being as that they're also the farthest away from me. Oh well, ya gotta give something to get quality I guess.

#92834 - 15/01/03 05:44 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
I also had a very negative experience with Empire concerning trade-ins, but I have actually had good experiences with their service department and they are only 10 mins away from me.

My 30k service is rapidly approaching, but I don't want to drive to Aurora to get it done.

Maybe I will try Peak, they aren't that far away.

#92835 - 16/01/03 09:38 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
XtremeFlyer Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
20% off your 30k service is worth the drive.. you should have also just gotten a coupon in the mail that gives you a free rental during your 30/60/90k service

#92836 - 24/01/03 01:45 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
Turtle Offline

I wouldn't go near Peak (used to be called Broadway Nissan). Nothing but trouble with them when I had warranty issues (but isn't that always the case?). Plus they have inflated prices for servicing.

I've recently switched to John Elway, nothing to complain about so far, but I don't blame you grOmit for being pissed about your situation. But there 30K service is cheaper than Peak. There is an associate service manager named Todd there (hope he's not the one you dealt with grOmit!). I questioned him on many of the issues regarding the 30K service and what was actually required versus what is suggested. Very helpful, saved a few hundred on non-sense items (ones in particular Peak suggested I do). Don't remember them off hand, if you want, I can dig for my notes. I think they suggested getting your bearings repacked, I would suggest not doing this to at least 60K or longer..unless your muddin'. I wouldn't suggest buying from Elway though, that no haggle pricing is crap, you should never pay more than 3% over invoice, Elway's is like 6% (pretty much close to MSRP!).

My warranty is up so I imagine I will be performing more of the service items myself (have a garage now, makes it a bit more easier to do).

#92837 - 12/06/03 12:48 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
RckyMtnHi Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CO
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Tynan's rules.

Any problems, talk to Casey Tynan, he owes me after making our dog sick at our Halloween party smile
I just met Casey when I was in there to buy my X. He gave me a great deal since my Finace went to High School with him. I just had it in yesterday to have the brakes looked at and an alignment done. When my fiance went in to pick it up she asked if Casey was there just to say hello and he gave her an $20 off.

#92838 - 09/07/03 01:35 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bought my X from Empire. Doug helped me, seemed to be really nice - however the next day my breaklight went out. I hope I didnt get screwed.
Any of you here from Denver going on that trip at the end of the month?

#92839 - 09/07/03 10:32 PM Re: Denver area dealership experiences...
Anonymous
Unregistered

got my X from empire in lakewood and they treated me right. i had to take it to get serviced because my front drivers side window needed had a faulty regulator and when i bought it the salesman (Mario) told me it needed the wheels aligned and to bring it in. so i did and they did the window and alignment that was under my remaining 3 yr warranty. got my truck back at the time i was supposed to. no complaints here smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal