Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94213 - 13/11/04 01:57 PM Cerritos Nissan
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
In September, I was involved in a fairly serious collision.

Here's the link to the thread about it: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008333

Anyways, it's been almost two months now, and the Nissan collision center that's "repairing" it still has it. They've JUST begun installing the new driveshaft. Yes, it took them two fucking months to reweld one suspension part and replace a door. Of course, since they left the important drivetrain parts for the end, they're coming up with all kinds of problems they should have found earlier. As of right now, they still need to order transfer case parts and God knows how long that's going to take.

The other party's insurance (the party at fault) has refused to pay anymore of my rental car, and I have to pay over 600 (and that's only as of today) for a god damn rental because the shop is taking their god damn time.

Trying to talk to anyone at the dealer is just bullshit, so can anyone recommend numbers that'll get me higher up in the Nissan ladder? I mean someone who can in turn contact them and get them to hurry the fuck up. This is ridiculous.

#94214 - 13/11/04 08:19 PM Re: Cerritos Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

The body shop portion of the dealership isn't any part of Nissan. Nissan isn't a body repair business, they're a vehicle manufacturer.

You can take the dealership to small claims court, and see how far that will get you. You may also attempt to take the other parties insurance company to small claims court as well, to get them to pay for the extra days of rental. Especially if it wasn't your fault.

Did they give you a time frame in writing? Calling the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint may shake the limbs of the tree. See what falls out then.

#94215 - 14/11/04 01:48 AM Re: Cerritos Nissan
ClaptoVaughn Offline

We've convinced the other party's insurance to start paying for the rest of the rental fee. However, they sent me a letter than told me it was only going to be part of it. I don't think I should have to pay for anything, as stubborn as that sounds to some people.

It's the bullshit that the shop has given me that gets to me the most. They told me right from the beginning, the damage to the drivetrain and potential damage to the frame would determine whether or not the vehicle would be considered a complete loss. YET they decided to fix the body panels/paint first (which took over a month)? They obviously wanted to make sure they would get some money out of it if by chance it were totalled.

To top it off, when they finally install the newly ordered parts that's another couple of days that it'll take for the other party's insurance to send the check to me. I'm already hundreds of dollars in the hole to pay off the rental (until I settle it with the other party) so I can't even pay for the extra repair costs myself. That of course means more rental fees while I'm waiting for the additional check just to pay for the repair.

#94216 - 29/11/04 06:38 PM Re: Cerritos Nissan
terrano Offline

Loc: New México
I am sorry it is taking so long to get your vehicle repaired. Something is amiss at the body shop.

That being said, you should be going after the insurance company for relief and not the body shop. If the person that hit you was at fault, their insurance should cover you fully. You may have to get an attorney if they are uncooperative.

You may also have the basis for a diminished value claim. Simply stated, your Xterra is worth less after being wrecked and repaired, than it would be worth if it were never wrecked. Sometimes the mention of a dimished value claim can put an insurance company on the right path, and they will stop fighting you on the rental car and other small stuff. Again, it may be worthwhile to at least talk to an attorney, or someone who does not represent the insurance company. :rolleyes:

#94217 - 29/11/04 07:20 PM Re: Cerritos Nissan
ClaptoVaughn Offline

We had an attorney from day one, and so far she's convinced the other party's insurance to pay for PART of the rental fee that's gone over their limit. I took the other party's insurance's actions as just another shady tactic to avoid paying for shit.

My attorney told me that until we get the Xterra fixed and at my house, and the rental fees completely calculated, she can't do much else.

The diminished value claim is a good idea. My Xterra's repair bill is at least over 5,000 now. It's fucking ridiculous. The part that erritates me the most is the drivetrain components needed. First it was the driveshaft, now it's some rings and gears in the transfer case.

#94218 - 07/12/04 03:05 PM Re: Cerritos Nissan
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Well, after having to order part after part after part, the drivetrain is done. They finished the drivetrain up yesterday (Monday). They said all they had to do was reintall the torsion bars and put on the new tire.

Called today, well I'll be damned they said it'll be ready tomorrow. Jesus Christ.

Should I be suspicious? I mean come on, even half-assed shops can't be this slow. They also said they haven't reinstalled the e-brake line.

Three months and counting. Do not go to Cerritos Nissan.

#94219 - 08/12/04 01:40 PM Re: Cerritos Nissan
JSRAIDER Offline

You should try Garden Grove Nissan some time. So far they have been pretty good with the regular service and TSB's. But of course that is minor stuff compared to what you had done. If you are ever looking for a good automotive repair shop (not Nissan) I would highly recommend Bob's Automotive here in Garden Grove, CA. They are the only shop I know that will actually call you and give you the heads up on the what/when/how much questions, "they are very responsive."

#94220 - 09/12/04 02:51 PM Re: Cerritos Nissan
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Thanks for the info. All I know is I'll never go to Cerritos Nissan again.

Today they told me they just found out the axle housing might be bent. Nice.

I wonder how long until my Xterra's street value has gone lower than the cost to repair.

#94221 - 31/12/04 08:28 AM Re: Cerritos Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would get in touch with YOUR insurance agent and have him/her get on the other person's insurance agent's ass about the rental car. That's part of the premium you pay for insurance, is to have your agent do the legwork for you. Just a thought for next time - which hopefully there won't be! smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal