2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92216 - 16/11/05 12:04 PM F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
My truck is in damn near perfect condition. I have bit the bullet for all regular services and maintenence and done the oil change every 3,500 miles or so. There is no one that is more anal retentive with their vehicle than I am.

So I pull into my parking lot at work yesterday and there was smoke coming up from the right side of the hood over by the vent. I pop the hood and see it coming from back around the tranny fluid dipstick. I look underneath and sure enough it was tranny fluid.

So I took it to the dealer this morning just to check and make sure it wasn't the front tranny seal. He comes back after the 45minutes and tells me that the fluid is coming from the breather tube because the fluid is overfilled. He then said that he looked and since they didn't do my last transmission flush they would have to charge me to do it: $54.00

He then tells me to go to the dealer that I did the trans service at and they should take care of it. So I head over to the other dealer and they tell me that my transmission was serviced 18,000 miles ago and if it was overfilled then it would have started seaping at the time. And since it's been so long they are not responsible.

They then said that it was probably topped off or overfilled at the dealer that did my last oil change. Guess who that was? Dealer number 1 !

So aparently no one is responsible for overfilling my tranny fluid. Santa Claus must have come to my house, opened my hood in the middle of the night, overfilled my transmission fluid and he's sitting in his house right now laughing his ass off that I have to pay someone $50 to flush my transmission.

I realize that that half hour is cutting into dealer profits, but why is it that NO ONE EVER STEPS UP and takes responsibility for anything EVER. I felt like I was talking to my kids going back and forth from dealer to dealer.

NOT ME.
NOT ME.
NOT ME.

This Not Me person seems to screw up more crap than anyone realizes.

#92217 - 16/11/05 02:15 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

because its a dealership and dealerships are perfect and always right :rolleyes: i've been lucky, i had an issue once with a SES light on, it was a tube or something (i dont even remember) that got disconected that triggered the light, the service manager asked if it could be the shackle (calmini) on the back, that since i lifted it an 1.5", it might have popped the tube off, i said no, its only an inch, he said alright no problem and took care of it, so..i got lucky that the service manager is cool at the dealer i got my truck from, but thats BS from your dealer, poor customer service, to keep sending you back and forth between dealers seems very unproffesional, they should just step up, take care of the problem and send you on your way

#92218 - 16/11/05 03:23 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, that sucks. Dealerships in Southern California just seem to suck all around, and the concept of personal responsibility just seems to be gone in our society these days.

I've pretty much lost all faith in the abilities of the local dealerships and have been waiting until I visit Denver next week to have my transmission serviced by Cyclemut at the dealership he works at.

Its funny, the best service I've ever received at a Nissan place is over the phone to a place three states away.

#92219 - 16/11/05 08:42 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll second the shitty dealers in socal. They cant seem to do anything right unless they can soak you for a few grand. Had an o2 sensor get wet and instead of saying it was a bad o2 sensor/wet o2 sensor the whole lower wireing harness was "bad" and needed to be replaced for 1800. BS.

Allen at tynians is great and I will more than likely have my 105k mile service done there. I just have to make sure allens not going to be cooking for himself in the days before hand.

Localy I'm pretty lucky as the dealer here is actualy pretty damn good.

#92220 - 16/11/05 08:47 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Try Tucson where there are only two Nissan Dealers who BOTH suck!!! Those Bastards!!! [Finger]

#92221 - 17/11/05 10:00 AM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wasn't Mossy was it?

#92222 - 17/11/05 10:34 AM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
socalpunx Offline

No.

Dealer #1 was Douglas in Huntington Beach [ThumbsUp] and dealer #2 was Connell in Costa Mesa [ThumbsDown] .

I went back to Douglas this morning and they flushed and replaced my tranny fluid. The guy ended up being pretty cool when I told him what Connell said and was surprised that they sent me away.

So we're good to go!

#92223 - 17/11/05 12:34 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel ya man, I'm getting a runaround now myself. I have a tranny problem. It grinds (highly audible)when cold and shifts rought (with no grind) when warmed up. Local dealer says they "cannot replicate the problem). After all that they come back and say it's going to be $92 for inspection.

I alsmost boiled there. What the hell? There's a problem, it's obviously there, you are not willing to do much about it. The service tech was an asshole and did not even wanna talk to me or ride with me to show the problem.

Now my truck is sitting at another dealer. We'll see what they say. Meanwhile I'm driving a POS '05 Toyota Corolla.

#92224 - 17/11/05 07:49 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
Quote:
Meanwhile I'm driving a POS '05 Toyota Corolla.
DAMN Bro... what up . smile . can you fit into that CAR>?

i would like to see that....

LATER [Wave] [Wave]
BOOM

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#92225 - 18/11/05 04:35 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BOOM:
Quote:
Meanwhile I'm driving a POS '05 Toyota Corolla.
DAMN Bro... what up . smile . can you fit into that CAR>?

i would like to see that....

LATER [Wave] [Wave]
BOOM
Yeah Chad, it feels like a damn gokart on wheels... I want my truck back.

Service advisor called me back today and say they did see the problem but yet unable to determine what the problem is. Most likely they will only know by Monday.

#92226 - 18/11/05 04:47 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
dezurtrat Offline

Damn sorry to hear about those tranny problems as they can be expensive to fix!!! frown

#92227 - 18/11/05 05:55 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
Damn sorry to hear about those tranny problems (
Which brings to mind a story about some friends and I at a strip bar in San Felepe one drunken spring break many years ago...

Lesson learned on the trip: If there's an apple there's a bananna. laugh

#92228 - 18/11/05 06:02 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
dezurtrat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
[b]Damn sorry to hear about those tranny problems (
Which brings to mind a story about some friends and I at a strip bar in San Felepe one drunken spring break many years ago...

Lesson learned on the trip: If there's an apple there's a bananna. laugh [/b]
I hate it when that happens!!!! laugh

#92229 - 19/11/05 03:38 PM Re: F$%king Dealers are pissing me off
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know how you feel completely, I had a similar issue with the blame game.

"Pass the buck, it's the American way"... Should be an f'in bumper sticker available at the dealers..

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal