2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93370 - 24/01/06 09:20 AM Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
GrayHam Offline

I went to Maxwell to have my oil changed and have my inspection done.

I dropped it off over lunch, and told them I'd wait on it.

So, as I'm wandering the lot, looking over the latest and greatest from Nissan, the service advisor comes out to me to let me know it might be an extra fifteen minutes to get the inspection done.

No problem; busy time of day. Fine.

Also, he tells me, the sevice tech told him my air cleaner was dirty and needs to be replaced.

I smiled at him and asked, "Really? The K&N airfilter I installed three weeks ago is already done? The brand-new, outta-the-box, million-mile air filter is dirty already? Your guy is sure about that?"

He just looked at his paper, crossed through the "air filter" on his list, said my truck would be done soon, and walked away . . .

I hate dealing with Town North. Too bad they're the only ones so close to work.

#93371 - 24/01/06 11:21 AM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
They shouldn't be messin' with the devil. wink

(That's an inside joke, you'd have to have read a certain other thread to get it.)

Seriously, what jackasses. That's what I hate about all these service places like Jiffy-lube and such, I haven't used them in years but you can always tell they're following a script. They must think people are complete idiots.

Edited to add: Back when I had a '93 Saturn, I brought it in and planned to wait. They said it would be longer than expected, so I called my staff assistant to let her know I'd be later than I thought. The service advisor comes up and is talking with the receptionist where I'm using the phone. The SA must have figured I wasn't listening since I was on the phone, and tells the receptionist, "I hate it since they put us on commission."

When I got off the phone, the SA tried to push a cartload of crap services I knew I didn't need. Told her to just do what I came for, thanks. mad

#93372 - 25/01/06 07:04 AM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

We bought my wife's Murano from Maxwell I believe...that's the one up in the Round Rock area right on freeway isn't it?

It was a much more pleasant buying experience than when I bought my X from Tom Peacock in Houston. We dealt with the sales manager and he didn't play all the games. Of course, sales is completely separate from service.

brad cook

#93373 - 25/01/06 07:15 AM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DigMe:
We bought my wife's Murano from Maxwell I believe...that's the one up in the Round Rock area right on freeway isn't it?
There are at least two Maxwell Nissans in the greater Austin area: Maxwell Town North Nissan, on Research at Burnet, and Maxwell Round Rock Nissan (the one where you bought the Murano, and I bought my Xterra).

The Round Rock location is closer to home, but the Town North location is only a mile or two from work.

Not sure if the Maxwell family also owns South Point Nissan . . . confused

#93374 - 31/01/06 04:43 AM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought mine at Town North because the sales guy at Round Rock couldn't seem to want to find a 4WD. I found the service at Town North to be a pain. I won't go back there. They are just trying to hustle business and making it up as they go along. I go to the Round Rock one for service. Email the general managers or better yet Nyle Maxwell. I had a good conversation with him over the crap I went through. I haven't hit him up with the service issue yet. All their email addresses are first inital last name @maxwellauto.com. I would be calm and factual.

The service advisors are paid on commission. So the more they hustle up the more they are paid. Problem is they will make stuff up. One more reason I do my own maintenance.

#93375 - 31/01/06 07:20 AM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra4me:
One more reason I do my own maintenance.
Can't argue with that. I shouldn't be so lazy about the oil changes; I have a nice big garage to do that stuff in. I just don't.

The state inspection, on the other hand . . . laugh

#93376 - 16/02/06 09:13 PM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone in the Austin area used South Point Nissan's Service Department? I have the fun squeaky belt noise upon acceleration and I plan to take it in next week...Round Rock is too far north, and while Town North would be closest it sounds like shady doinz. I bought it in Katy (west of Houston) so I can't take it back to my dealership...thoughts would be great, thanks! smile

#93377 - 24/02/06 12:07 PM Re: Maxwell Town North Nissan -- Austin
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally would not use South Point Nissan. I have not used them for service but walked out on a deal signing and after almost driving off the lot with my new X. Went back to Round Rock Nissan and have had nothing but good dealings to date and that is 2 years later. Just my 2 cents worth.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal