2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93456 - 18/09/06 05:51 AM Problem with service at dealership
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Recently (last week) I had my 02 Xterra at the dealer to replace the rear main seal (yes, another one bites the dust), after nine days I get my truck back. The dealer informed me that my oil pan had excessive rust and that they replaced it along with the RMS.
Not trusting the dealer I crawled under this weekend, well it looks like they had to take the “Y” pipe off to do some work, so maybe they actually did something.
Next I go to take a look at me new shinny oil pan and guess what – still the old rusty oil pan. I go and check the paper work just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming about the oil pan, no, no dream, paper work says they replaced the oil pan. I start thinking, maybe I should check the oil to make sure they didn’t fuck that up – pull the dipstick, plenty of oil actually way too much – an inch over the max level.
So, I am planning on calling the dealer today but I though I might get some ideas on how to approach this and who I need to contact if the dealership is less than eager to set things right.

Any and all constructive comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

#93457 - 18/09/06 06:42 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Take it in to them and ask to talk to the manager. In a diplomatic fashion, ask him to have a look at your X and compare it to the bill. wink

#93458 - 18/09/06 07:25 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Yes, I agree on the diplomatic but I really don't have the time to be going back and forth. I would rather get some things setled over the phone than to spend hours at the dealership while they figured out that they screwed up.

#93459 - 18/09/06 07:34 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can try on the phone but what has taken me hours of phone time to get fixed has taken 5 minutes when I just walk in and say hey can you look at this?

#93460 - 18/09/06 11:59 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Solar,

Just curious - which dealership was it?

#93461 - 18/09/06 02:07 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Before any "Replacement of Old Parts to New Parts" from the Dealer or any other Repair Shop....Always, I Repeat...Always ask to see the Old Parts before the Work is Done...it's always good practice to mark the part or parts that will be replaced with a Marker (if possible) to see if they really replaced it...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#93462 - 18/09/06 05:46 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Diplomatic is the best solution. If the service manager doesnt do anything ask to speak with the GM. Too much oil is a bad thing foaming and pressure issues could result so that is a screw up on the techs part and make sure you have the advisor note that on the next write up or else it never happened. Ricksters advice is really good. It sounds like a deeper problem at that particular shop.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#93463 - 19/09/06 12:49 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just out of curiosity what dealership is it? I had a dealership do some warranty repairs and they messed them up and were complete assholes.

#93464 - 20/09/06 05:30 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

walk in there, tell them that they said that they replaced the oil pan then the get the manager to crawl under there himself and ask him if it looks like a new oil pan...then show receipt.

#93465 - 20/09/06 06:23 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, look at your paperwork again and see if you were charged for an oil pan. If the part wasn't charged out, then you didn't pay for it. The tech probably removed the pan to reseal it, but didn't actually replace the pan.

Replacing the pan could mean reinstalling it.

But again, if you didn't actually pay for a brand new pan (the part would have to be paid for, right?) and the oil leak is gone, then what's the complaint here?

#93466 - 21/09/06 10:48 AM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I like to do with dealers that piss me off...is take a screwdriver, jam a hole in about 5 vehicles gas tanks, find the common path where they all lead, then flick a match....doesn't ever resolve my problem, but god I feel better....

#93467 - 21/09/06 12:57 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
What I like to do with dealers that piss me off...is take a screwdriver, jam a hole in about 5 vehicles gas tanks, find the common path where they all lead, then flick a match....doesn't ever resolve my problem, but god I feel better....
Freedom of speech at its finest, folks.

#93468 - 21/09/06 01:03 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:
Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
[b]What I like to do with dealers that piss me off...is take a screwdriver, jam a hole in about 5 vehicles gas tanks, find the common path where they all lead, then flick a match....doesn't ever resolve my problem, but god I feel better....
Freedom of speech at its finest, folks.[/b]
Dude's got a dry sense of humor, that's about it. No harm, no foul.

#93469 - 21/09/06 05:55 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, that would be called a joke...for people out there who don't understand sarcasm. When I bought my X I was screwed out of $3000 the dealership said they would take over another loan and they did not....always get it in writing.

#93470 - 21/09/06 07:11 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs had a little vandalism incident back when I was in college.

"You F@uck with Someone You Get F@cked Back Harder" was etched into the hood of a Harley Davidson F150 with some type of acid. Sugar in gas tanks, tires slashed basically the whole lot was trashed.

I dont agree with it at all but I had a Ranger in there and five transmissions, two driveshafts, four steering knuckles and a gas tank later I bought my Xterra.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#93471 - 21/09/06 08:36 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Really want to fuck someone over?

Bleach in the gas tank. It's an oxidizer. Injector pintels, fuel rails, fuel pump, fuel filter, filler neck, basically anything steel that will rust (that the bleach touches) will need to be replaced.

Depends on how much gas is in the tank vs. the amount of bleach put in. More bleach per gallon the better (or worse)!

#93472 - 22/09/06 08:11 PM Re: Problem with service at dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Really want to fuck someone over?

Bleach in the gas tank. It's an oxidizer. Injector pintels, fuel rails, fuel pump, fuel filter, filler neck, basically anything steel that will rust (that the bleach touches) will need to be replaced.

Depends on how much gas is in the tank vs. the amount of bleach put in. More bleach per gallon the better (or worse)!
OOoohhhh....that's evil. I KNEW there was a reason I bought my locking gas cap [Too much XOC]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal