Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92550 - 01/10/06 05:54 AM Kings Nissan Service in Brooklyn NY
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to warn you guys since they are bunch of crooks.

I came to the King’s Nissan Service Center on Thursday August 31, 2006 for a broken gas tank doors on my 2 month old 2006 Nissan Xterra that wouldn’t stay close. I was promised fast turnaround and person (Tony – manager) was nice and polite. I was told that my car will be ready and I should call around 3 pm to find out when I can pick it up. I did call slightly after that time and was told that my car is ready. I picked my car up following Friday and upon inspection of the repair site I discovered that fender area about my gas tank doors is all scratched up and damaged. Also the gas tank doors were bent, scratched to bare metal and parts were stripped and mutilated and out of alignment. I called Tony right away and was told that he knew about it and is going to order new set of door and get them painted. I was taken back by the fact that he was familiar with poor quality of service yet he let the car go. I was told that part is going to take about two weeks to get there. Since Tony didn’t make any notes it got me worried so I called him back in a week (Friday Sept 8) to confirm that the part was actually order and was told that indeed part is in the mail and that I shouldn’t call him and he will call me. After two weeks I called the dealership again but was told that Tony is on vacation. Gentleman I spoke to (Charlie) told me after pulling records by my name that part was never ordered and he will do it for me and it takes about 3 days and not 2 weeks. I was told to call back on Monday which I did and got hold of Tony who now claimed that part is in and all painted. I asked if I can drop the car off on Wednesday and how long it will take to install it. Tony told me that it is an hour and a half job. I asked again if he has a part and if it is painted since I have very important meeting that I need to make on Wednesday. I was told that part was painted and it is ready to be put in. I came to the shop on Wednesday 6:30 am but was told that my car will not be seen until 8 am. Around 8:30 am I was told that part that was painted 2 days before is not good because somebody put dust on it and needs to be repainted and that I need additional few hours. This was weird since part was there painted on Monday and out of the sudden there are problems. I asked if they could repaint it without me being there and I just show up and get it installed. I was told to show up whenever and Alex who is in charge of the painting/body work told me that whatever happens is not his problem. I also asked for the scratches made on the body to be removed and after compound polishing most of them were buffed out but few deep ones were left behind. I showed up at the shop around 1:20 pm and was told to come back at 3 pm because crew is out to lunch. I asked when lunch is over and since it happened to be at 1:30 I opted to wait. I was given an attitude and was treated as annoying customer. My car was taken in and doors were replaced in less than 15 minutes. When I came out to inspect them old parts that were damaged were used inside and were already rusting. Paint job has marks and spots in them. I could not find anyone to look at it and I left the dealership trying to find another way of getting job done right. I was lied to, ignored and pushed over every step on the way. I refuse to go back to this dealership, I will never recommend it to anyone.

#92551 - 01/10/06 09:41 AM Re: Kings Nissan Service in Brooklyn NY
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Did you chat with the GM???

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#92552 - 01/10/06 02:12 PM Re: Kings Nissan Service in Brooklyn NY
Anonymous
Unregistered

GM was not available. I spoke to Nissan Customers Affairs few days back and waiting for reply. Will keep you guys posted.

#92553 - 01/10/06 08:24 PM Re: Kings Nissan Service in Brooklyn NY
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hopefully everything will work out. I only contacted nissan once and they were about as useful as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, hopefully youll do better.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#92554 - 02/10/06 04:25 PM Re: Kings Nissan Service in Brooklyn NY
Anonymous
Unregistered

a couple of paragraphs in your letter would make it much easier to read.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal