2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92452 - 30/11/06 09:36 AM Hunt Nissan_Chattanooga,TN vs Firestone
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got quote from 2 different places for almost same thing to fix.
1. wires, plugs
2. Drive belts
and dealer ship's quote has knock sensor replacement.

Dealership: $1,900.00
Firestone: $460.00

Hunt Nissan WIN!

#92453 - 30/11/06 06:37 PM Re: Hunt Nissan_Chattanooga,TN vs Firestone
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
I wouldn't bother with the knock sensor replacement. Do a search on here and you'll find out why. Should save you a bundle on labor.

#92454 - 03/12/06 10:00 AM Re: Hunt Nissan_Chattanooga,TN vs Firestone
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
That dealer has "scam" written all over it (or they charge mucho $ for labor and mark the hell up on their parts). Trademotion has great prices on new parts. Plugs/wires i dont understand. Unless your wires are bad you dont need to replace them. Plugs are dependant on mileage and you should spend the money on a good aftermarket plug instead of the marked up Nissan ones. The belts are cheap and easy to install (unless its the timing belt but that too is mileage/wear dependant). Agree on the knock sensor unless of course there is a valid reason but it sounds like some scamsters want to part you with some money!!!! Shop around some more my friend!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#92455 - 11/12/06 05:01 AM Re: Hunt Nissan_Chattanooga,TN vs Firestone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys!

I ...my Xterra passed emission test on Saturday morning.

I'm really feel bad about this dealership.
well..I better say this dealership's Service Dept.
They quoted 4 times more expensive than other shop with exact same job and told me that my xterra will not pass emission test without replacing knock sensor.

Other shop completed job with under $500 and my xterra passed emission test without knock sensor replacing.

Hunt Nissan's Service Dept suck!

#92456 - 11/12/06 12:53 PM Re: Hunt Nissan_Chattanooga,TN vs Firestone
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Glad to hear you got your truck fixed up.....but before you bash the service department remember that the Nissan Techs use a specific flow chart (from Nissan) to diagnos and fix the problem. A good service department will let you see the computer printouts of what was wrong and what Nissan recommends the fix should be. Just because your truck passed emissions doesnt mean that it is fixed or that something might not happen in the future. Good luck.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal