Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92635 - 08/11/00 01:32 PM Trophy Nissan- Mesquite, TX
Walt Offline

Loc: Grapevine, TX
Just wanted to let everyone in Dallas/ Ft. Worth know.....

A friend of ours took his Frontier to Trophy Nissan in Mesquite for service. He left it there for them to work on while he went out of town. When he got back Monday morning, he went to go pick it up, and the dash was wasted, and the atermarket AM/FM/CD, discs, and other personal items were missing. For the record, Trophy has a yard fenced w/ barbed wire.

When our friend confronted the service manager, he told him that his truck did not come in with a radio in it, and they would not cover the damage. When our friend protested, the service tech showed up and told the manager, 'See, I told you'! Then their whole position changed.....

I believe they are going to cover the radio now, but the remainder is in question at this point.

Since there was a break in in their yard, I wanted to let y'all know. As for their response, it would not have impressed me in that situation. I hope they were not trying to get away with something, and it was just a misunderstanding.

I'm not saying don't take your X over to Trophy for service, but please be aware that this type of stuff is going on, and handle them (and empty your vehicle) accordingly.

I will keep you posted on their response, for better or worse.

------------------
Walter Stephenson
VP-SWXC Member #1
'00 4wd SE Solar Yellow

#92636 - 08/11/00 02:30 PM Re: Trophy Nissan- Mesquite, TX
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Don't even ask me about Trophy. That is where I got my X. The sales person was great, the finance people were not. The one time I had service with them was good. in/out quickly. However the recent trip at the body shop was terrible, the work was fine, but the people there all the way up to the General manager (except for one guy), were terrible. Never returned phones calls, sat on parts for days, never responded to emails. I will never go back there again.

------------------
Robert Reuscher
SouthWest Xterra Club Member #3
Denim Blue SE 4x2
www.geocities.com/swxterraclub/SouthwesternXterraClub.html
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#92637 - 02/12/00 09:04 AM Re: Trophy Nissan- Mesquite, TX
Walt Offline

Here's an update....

Even though the service dept. apparently left the vehicle unlocked in the yard, they are only covering the dash and the radio, none of the personal effects. Better than nothing, but not too cool under the circumstances.

------------------
Walter Stephenson
VP-SWXC Member #1
'00 4wd SE Yellow 5 spd.

#92638 - 09/12/00 12:21 AM Re: Trophy Nissan- Mesquite, TX
sks24 Offline

Loc: southeast. TX
Wrong. You need to follow up on their insurance. Would they be responsible if one of their employees took the items. Of course they would be. The vehicle is under their care. You have a legitimate gripe. Get a copy of the police report and turn it in to their insurance. It is not their decision if they pay it is that of their insurance company. If they advise it is an out of pocket expense and the they are not filling on their insurance, then tell them you are going to file. You have every right to. I am a police officer and unfortunately I see larger companies try to rip peaople like this all the time. I guess it keeps their insurance rates low. If none of this works take them to civil court. It may be very inexpensive for you depending on the value of the items taken.

#92639 - 09/12/00 06:31 AM Re: Trophy Nissan- Mesquite, TX
Walt Offline

Couldn't tell for sure by your response sks, but just so you know, its not actually my vehicle, but a friend of mine....

My response to my sister-in-law's boyfriend (the friend I've been talking about) was similar to yours here. I told them that this probably could qualify as a situation of bailment, making the dealer liable, which I think is what you were getting at. Since the loss was directly caused by their negligence, I agree with you 100%.

The only thing I told him to look out for was any liability waiver on the service agreement he may have signed in advance of leaving the vehicle. Would that hold up in this kind of situation?

I'll remind them that he has civil recourse, and hopefully since it has been affirmed by a peace officer he'll have the fortitude to go ahead with it. They could use a slap in the face this time!

Thanks for the input!! Have a great weekend!

------------------
Walter Stephenson
VP-SWXC Member #1
'00 4wd SE Yellow 5 spd.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal