2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94166 - 01/06/01 08:27 PM Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Took my X there today to have the 7,500 service done, and to have a problem with the tow hitch taken care of. The problem with the hitch was I was told by the salesman when we bought it, it would have a hitch and when I got it home, there wasn't one on it. We called the dealer (Morrie's) and told them no hitch, no deal. They told us to bring it in and it will be taken care of. Well, they took it to U-haul to have a hitch put on. Not a big deal, except the tailpipe rattles on the hitch. I told them about the problem, and they are going to put on the Nissan hitch at no charge. They are also going to replace the horn because it sounds like a sick calf. They were very courtious and treated us well. I would recommend their service dept. to anyone.

------------------
My ass may be dumb, but I'm no dumb ass.

#94167 - 02/06/01 07:58 AM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
i am sorry if i missunderstod you

but you are saying how good the dealership is and stuff
but dont you think there is a problem when a dealership promices you a trailer hitch and then takes your truck to Uhaul to install CHEAP , NON NISSAN , NOT RATED 5000 LB hitch ?

its all good that they are willing to fix that, but why would they do it in the first place?????????

------------------

#94168 - 02/06/01 10:09 AM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Blue_X Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NY
Hey Oleg.. What part of Brooklyn are you from?

Did you buy yours from Bay Ridge Nissan?

------------------
2001 Just Blue XE
V6 Auto 4x4 3 Pak

#94169 - 03/06/01 12:20 AM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Olegkha Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_X:
Hey Oleg.. What part of Brooklyn are you from?

Did you buy yours from Bay Ridge Nissan?

I am 10 minutes from them, but when i came in they knew nothing about X, and the service there Sucked big time, and it took them 15 minutes to get me a sales man who knew the prices for trucks , and then he was still unsure what he can get for me and for what price, so i ended up purchasing my tuck in NJ

I did not dealt with them after that , so i am not saying nothing good or bad about that dealership

------------------

#94170 - 03/06/01 08:14 PM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Guido Offline

Oleg,

I knew you were going to reply because I've read your views on the U-Haul hitch. I still have issues with the Sales end of the Dealership because of them putting the U-haul hitch on. After the hitch was put on, I asked my dad who has been a mechanic for 35 yrs. his thoughts on the u-haul vs. the Nissan, and he thought for my use the U-haul was just as good. It was the Sales Dept. that had the hitch put on, not the Service Dept., that is who I am giving the thumbs up to. After looking the truck over to see if they can get the rattle to go away, they have decided to replace the U-haul with the Nissan hitch. So I got what I wanted in the end without too much hassle. I don't know if we will buy our next Nissan here, will probably go to the dealer PNUTMNM got his X. I did get my X for under MSRP, so they did give me a good deal with a little haggling.

------------------
My ass may be dumb, but I'm no dumb ass.

#94171 - 04/06/01 06:34 AM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Olegkha Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
..... After the hitch was put on, I asked my dad who has been a mechanic for 35 yrs. his thoughts on the u-haul vs. the Nissan, and he thought for my use the U-haul was just as good....

interesting how your dad was able to over look the frame stiffiners that Nissan adds to their hitch package

Uhaul and Nissan hitch are almoust identical. exsept you will have hard time sticking 31 inch tire underneath the truck with uhaul hitch, and with nissan you can go up to 32 inches.
their rating is the same 5000 lb
they even look close

but frame aint rated that much, so 5,000 hitch is over kill. with out more metal plates to make the frame stiffer

------------------

#94172 - 12/06/01 08:06 PM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Come Oleg...back off. He got the Nissan hitch and it is rated for 5000 lbs so there isn't anything to bitch about.

Congrats on the good deal Guido. Hope we can do lunch sometime. Email me and maybe we can set up a time, place and date.

Scott

------------------
Math svcks!--Jimmy Buffet

http://www.gpxo.org

Got Spark?

#94173 - 13/06/01 03:28 PM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Guido Offline

Thanks for the back-up DeFib... Oleg was just watching out for me, it's all good. Besides I think he has some nasty aversion to U-Haul . I was so excited about geting a Nissan Hitch, that last night we bought a 17' ski boat!!!! I am stoked. I can't believe I talked the wife into it. The only downside is that I can't bring up getting a snomobile for a while!!!! Saw the Pics from the clean up last weekend, wish I could have gone. How are the negotiations going? We'll have to try to hook up.

------------------
Yo Mammy boy!

#94174 - 13/06/01 07:54 PM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
defibvt Offline

Still stalemated for negotiations. I believe i am off work on Tuesday and Thursday next week. Maybe we could do lunch one of those days. Let me know.

Scott

------------------
Math svcks!--Jimmy Buffet

Got Spark?

#94175 - 15/06/01 08:30 AM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Olegkha Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DeFibVT:
Come Oleg...back off. He got the Nissan hitch and it is rated for 5000 lbs so there isn't anything to bitch about.

Congrats on the good deal Guido. Hope we can do lunch sometime. Email me and maybe we can set up a time, place and date.

Scott

i was not bitching !

i just cannot figure out how some one can say good stuff about the dealership that LIY to you, and then went and fixed THEIR BULL...

------------------

#94176 - 15/06/01 08:12 PM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
Guido Offline

Oleg, I thought we had this all hashed out. I was not saying good things about the sales end of the dealership, I was complementing the SERVICE DEPARTMENT. I am not at all happy with the sales dept. Other than they gave me a great deal on the X. I will not buy my next Nissan at this dealership, but I would not hesitate to take my X there to get serviced. The service dept had nothing to do with the U-Haul hitch being put on. They bent over backwards for me to fix the sales manager's f**k up. I got the Nissan hitch in the end and all is good. ;]

------------------
Yo Mammy boy!

#94177 - 16/06/01 07:56 AM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
defibvt Offline

No problem, Oleg. Just got defensive of fellow MN X brother. There aren't too many of here so got defensive. No offense intended.

------------------
She was so ugly she caused a train to back up turn around and take a dirt road!

Got Spark?

#94178 - 19/06/01 01:34 PM Re: Morrie's Brooklyn Park Nissan
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Get your next Nissan at Feldman's in Bloomington. Two cars purchases there now, he gave us 3.9% financing and $1,000 off our final negotiated price for three hail dings that were on the Maxima.

Plus, their service department's airport dropoff service is SUHWEET!! They take you to the airport for free, store your X in their shop while you're gone, and leave your X in the airport's valet parking the day you return... Come home from a two week trip in Alaska, walk down to your X in Valet parking where its washed and ready for you, pay for one day's parking, drive home... NICE!

------------------
kjw & the
PNUTMNM

Blaming Guns for Columbine is like blaming spoons for Rosy O'Donnel

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal