After getting my new Xterra last year I got my first oil change at the Gwinnett Place Nissan near Gwinnett Place Mall. They were rude and rushed me. I then started going to Sutherlin Nissan. They were not as rude, but still did not give me the customer service I expected for what I was paying. Then they finally did it when they scratched the back of my hatch. It was so obvious and they tried to blame it on something else. I think all of you are like me and you know what scratches you have and dont' have. I finally got them to do something about it. After the first wash I found that they only covered the scratch. I am tired of dealing with them and won't go back.
Do others have this problem of terrible customer service with Nissan dealerships? My wife always gets treated well at Honda dealerships (ok, yeah she is much better looking than I, but still). I am going to try one last Nissan dealership next week. If that doesn't work out I'm going to see if the Honda dealership will do my service.