So, how mad should I be?

Hmm this turned out to be a little long…

Had a little problem with my height adjustable seat not maintaining an adjustment. I would roll it all the way up and it would be half way down in about 3-4 days. New X was about 2000 miles old so I took it in to see if that was normal. The dealership found a broken part and ordered a new chunk-o-seat bottom.

A few days later on a Tuesday a lady from the dealership parts/service department called to tell me the part was in. I made an appointment to bring it in the following Thursday after I got off working in the morning, I told them I would have the truck there no later than 9am.

Thursday morning rolls around and I get the truck there earlier than planned, gave the key to one of the service advisors (mine was not there), told him I had an appointment for the seat and went home and went to bed. About 3pm I had gotten up and was beginning to wonder why they had not called to say it was ready yet.

I called and happened to get the service manager on the phone. He had no record that my vehicle had even been in for service that day! He even asked me “are you sure you dropped it off at such and such Nissan?” I told him I was quite sure and told him to look in the parking space right next to the service drive entrance for a red Xterra with Geocaching.com on the back. He looked and replied “oh yeah I guess it is here” This was 6 hours after I had dropped it off with an appointment and they had not even looked at it! The manager said he was going to look into it and call me back.

After 30 minutes with no call I called him back myself. Apparently the lady that called me did not do anything to log my appointment. Add to that my service advisor was off that day so nobody that knew of the problem was there. Even though I had told them when I dropped it off. So initially they did not know why it was there and after a while they just flat out forgot about it. No call to my service advisor at home, to me, or a computer history check to find out why it was there! The manger said it was too late at that point to work it in and I would have to bring it in again another day. So after 7 hours of sitting in front of the service drive nothing was done! I picked it up and made arrangements to bring it in the following Thursday at the same time.

I dropped it off the following Thursday for the 3rd visit for the same problem. This time my service advisor was there and knew about what happened the week before. I went home again and went to sleep. Around noon my service advisor called and woke me up saying that they had tried to put the new seat part in but found another broken part that they did not notice the first time! This part was unavailable so they had to order it too, surprise it is on national backorder!

So it has now been in service 3 times for a total of 17 hours and the seat is still broken! So far all they have offered is a free oil change… Nissan has sent me a survey for this repair, which I am waiting to fill out based on the outcome of this. It has now been 3 weeks and still no part.

I used to take my first Xterra to this dealership but stopped after they built a new dealership closer to where I lived and never had a problem. Now I have moved and live close to this one. Their sales department has been great so far, I have bought 2 vehicles from them now in the past 2 months and gotten more than excellent deals from them. However after this I may be switching service departments!

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold