Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#379057 - 10/07/03 04:54 AM What's With Baseball Players These days?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Why would a highly over-paid baseball player want to do this to a woman:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/pirates/2003-07-10-sausage-simon_x.htm

I hope Simon get's a suspension, and a nice hefty fine for this. What a fucking loser!

mad

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#379058 - 10/07/03 05:37 AM Re: What's With Baseball Players These days?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Unbelievable. I hope a video comes out soon. I , personally think it was a hate crime. He hates bratwurst but likes hot dogs maybe? If it were a chocolate milkshake would that have made it a race crime. Or maybe it already is a race crime because they were racing. Or maybe he is a vegetarian and hates meats of all kinds.

Edited to add:I saw the video and it didnt look half as bad as people are making it out to be. It looks like he was just playing around and tapped her, the wieght of the costume made her fall. Not saying it wasnt a stupid thing to do, but to arrest him seems to be a bit much for a scraped knee. I have seen those sausage races before and people fall all of the time because the heads are so heavy.

#379059 - 10/07/03 10:13 AM Re: What's With Baseball Players These days?
mr_omerta Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I can't believe this made the news, I was watching the game when it happened and I thought it was staged! So stupid, he was just joking around. Randall Simon never shuts up about his religion and all that, so I doubt he did it out of malice.

#379060 - 10/07/03 10:46 AM Re: What's With Baseball Players These days?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
That was pretty stupid of him.

I don't think he did it out of intent to hurt the saugsage, I just think he got caught up in the fun of the event and gave her a little tap with the bat.

Pressing charges seems to be appropriate. Technically, he attached her with a weapon - for no reason. If someone walked up to you on the street and tapped you on the back of the head with a bat and made you fall - that is enough to prosecute them as well.

I doubt they will go thru with the arrest though. I bet they just wanted to make a point by taking him into the station for questioning.

#379061 - 10/07/03 10:49 AM Re: What's With Baseball Players These days?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
The point here is why he do this with his baseball bat to begin with? As much as the players deny this fact, they ARE role models, like it or not. You'd never see Nomar do a stupid thing like this.

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal