2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#378908 - 04/02/08 10:41 PM Damn...who saw this coming?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I was starting to wonder whether he was really into it any more...

Knight is done
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#378909 - 05/02/08 04:22 AM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Somewhere, Nismo's sobbing with his head on the floor.

The thing that made him a better coach than most was not only did he demand excellence in all phases of a player's life (not just the game), he taught them very well in all sectors as well. His graduation rates show that his influence was beyond just the game.

#378910 - 05/02/08 06:31 AM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Very well said, Origami.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
I was starting to wonder whether he was really into it any more...

[b] Knight is done
[/b]
Well, we all assumed it was going to come at the end of the year, but this was a shock with 10 games left. I understand the move as it sets Pat up nicely going into next year. We had a great class last year and another one coming in and it gives him a chance to get his feet wet with conference play while grooming this very young team. There's also a big recruit that's a legacy of ours who is still unsigned, so maybe this will help with that as well. One thing's for sure is that we're winless on the road and undefeated at home. Maybe Pat can figure out a way to get us some wins on the road while protecting our home court and get us back in the big dance for the 5th time in 7 years. [ThumbsUp]

BTW, I guess since Pat is our coach, I don't need to change my signature. laugh

#378911 - 05/02/08 11:41 AM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
If I'm a parent of one of those kids... I'm pissed. In the middle of the season? That's "pussy" if you ask me.

Knight rarely coached a kid who lit it up in the pros... just another testament to what a hell of a coach he was. When he wasn't shooting people or throwing chairs at them, that is. :rolleyes:

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#378912 - 05/02/08 11:47 AM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who's the unsigned recruit? It looks like all your '08 commits have already signed their LOI.

In somewhat related news, sucks about Keanon Cooper.

#378913 - 05/02/08 01:09 PM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
If I'm a parent of one of those kids... I'm pissed. In the middle of the season? That's "pussy" if you ask me.
What the media won't cover is that these recruits were told while they were being recruiting that it could happen any time. One guy close to Knight brought it up last night, but that's all you heard about it. These kids knew they were going to be playing for Pat.

Knight's got to be loving this though. He did it on his terms and some people will still find something to bitch about. [ThumbsUp] The rest of us realize he left the program in better shape than when he got it along with passing along his two best recruiting classes to get Pat started.
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Who's the unsigned recruit? It looks like all your '08 commits have already signed their LOI.
Jeff Taylor out of Hobbs, New Mexico... which is closer to Tech than any other school. His dad played for us as well as his uncle. There was talk that he was going to Kansas, Texas or Gonzaga, but I wonder if this will change things. Playing for Pat might be more appealing to someone of Jeff's stature than playing for RMK. Anyway, I believe we still have 2 scholy's. You know there's two signing periods in basketball, right?

#378914 - 05/02/08 03:43 PM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
It would be nice if someday there could be some reconciliation with Indiana. Even though all the people involved (Brand, Donniger, Davis, etc.) are gone, I don't hold out much hope for it.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#378915 - 05/02/08 05:20 PM Re: Damn...who saw this coming?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]Who's the unsigned recruit? It looks like all your '08 commits have already signed their LOI.
Jeff Taylor out of Hobbs, New Mexico... which is closer to Tech than any other school. His dad played for us as well as his uncle. There was talk that he was going to Kansas, Texas or Gonzaga, but I wonder if this will change things. Playing for Pat might be more appealing to someone of Jeff's stature than playing for RMK. Anyway, I believe we still have 2 scholy's. You know there's two signing periods in basketball, right?[/b]
No, actually, but in my defense I follow CFB a lot closer. This Hobbs kid looks solid, though not what I'd consider a bigtime recruit. Hopefully you land him - the somewhat under-touted guys with a high basketball IQ sometimes turn out to be awesome.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal