Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#379085 - 22/03/08 08:03 AM I can't wait!!!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
First home game against the Yankmees, I bought tickets for my son...errr me....err for us..for Easter!

laugh

#379086 - 22/03/08 03:26 PM Re: I can't wait!!!
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Nice - I have tickets to the April 24th Game against Anaheim and July 27th against the Yankees! Plus I'm going to the April 10th game against Detroit with a friend.

#379087 - 22/03/08 04:28 PM Re: I can't wait!!!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
One problem, I think these are the beer free seats. Just wouldn't be a day at Fenway without a dog and a beer. I'll be going again! [drink]

#379088 - 22/03/08 05:23 PM Re: I can't wait!!!
Rockaholic Offline

Go to "Game On" or Boston Beer Works beforehand - have a good beer there, and save $10.

I'm in the Grandstand, soI'll be drinking something [drink]

#379089 - 24/03/08 07:45 AM Re: I can't wait!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
One problem, I think these are the beer free seats. Just wouldn't be a day at Fenway without a dog and a beer. I'll be going again! [drink]
Beer free seats at a baseball game???

#379090 - 24/03/08 11:52 AM Re: I can't wait!!!
Rockaholic Offline

Fenway has what is called the Family Friendly section - down the left field side near the Green Monster. That section does not allow the sale of, or consumption of, Alcohol. Hence "beer free" - It's something the owners decided to alleviate concerns of "fans" who wanted to bring their kids and were getting upset over the rowdy drunken actions of other "fans".
I went to the 2005 playoffs, and one of those "fans" brought their kid and made her do her homework during the game in her seat. confused eek

A winning baseball team is great to watch, but I hate the fair weather fans who show up now but who ignored the team 10-18 years ago.

You can't get a ticket at Fenway (directly from Fenway) these days unless you manage to get lucky when the tickets go on sale or through a ticket purchase opportunity drawing.

The day after I got my license, I drove into Boston with 2 friends - we went up to the ticket booth and got tickets 25 minutes before the first pitch. That's not happening today.

I only have seats to games this year because I traded the playoff tickets I was lucky enough to buy last year (through the Drawing process) for tickets to games this year from a friend with a ticket package.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal