2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#389456 - 07/08/07 05:44 PM Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am interviewing for a new job in Pennsauken, NJ in the near future. What areas in that area should I steer clear of and which ones should I look into? Also, how is traffic in that area? It is directly across the river from Philidelphia. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#389457 - 08/08/07 07:44 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Pennsauken is next to Camden. Definitely stay away from there. There are some good towns near there though. Cinnaminson for one. All towns are the same; there are good areas and bad.

Traffic along rt. 130 can be brutal at times. Most of the traffic there will be going to Philly though.

Stone

#389458 - 08/08/07 06:54 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would say to look into Marlton or Evesham. Not sure if your financial situation. If you have lots of money maybe Cherry Hill..stay COMPLETLEY away from Camden, Trenton, any city in NJ is no good but those two are the worst.

#389459 - 30/09/07 03:41 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it is official. I accepted the job on Friday. I'll be starting the 1st week of November. Any advice for moving to Jersey?

#389460 - 30/09/07 03:52 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cherry Hill is nice. Marlton, if I remember right, was nice too. but like those guys say...stay away from Camden. Parts of Trenton are nice. I lived in Hamilton for a year before moving to Cherry Hill.

Good luck with the move and new job!!! [ThumbsUp]

#389461 - 30/09/07 04:06 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterRigger:
Well, it is official. I accepted the job on Friday. I'll be starting the 1st week of November. Any advice for moving to Jersey?
Welcome. Get ready to be in one of the most corrupt (and bankrupt) states in the Union. The State is run by Democrats that do not know the meaning of "reduced spending". NJ leads the nation in property taxes, auto insurance, and corrupt politicians. Plus the Jeresy shore. The only beaches on the East coast you have to pay to get on! Yet NJ is still broke...... go figure.

You will experience three weather seasons: Hot, Cold, and Wet.

You do have the advantage of being in the metro (NY, NJ, PA) and relatively close to many exciting things to do, be it outdoor activities, sports, or history.

I live in south jersey, fairly close to where you are going to be.

Stone

#389462 - 02/10/07 09:43 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
gee keith...you really love nj don't do? i think you're just upset because you live in south jersey. it's like a whole different state down there smile

i went to school in glassboro...it's not that bad. it'll be nice being so close to philly. not sure how close you are looking to live, but deptford and turnersville are nice too. vorhees also

#389463 - 02/10/07 10:32 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Stonecoldchavez Offline

I wasn't saying to be mean.....

Everything I mentioned is true, no?

Stone

#389464 - 02/10/07 04:10 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is almost nothing good about NJ. I've lived here on and off almost my entire life and it sucks. smile I would gladly move if I could but I'm stuck here!

#389465 - 04/10/07 09:39 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would stay away from Lindenwold. I agree that Voorhees, Marlton, and Cherry Hill would all be close and good areas. My wife and I used to live in Blackwood, and there are some areas there that are not so great. We are now back in Voorhees and are quite happy about that.

#389466 - 05/10/07 08:10 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have lived in NJ for all but 2 of my 32.8 years of life. I would pick NO where else to live.

In Mount Holly where I live I am 1 hour from NYC, 40 Minutes from the shore, 3 hours from DC, 45 minutes from Philly.

it is what you make of it. If you are the type of person who bitches and moans about how corrupt North Jersey then you will find constant examples of it.

Summer is hot Winter is cold. Oh and be forewarned, once the sun goes down it is dark in jersey. Seems our state only has sunlight half the time...

Really, welcome. Do you work for a printer? that is all I know of in Pennsauken... Check out Delanco,Maple Shade, Delran, Hell Mount Holly is a really great town and not far away.

#389467 - 05/10/07 11:03 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE] Do you work for a printer? /QUOTE]

No, I will be working for Para-Flite. One of the largest (if not the largest) manufacturer of parachutes and parachute systems on the planet.

I think we will be living in Palmyra, we found an apartment there that will let us have our dogs. I asked around while I was there and the people there were cool.

#389468 - 05/10/07 11:46 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is a nice area.

My question was a bit of a joke. I am a printer and 99% of the other printers I know of or deal with are in Pennsauken. we always joke that it is an old Indian word for "Printer"

#389469 - 05/10/07 03:54 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterRigger:
[QUOTE] Do you work for a printer? /QUOTE]

No, I will be working for Para-Flite. One of the largest (if not the largest) manufacturer of parachutes and parachute systems on the planet.

I think we will be living in Palmyra, we found an apartment there that will let us have our dogs. I asked around while I was there and the people there were cool.
Skydiver? Check out Crosskeys (NJ) and the Ranch (upstate NY) if you do jump (although if you are a skydiver then you should know those two dropzones).

#389470 - 02/11/07 03:07 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
CK Offline

Loc: Exton, PA
Just Stopping by to say HI laugh

#389471 - 02/11/07 06:38 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI.

#389472 - 02/11/07 04:31 PM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, we made the move and I started working yesterday. So, no more Texas. Now, when are we going wheelin'?

#389473 - 19/11/07 09:06 AM Re: Maybe relocating to NJ
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha that's awesome man. I'm not too far from palmyra over here in mt. laurel (near mt. holly). NJ is great. Although the population is extremely heavy, there are lots of things to do. I go to philly all the time since i'm 20 minutes away. Its very fun you just have to know which parts to stay away from. Check out south street one day. Lots of little shops and things. Also, if you don't want to drive in to philly, you can take the PATCO train in and get off and 9th/10th and locust. (not too far from south street) Also one day you can decide which cheesesteak you like the best. Pats or Genos. Look em up they're great! welcome to NJ man

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal