2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388603 - 02/05/03 12:23 PM Hi from the UK!
paulgw Offline

Loc: St.Albans, Herts, UK.
Hi Everyone,

The X made it over to sunny (not) England in one piece, apart from UK Customs confiscating the contents of the first aid kit!

Driving the X over here is a blast, it turns a lot of heads especially from other SUV drivers. I get a lot of questions like "what is it?" "where did you get it?" "what engine does it have?".

I took the X to the local Nissan dealer to buy a pair of right-hand drive headlights etc and it attracted a lot of attention, too much attention! The salesman were all over the X and the mechanics were all over under it! I even had to take the Sales Manager on a test ride who was extreemly impressed with the X, he said "I could sell thousands of these if we had them over here!"

I've now done all the mod's for the European Type Approval Exam on May 13th.....R/H drive headlights, turn signal lights on the front fenders and a high intensity rear fog light. So once I'm street legal I can hit the dirt!

And look out for my impending website...www.limeyxterra.co.uk

Keep it paint side up!

Paul W.

laugh

#388604 - 02/05/03 04:30 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Hope you enjoy the Xterra across the "pond" BTW what is petrol going for these days. What does it cost to fill up. I rented a small car 18 month's ago when I visted Bath. Cost a fortune to fill a 11 gallon tank.

I would like to see pictures of the modifications. Do you have to have something on the back warning drivers about the LH driver?

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#388605 - 02/05/03 05:05 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Sweet!

I'm from Hemel Hempstead myself (actually I lived there when I was younger). Can't wait to see some pics of the X on british dirt.

#388606 - 03/05/03 09:10 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
Miikkaa Offline

Loc: Central New Jersey, United Sta...
Hey Paul,

Good to hear from you man!! Glad to hear you and the Mrs. made it back without a hitch, albiet less the first-aid kit. I hope they didn't find/confiscate your new toothbrush too. Remember: "Twice-a-day for better oral health" laugh Take care and best wishes to you and yours from me and the Mrs. [Wave]

Michael AKA Miikkaa

Earth people suck.

#388607 - 04/05/03 04:00 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
paulgw Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
Sweet!

I'm from Hemel Hempstead myself (actually I lived there when I was younger). Can't wait to see some pics of the X on british dirt.
I live about 8 miles east of Hemel Hempstead, it rains a lot there, come to think of it.....it rains a lot everywhere here!

laugh

#388608 - 04/05/03 04:05 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
paulgw Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Miikkaa:
Hey Paul,

Good to hear from you man!! Glad to hear you and the Mrs. made it back without a hitch, albiet less the first-aid kit. I hope they didn't find/confiscate your new toothbrush too. Remember: "Twice-a-day for better oral health" laugh Take care and best wishes to you and yours from me and the Mrs. [Wave]
Ha ha ha Mikka! We may have bad dentist's here, but at least we have decent beer!

[Finger]

#388609 - 04/05/03 06:11 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
paul you're alive. was wondering if i'd hear from you. they did the 5 borough bike race today. i also put my 2" BL too. send me an email so we can catch up, ok pikey? tell tara i said hello.
BL PICS

#388610 - 04/05/03 09:57 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
Miikkaa Offline

Loc: Central New Jersey, United Sta...
Quote:
Originally posted by paulgw:
Quote:
[b]Hey Paul,

Ha ha ha Mikka! We may have bad dentist's here, but at least we have decent beer!

[Finger] [/b]
HaHA!! Well "Twice-a-day for better oral health" should not be taken at face-value, nor in the eye(s) for some. As for beer, I prefer Finlandia or Stolichnaya 100 instead. smile

Michael AKA Miikkaa

Earth people suck.

#388611 - 05/05/03 03:13 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
paulgw Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Steel_City_X:
Hope you enjoy the Xterra across the "pond" BTW what is petrol going for these days. What does it cost to fill up. I rented a small car 18 month's ago when I visted Bath. Cost a fortune to fill a 11 gallon tank.

I would like to see pictures of the modifications. Do you have to have something on the back warning drivers about the LH driver?

Todd
A gallon of gas here cost's an Asian window cleaner about 15yrs wages and his first born son!

I don't have a warning sticker about the LHD, I just drop the steering wheel right down out of sight so people think I'm the passenger and the truck is driving itself, you should see the look on their faces!

But it's not as funny as when I use the remote start in a crowded street, now that is hysterical!!!

laugh

#388612 - 05/05/03 03:15 PM Re: Hi from the UK!
paulgw Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by paulgw:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Hey Paul,

[Finger] [/b]
HaHA!! Well "Twice-a-day for better oral health" should not be taken at face-value, nor in the eye(s) for some. As for beer, I prefer Finlandia or Stolichnaya 100 instead. smile [/b]
Opps, steady on there Vicar!
laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal