2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388953 - 17/02/07 07:44 PM Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there some light/ stock x handling trails near Wind Gap PA.
Jay

#388954 - 18/02/07 01:40 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
How far is wind gap from Hazleton or Tremont. PA?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#388955 - 19/02/07 05:33 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know Hazleton. I believe that is off of route 33. Is there a light offroad trail there?

If so my buddy and i may set up a run this spring. We are both stock, well i have the aal pml and a g-loomis bonefish sticker laugh . But like i said stock.

#388956 - 19/02/07 06:14 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by putzee52:
I know Hazleton. I believe that is off of route 33. Is there a light offroad trail there?

If so my buddy and i may set up a run this spring. We are both stock, well i have the aal pml and a g-loomis bonefish sticker laugh . But like i said stock.
Yeah - there's a LOT of stock trails in Hazleton.

About 40 minutes from Hazleton, in Tremont, there's a LOT more stock trails.

Some are in Paragon Adventure Park (PAP) (Still open, so far...), and some are in Rousch Creek, another off road park with very similar terrain.

There's group of us heading out to both of these regularely...you are invited to hook up...there's plenty of other stockers.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#388957 - 20/02/07 04:12 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will keep my eyes on the forums. Thanks for the invite. You may have a pair of granite stockers on one of your next runs.

Granite stockers, that definitly didnt right. [LOL]

#388958 - 23/02/07 04:39 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Hey - the weekend of March 3...theres a bunch of us, mostly stockers, heading out there for some fun....wanna come play?

laugh

#388959 - 25/02/07 06:04 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

let me see what i have going, ill talk to my other buddy and get back to you.

Where were you guys planning on heading?

What type of gear would be needed? Outside of an X

Jay

#388960 - 26/02/07 04:05 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Well, a full tank of gas...a snatch strap would be nice, and things to hook it too on the truck's front/rear...a hi-lift jack if you have sliders, a full sized spare, a lunch, a change of clothes...some basic tools if you have them, etc.

Typically, other people MIGHT have what you need to get the newbies going...so a rear recovery point is maybe the hardest thing to get on there...but that can merely be a shackle around your leaf hanger mount, etc. (Some thing to pull you out by if you get stuck)

laugh

You can't wheel with booze in the truck, in case that's important.

#388961 - 27/02/07 06:19 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

i guess on in the roof basket isnt considered in the truck. Just kidding i would need all consentration on not mashing up the x.

I have one of the oversized come-a-longs would that be useful.

Lunch would be a good thing. Ill work on getting a shackle for the rear, could i get one from lowes?

I will gather these items and come with you one of these times. This weekend is not going to work.

So when would be the next time you guys roll this way? If you know the Walmart off of rt.33 im about 2 min. from there.

Could do beers at my place afterward (wife permitting) [drink] .
Jay

#388962 - 28/02/07 06:55 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Well, for THIS trip...is a lot of stockers...so even if you didn't have the shackle, etc...you could borrow, etc...and there is no body damage etc planned, as its a fun run for newbies.

laugh

Next weekend (3/10), is more for the harder core people, with blues and blacks instead of stock freindly greens/lt blues...so you'd not want THAT one....too much to start off on, etc.

laugh

See if you can get yer nutz back on/bring the little woman along (My wife is going, plus others...) - your choice.

laugh

#388963 - 28/02/07 03:09 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would need to make sure it is ok for guests at my homestead not for wheeling. laugh

This weekend, sounds like a blast, just too much on the plate to say yes. We have a 10 mo. old who has been sick steeling all the sleep time and i have to go to the cardiologist for tests. I had some minor chest pains and upon EKG results i have inverted t-wave ???? dont know what that means but it has me a little shaken. I was one of the only 28 yr. old guys in the er overnight for shest pains. I beleive and hope it all to be stress related.

Should my tests on Friday reveal nothing but drink 2 beers and call me in the morning, where are you guys headed and for how long? Ill see if i can get my buddy with the other stocker to either some also or co-pilot.
Cheers
J

#388964 - 28/02/07 04:58 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Geez, don't be such a wuss, my wife is having multiple strokes, and she's going.

laugh

Headed to PAP on Sat, and on Sun.

So far...looks like 9 am starts.

Wheeling 'till about 4-5 pm typically....then out to dinner/booze at Damons, etc.

laugh

Hope you can make it!

#388965 - 01/03/07 07:28 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
TJ, I believe PAP is still on winter hours, which means you need to be off the trails by 4:00.

Putzee52, I don't know what an inverted T-wave signifies, but if they let you out of the ER it probably is not life threating. When I went in for chest pain, they kept in for five days to stabilize me before operating. I suspect and hope it is a "take two and call in the morning" thing at this stage. Wish you good results on tests.

k_enn

#388966 - 01/03/07 09:42 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Oh,

An inverted T-wave means it goes down, and then up, instead of up and down. It's usually nothing serious, but can be affected by an electrolyte imbalance (not enough or too much sodium or potassium), or inflammation of the heart muscles. In severe cases it indicates heart damage, but that can be confirmed with a Creatine Kinase (CK) test, which the Cardiologist can perform.

#388967 - 05/03/07 07:19 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the support hopefully you guys had a good day wheeling.

Echo was clear, all tests on my heart and blood have come back negative. Still have pains and the inverted t-waves. Waiting to here back from the cardioogist then heading to a second one down in U of Penn.

Jay

#388968 - 06/03/07 04:19 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Sorry you're still in pain dude...that sucks.

U of P is good though...they will fix you up for sure.

laugh

#388969 - 15/03/07 04:47 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well must be muscular, after every test the cardiologist recomended my heart is A OK so now to UPenn next week just to be sure.

Looks like we may get some more time to play in the snow. shocked )

#388970 - 23/03/07 08:14 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

So - How's the ticker doing?

#388971 - 26/03/07 06:23 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

So far so good. I go to the U-Penn card. on Wednesday of this week. Thanks for asking...I am thinking the whole thing was stress related. laugh

#388972 - 26/03/07 08:30 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Don'tcha love it...they stress you out telling you you have a bad heart....

#388973 - 27/03/07 06:23 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well in this day and age you cat be too careful. So hopefully they are going to say have a cold one and have some fun. But who knows.

We have off next week spring break. I have a first birthday then some tlc for the x then trout season opens Saturday. Flud changes ar ethe point of order, might try bearing repack but have never done it so not sure i want to try it solo.

Do you happen to know what type of pump to use to ge the diff oil up and in the diffs?
J

#388974 - 27/03/07 03:10 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

I cut the tip off a bottle of lube and stick a tygon tube over the open tip, and squeeze it, so the oil shoots out of the bottle, through the tube, into the diff.

laugh

#388975 - 28/03/07 07:19 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

So the U PennDr. was awsome he basicly looked at the tests and confirmed my thought of stress. He said all of my test were the same and was very friendly not shuting out my questions on exactly what the hell os wrong with my EKG. But from what he saw it is all good and nothing to worry about. So the pain is not form my heart whcih in myu book os good.

The diff oil i see about the bottles, i didnt know they had that point on them. I picked up 6 qts of Mobil 1 tonight. Should i also add the lsd additive? This being the first synthetic entering the x, soon to be mostly synthetic, i know the gains for the engine oils but what are the gains for the diffs? Less friction and moisture retardant?

Are you going to get in any trout fishing this year?
Jay

#388976 - 28/03/07 08:52 PM Re: Trails near WindGap
TJ Offline

Try no LSD additive...for the synthetics, they're really slippery to start with....so adding something to make them slippery-er, is typically overkill.

All the LSD addive is for, is to quiet noisy diffs, prevent diff chatter, etc..by making it less grabby.

Grabby is good, at least as far as trying to stay locked more...too grabby, so that it can't differentiate around curves, eats your tires, etc....is when you add the additive.

I've used synth diff juice all along, and NEVER added any additive...because I didn't need it....the diffs were quiet, no chatter, and the tires were lasting and lasting.

laugh

Damn, trout season is almost upon us....

Eh, this years so far, going to be tough to get in fishing...between the wife's stokes, brain seizures, and now maybe cancer, plus the USUAL crap going on...I'm about out of time for most stuff.

frown

#388977 - 29/03/07 10:29 AM Re: Trails near WindGap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, sorry to here that about the Mrs. If you ever want to get away for a bit, i would be glad to meet up and whoop on on some fish.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal