Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#389047 - 04/07/07 03:01 PM Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got a lot of close friends in a local Jeep club..just wanted to let you all know that they are impressed when they go to paragon. I'd like to roll out there w/ NJAX but I can't get on the site to read about any meets. It's just not working for me..

#389048 - 04/07/07 03:49 PM Re: Paragon
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah - the NJAX site's been a ghost town...Jorge's never there to clean out the spammers, etc.

Most of the NJAX people are now on

www.NIORA4x4Club.com

and

www.Fat4x4.com

Rausch Creek (RC) is in the same neck of the woods, and you don't need to hire a mandatory guide...so its more affordable for wheeling.

A lot of people are also doing RC for that reason....and some clubs and events Use BOTH sites at the same time for big gatherings, as they are close to each other, etc.

NIORA is planning an August 10-12 run (Fri night- Sunday..)...you could check that run out.

laugh

ECXC has a run in 2 weeks - July 19- 22...but that's only for X's.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#389049 - 04/07/07 05:52 PM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds good. Only problem is that info has sparked a little fight w/ my g/f. We were supposed to go to Lake George that weekend in August. Looks like were still going LOL. Oh well. Is RC any good for non lifted x's? The only mods I really have that would help off road at all is Dueler A/T tires which isn't even that big of a deal..

#389050 - 04/07/07 06:11 PM Re: Paragon
TJ Offline

BOTH Parks have stock trails that are challenging for stock rigs, but not punishing...IE: Fun.

The amount of lift is not typically the limiting factor btw...lifts are nice and all, and ground clearance is lovely...but, tire size and armor for a newbie are more important.

Low gears and lockers also have more impact.

A PML for $50-ish in parts, plus a 2" BL you can buy for ~$180-ish or make youself for ~$100-ish...lets 33's fit.

A 3" Lift only adds another 1.5" of lift, and doesn't really help tires fit except at ride height, etc.

So - I'd recommend going on the stock trails while stock...and getting your feet wet (Dirty?) first...and then getting a BL and a set of sliders, doing a PML, ETC...Adding skid plates, and so forth...when you are READY (YOU, not the truck...) to go up to a harder trail level.

The trails tend to be coded by difficulty...like greens for stock, blues for modified, blacks for heavily modified (Locked, armored, etc...), and reds for heavily modified that arrived on trailers, etc. laugh

That way - you can plan a trip around trails that are appropriate for your skill level and equipment.

For example, we spotted a bone stock blazer on skinny 27" tires through a couple of blue trails...and he emerged unscathed with a big grin...but, it was a VERY slow process.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#389051 - 04/07/07 06:29 PM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting. The only problem is how do I explain all of this to someone I'm supposed to be buying a ring for? LOL. My goal is to pay off my 04 and mod the hell out of it. Buy a new one and use the 04 for off road trips, etc. First things first. I have to buy a ring and a house w/ this girl then I'm good to go. I still may go on a few stock trails in the meantime.

#389052 - 04/07/07 07:43 PM Re: Paragon
TJ Offline

Explain?

Like she's going to "explain" why she needed ANOTHER pair of black shoes? (Like you'd undterstand, even if she did?)

laugh

Plan the mod path...wheel stock now, and upgrade as you go...just do upgrades that add, and are kept as you go, rather than stuff that gets tossed.

Longer shackles for example are great for a PML...and you KEEP them when you do (if...) a3" SL, by just adding AAL's for the other 1.5", etc.

Do the BL first, so when you get sliders or bumpers, etc...you can get them for the BL you already have...instead of getting sliders, then a BL, and then wishing you had sliders for the BL, etc.

laugh

If you are going to marry someone who is not going to support your hobbies...you are wading into a vortex.

She assumes she can change you btw...its a girl thing....so, establish ground rules while she's still ring hungry...'cause after the wedded bliss-krieg starts, its too late.

#389053 - 05/07/07 06:29 AM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your too funny.. [LOL]

#389054 - 05/07/07 12:40 PM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Women's hobbies sometime include Countless shoes, purses, clothes, etc... Of course this does not mean every women.

Ours just everything we like to do. Hunting, fishing, hiking, collecting usless stuff, wheeling, etc....

Two different worlds, two different logics.
I suggest you take her along the next trail ride for her to get the feel on why you need the mods. Who knows she might like it and help you do the mods or going wheeling again. That's what happened to my wife. Now she does everything I like to do and me the same. Of there thing we don't like but hey it makes it easier to buy things for you. All part of a master plan. (enter evil laughter)

#389055 - 06/07/07 06:21 AM Re: Paragon
TJ Offline

My wife HATES shopping for clothes and shoes, etc.

She bought me the Shrock front bumper, winch and Sliders for X-Mas a few years ago.

She did it because she knew it would make me happy.

To make her happy, I fully support her hatred of clothes and shoe shopping.

laugh

She's planning on going with me for the NIORA run in August assuming her health cooperates and I finish putting the X back together by then....

#389056 - 06/07/07 07:45 AM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shes not as bad as you all may think. As a wedding present she wanted to buy me a breitling watch. I convinced her that money would be better spent some other way. She asked what I wanted for my X and she just smiled. Is a shrock a bad wedding present?

#389057 - 06/07/07 08:00 AM Re: Paragon
TJ Offline

No.

I don't think he was born yet when I got married though.

laugh

#389058 - 06/07/07 09:05 AM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mines good too, bought me a quad a few yrs ago..

Anyway, I hope you know about ALL THREE RINGS you'll be getting!!

Engagement RING
Wedding RING
and the SuffeRING! [LOL]

MGJ

#389059 - 06/07/07 10:35 AM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not that young..I'm 26 and shes 28. C'mon now!

#389060 - 06/07/07 12:22 PM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

1) Congrats on your 100th post
2) Too young eh? Puuuleeez
3) Others: Do we have enough time to save him?

[LOL]

MGJ

#389061 - 06/07/07 12:36 PM Re: Paragon
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed the 100th too. Hah. Anyways. My partner says he's going to hit me over the head w/ a driveshaft if I ever get married.

#389062 - 08/07/07 05:17 AM Re: Paragon
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
My wife HATES shopping for clothes and shoes, etc.

She bought me the Shrock front bumper, winch and Sliders for X-Mas a few years ago.

She did it because she knew it would make me happy.

To make her happy, I fully support her hatred of clothes and shoe shopping.

Does she have a sister? smile

k_enn

#389063 - 08/07/07 08:18 AM Re: Paragon
TJ Offline

She has one older sister, and two younger sisters....and they ALL hate shopping.

Is that HOT or what.

laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal