2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94666 - 09/06/02 03:47 PM NJ Pine Barrens?
OM-Xterra Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Maybe someone can help me out we were out today off of rt70 Trying to find some trails in the pine barrens with absolutely no luck at all . As a starting point I used directions that I found here http://www.nexterra.org/pbjuly2001.htm
but Short of wheeling on someone's front lawn I couldn't find any place that looked remotely legal to go.
If anyone knows of some I'm really anxious to take my X and the girlfriend's Frontier back in the pines Thanks

#94667 - 10/06/02 04:36 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
PB is realy muddy right now ( too much rain here )
are you sure you want to go offroading in UNKNOWN place, with stock truck with out some one who knows the trails ?

(it looks like yuu are stock , accourding to your sig)

#94668 - 10/06/02 05:37 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
OM-Xterra Offline

I was considering it smile I'm not looking for any real aggressive trials. and from what I've seen going back there years ago I think the Xterra should be able to handle it. I did get my K-10 stuck when I went back there but that's because I followed my buddy through a pit and his 44's cut to deep of ruts [Laughing]

#94669 - 10/06/02 06:05 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
Olegkha Offline

I would say MOST OF THE stuff X cannot handel there
unleas you are going with some one who knows that they are doing , and know where they are going

#94670 - 10/06/02 06:24 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Don't post misinformation Oleg. You have only been to a sliver of the pine Barrens, and I went through a lot more with a totally stock Xterra with steprails. Most of the pine barrens is actually fire roads. There is mud, and waterholes, but most have go arounds. some don't, and some that don't have very solid bottoms, and are not churned up by the boggers.

I would suggest bringing a friend. It's a big place to get lost in, or stuck and lost in.

But if a honda civic can make it to the places we go, I don't think a stock Xterra should have any problem.

Oleg just has baaaaad memories of the Pine Barrens, ask him about it.... he failed to mention.....

Matt "waiting for the FU@K YOU! from Oleg" Peckham

#94671 - 10/06/02 06:51 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
OM-Xterra Offline

Thanks Matt Now just to find them smile We were just out for a Sunday drive trying to find some places to go. It's been so long since I've had a truck, most of the places I use to go are gone. Or I just forget how to get to them. It's probably been 10 years or so since I had my old Chevy.
Sunday we only brought one truck just to try to locate some trails once I find places to go we will bring the Xterra and the Frontier.

#94672 - 10/06/02 07:48 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
Olegkha Offline

Matt : get your ass to your mail box, and answer your email about ecxc !

I was not talking about Fire roads (Matt: shows how much you know) in Pine barrens , i was talking about more interesting stuff there, i have been to pine barrens number of times, even after my fuck up of fliping my truck, and i still think going back there with out a guide with stock X is a VERY DUMB idea

some SMALL water puddles are actualy deep mud holles ( last time we were there with fullsize K5 blazer, who managed to suck water in a puddle you would noth think twice of going through looked very small )

Swampy managed to stuck his X, with 33 swampers ( or what ever the hell they are ), and blazer who was with him , and they waked out of the woods for 4-5 miles, to the road, only to be picked up and brough back the next day to get their trucks out ( and swampy is Pine barrens King !)

So what i am trying to say (MATT), it would be very bad idea for some one to go there wiht out knoweledge of the woods, AND no knoweledge/equipment that is needed for offroading

#94673 - 10/06/02 08:49 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
OM-Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Olegkha:
Matt : get your ass to your mail box, and answer your email about ecxc !

I was not talking about Fire roads (Matt: shows how much you know) in Pine barrens , i was talking about more interesting stuff there, i have been to pine barrens number of times, even after my fuck up of fliping my truck, and i still think going back there with out a guide with stock X is a VERY DUMB idea

some SMALL water puddles are actualy deep mud holles ( last time we were there with fullsize K5 blazer, who managed to suck water in a puddle you would noth think twice of going through looked very small )

Swampy managed to stuck his X, with 33 swampers ( or what ever the hell they are ), and blazer who was with him , and they waked out of the woods for 4-5 miles, to the road, only to be picked up and brough back the next day to get their trucks out ( and swampy is Pine barrens King !)

So what i am trying to say (MATT), it would be very bad idea for some one to go there wiht out knoweledge of the woods, AND no knoweledge/equipment that is needed for offroading
So what your saying that even if I went with the pine barren King I would have gotten stuck and had to walk back anyway, This is different then me getting stuck all by myself which is a bad Idea ?
Sorry couldn't resist [Smoking]
I was just looking for some fire roads maybe some
little hills and just playing around in the sand.
I would avoid anything that I wasn't confident that I could get through. I want to keep my X in good shape so no flooding the interior for this truck like my last one. And I'm definitely not going up anything that will test the limits of my roof rack as a roll bar laugh

#94674 - 10/06/02 04:53 PM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
OM-Xterra,

I live 20 minutes for the Pine Barrons. E-mail me if you want to check it out.

I think Oleg is warning you because he rolled his truck there last year.

Stone

#94675 - 10/06/02 07:07 PM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
OM-Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
OM-Xterra,

Stone
Very Nice Thank You I'll have to take you up on that offer.
I was just picking on Oleg it was a slow day at work laugh

#94676 - 11/06/02 03:47 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
Olegkha Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
OM-Xterra,

Stone
No,
I have been to pine barrens more then ones, after i rolled my truck there, and i have been stuck there more then ones in what LOOKED like a small mud puddle
and having noone else there to pull me out would realy suck ass

all i was saying that going offroad in a place you have never been to in truck that is not set up for offroading (in that particular terrain), Alone, is THE DUMBEST idea ANY one come up with !

any one who dont agree with my last comment ?

#94677 - 11/06/02 05:40 AM Re: NJ Pine Barrens?
OM-Xterra Offline

I wasn't planning on going alone my girlfriend has a 2002 Frontier she would be coming along so that we could pull each other out.
We were just out last Sunday trying to find a good place to enter the pine barrens. Good thing we didn't take two trucks because we didn't find any place to enter that didn't run into someone's back yard or some sort of camp.
All I'm asking here is for directions to a good location to enter the pines.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal