Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391466 - 09/12/04 09:47 PM Product Review of Prowelders.com
Kinetic Offline

Loc: Bristol, Tn
As many of you in the nissan community know, I had my xterra at the prowelders shop in Columbus Ohio. I chose to do this because at the time I decided to do my SAS, I did not have the skills, nor the tools to do this.

Mr. VanMeter quoted me a lower price than any other shop at the time, so naturally I decided to go ahead with, at the time, Plushfab. At the time, I had not seen any work upclose to see the quality, or lack there of i should say.

Mr. VanMeter's customer relations are also not the greatest. You can be refered to his reactions in this thread on the Stone Cutters BB.
MVM is a Bitch

Great prep work on the herculiner there buddy... it peeled off with out any help from me.

These are some oh so cool wheel spacers you used... 8 flat washers. Thats real safe isnt it? You can also see my new knuckle in the background to fix my steering problem. And yes, the washers are removed on both sides now.

Caused my the draglink rubbing the passenger side leaf spring... thats real safe isnt it?

This occured on I-26 in Asheville, NC. The entire tire and bar fell off and nearly hit the minivan behind me.

There are a few other things wrong with the truck when I recieved it. The front shackles were flat against the frame with zero room for uptravel, and the shocks only allowed one inch of uptravel. I will post pictures of this also once I sort through the rest of the ones I have.

As you can see, The quality of the work was poor, and it was rushed. Many other things were also not done like they said they would be. I was asked to pay extra for a driveshaft made by Tom Woods. Instead a recieved a driveshaft from Columbus Clutch and Joint. There are many other things I could go on about, but this right here will let you know how I feel about the product and service I recieved. I would avoid this chop shop if I had it to do all over again.

#391467 - 10/12/04 01:35 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Just in time for the holidays.

I'd love to tell everyone "I told you so", but I won't.

#391468 - 10/12/04 01:57 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I have added this to my board, not that anyone was considering his work.

#391469 - 10/12/04 02:45 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
Kinetic Offline

Loc: Bristol, Tn
Its ok Ian. I'll take my crow well done and burned [LOL]

#391470 - 10/12/04 02:57 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
dang bryan looking at all the posts on all the boards.

This guy did alot of people wrong. It's gonna be VERY hard for him to go back into business again ANYWHERE in the offroading community. Thanks for the heads up.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#391471 - 10/12/04 02:58 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

So what is your current situation with your X?

Doing your own work? someone else? running? SAS?

#391472 - 13/12/04 02:54 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
OMG! where did you dig up that pic from? Snarl's Nekkid Welding Werewuf Club?

That's just wrong. laugh

#391473 - 13/12/04 03:17 PM Re: Product Review of Prowelders.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kinetic, Holy Crap, you'd have done better yourself. Most other people would have thought the spacers were acceptable. [LOL]
Also I hope that guy doesn't get a spark you know where! OOch!
I'm glad you came out relatively unscathed. Good luck.
PS. Allways avoid the lowest bidder. They are usually low balling to get the work. Unless you can have everything decided up front and in writing. I'd personally get 3 quotes to repair his work. Pick the Middle and shell out the dough. Then take his ass to court to pay for it. Check your local small claims court for restrictions. This guy has no business doing business. "period"

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal