2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396093 - 16/01/07 08:57 AM L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

To make my long story short...

Over a year ago at an MXO event we raffled out a gift cert to a free upgraded centerling for L&P. I was the lucky recepient. I waited for quite a while to get it, as my stock centerlink was still fine and the cert was good for a year.

About nine months later I emailed them and everything seemed to be fine. I believe I spoke to Lee and after a few emails he asked me for my shipping address and told me that he was gonna ship it out to me. He also asked if I could send my stock one in, and I agreed.

Time went by and I got nothing. I sent and email and got another responce telling me not to worry about it and it's gonna be sent out soon.

This was about 3 months ago. I have sent a few emails since and have gotten no responce what so ever. I have sent emails to their generic address posted on the site as well as Lee or Phil, I do not remember exactly who it was.

Nothing. Not even a simple reply back. I've sent courteous and respectful emails. I've never blamed, offended or otherwise disrespected them or the company at any time, yet I have not heard from them at all.

I'm starting to feel my centerlink wear with 33x12.5 tires and I don't know what I should do at this point.

I would like to call them but there's no phone number posted. A few select members of the MXO have tried to help me out, knowing the guys at L&P but still no result.

Maybe someone out here can give me a hand with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for all the help. I'm not trying to bash the guys at L&P in my post, as I understand that things can happend and we already have a limited supply of aftermaret parts, but this is getting a little rediculous.

#396094 - 16/01/07 09:27 AM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

PM sent

#396095 - 16/01/07 09:45 AM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Tyler, we'll keep in touch!

#396096 - 16/01/07 11:24 AM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, keep this in mind: You're getting this thing for free so have a little patience. I don't think your not going to get it and just get ahold of them by phone and I'm sure you will get a reasonable explaination.

#396097 - 16/01/07 11:30 AM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skaggs, they do not list/have a phone number to to get a hold of them. I wish it was that easy. :rolleyes:

Every possible way of getting in touch that I know of has been tried. I actually looked at my sent emails today. I spoke to them in September. That's a bit too long.

#396098 - 16/01/07 11:48 AM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

There just was a post about this on the other board too:

I had the same problem for a couple months and didn't hear from and couldn't contact L or P.

I finally found working numbers for them but it still took a few calls to even find out if the ball was rolling. At least a confirmation of payment received would be nice.

Phil: (217) 351-8316

Lee: (812) 236-5403

http://higherground4x4.com/xterra_steering_1.htm

#396099 - 16/01/07 12:19 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have sent them an email to try and get a steering set-up sent to me but no luck.. Let me know if you have any.

#396100 - 16/01/07 01:15 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skathkins, thanks man, I'll give those numbers a shot!

#396101 - 16/01/07 01:58 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same problem, it was great when ordering but when it was about a month in... nothin. Many emails with no response was a big pain in the ass. You will get it, but dont hold your breath. The great up side to it all is that the product is top notch.

#396102 - 16/01/07 02:31 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you know if the people get pissed if they call. Are they private numbers?

I ordered the system about 3 weeks ago and want to make sure that they recieved it.

#396103 - 16/01/07 02:42 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Skaggs, they do not list/have a phone number to to get a hold of them. I wish it was that easy. :rolleyes:

Every possible way of getting in touch that I know of has been tried. I actually looked at my sent emails today. I spoke to them in September. That's a bit too long.
Yeah, that is a bit long. Wonder what's goin on over there confused Backlog of orders and no one to answer phones and do the work at the same time?

Is this company just 2 guys? If that is the case, then the need to hire a staff.

#396104 - 16/01/07 05:27 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, two guys. And I believe one is the working guy while the other apologizes for him. From what I've read on NOR, he apparently goes through a crises every 6 month or so and has to be coaxed back to working.

I know how harsh that sounds, but seriously, you have to represent what you're selling.
I just chalked it up to: the money I saved by going with them, is the money they save by cutting out the customer service part of their op. Which in the long run, works out, but it's scary sometimes giving your money to complete stangers and trusting that you'll get something eventually in return.

I'm sure everyone here is used to waiting longer than expected for parts to come in; that's not the problem. The problem would be the utter lack of communication during the transaction, especially when drawn to length.

Yes they are their private numbers. I don't have a problem giving them out, they should have one listed on their site. I had no luck with emails.

Now excuse me, I need to put my angry eyes away and get back to work.

#396105 - 16/01/07 05:37 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
We have a WPAXC member who won the system last July at ECXC that is still waiting as well. Yeah its free but if you don't want to give one away, don't offer it. [Uh Oh !]

#396106 - 16/01/07 05:41 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Powerguy38:
We have a WPAXC member who won the system last July at ECXC that is still waiting as well. Yeah its free but if you don't want to give one away, don't offer it. [Uh Oh !]
Right on, Dana.

#396107 - 16/01/07 05:55 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

a glimpse inside..
CLICKY

[Uh Oh !]

#396108 - 16/01/07 07:45 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same problem but Chefftyler helped me out and they sent me everything and it was all settled. So far the sterring is good.

#396109 - 21/01/07 10:32 PM Re: L&P. Need some help here
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crap.. I think I will just go with the SLR and have the comfort of mind that I will get my Steering in a timely matter..

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal