2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396771 - 03/05/02 11:48 PM Calmini: Exhaust ?
Xtasy Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I just purchased the HiFlow exhaust for my '02 SEV6 and found that the fittings aren't same as the factory.

On the stock system, the shorter pipe from the Y to the front of the muffler has a heafty connection point that isn't on the Calmini system?

I would be ok with adding this to my truck if: this wasn't such a heafty connection (only connection between the manifold and muffler); this upgrade voids my warrenty and the lack of this connection would causes a greater risk of me damaging my system; and I could easily have the connector added by a local muffler shop.

Courtesy Nissan is being great about finding out why this system says it is for the '02's but is missing a very key connector.

#396772 - 04/05/02 01:57 AM Re: Calmini: Exhaust ?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
The connection is not there because the CALMINI exhaust weighs a lot less than the factory exhaust (all Xterras have that mounting bracket, not just 2002 models).

The bracket supports the factory muffler because it starts just behind the bracket and is 2 and a half feet long. The CALMINI muffler is much shorter and is supported by the middle bracket attached to the muffler itself.

I've had no problem with mine in the last 8 months.

Here's the bracket which is not reused, which appears to be made up of several parts from the Nissan spare parts bin. It is a hunk, and probably uses much of its' strength supporting itself.

BTW, your warranty is not voided by installing an exhaust system.

If you are concerned, bolt the bracket up and have a shop weld a tab to the front tube to match it.

#396773 - 04/05/02 12:34 PM Re: Calmini: Exhaust ?
Xtasy Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
The connection is not there because the CALMINI exhaust weighs a lot less than the factory exhaust (all Xterras have that mounting bracket, not just 2002 models).
Thanks, your answer is excellent and very much appreciated! I will take your advise and move forward with my installation. Can't wait to have those extra horses, better gas milage and sweet notes coming from my tailpipe!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal