Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391656 - 23/07/02 12:16 PM Calmini UCA's
B Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA
After installing my Calmini lift kit, I took the truck into get aligned, and the guy at the shop said that the camber was as close as he could get it to specs, and that the UCA's needed to be about 1/2" longer to get it back in spec . .. has anyone run into this or am I missing something? (pls forgive the FNG here)

#391657 - 23/07/02 12:20 PM Re: Calmini UCA's
XCETRA Offline

Loc: Utah
That is BS, they can put it back to alignment. Take it to the dealer, they got mine in alignment.

Lazy mechanics will give you any excuse in the world.

Makes sure you have about a fingers length between your bumpstops as well.

#391658 - 23/07/02 12:32 PM Re: Calmini UCA's
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
First time I've heard of UCAs that were too short. The AC ones have been too long now and then. Too short would have to be waaay too short.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#391659 - 23/07/02 12:32 PM Re: Calmini UCA's
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
A fingers thickness, not length. This is the first I've heard of CALMINI UCA's not coming into alignment.

#391660 - 23/07/02 01:09 PM Re: Calmini UCA's
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
My Caster didn't quite spec out with the Calmini arms, but I didn't have the T-bars cranked up all the way when I had it done (was still waiting for the new ones), so that may have played a roll. I also had it done at a tire store, so... Since I'm also putting the steering system in later, I wasn't too concerned about it. When that's done I will make sure the alignment is as perfect as possible.

No problems with Camber though and the arms sure are purty! laugh I think your alignment guy might have been on crack if he thought the arms were that far off.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal