Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393760 - 23/06/03 12:22 AM Two thumbs up for Dave at Calmini!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Just wanted to publicly thank Dave at Calmini for taking the time to put up with my obsessive compulsiveness and for basically working his arse off for me!

Story goes...

I have an event coming up this week that everyone will here about later. I will say at this time is that it involves Nissan and the press. Well, due to my transmission problems I was uninvited because the organizers were afraid my transmission would self destruct in front of a camera and embarrass Nissan and them.

So, on Wednesday I got off my butt and started making arrangemenets to get the new transmission in. I called Calmini for a Centerforce clutch and Centerforce confirmed with him that they had one and so they overnighted it to me. Dave called me several times that day to confirm what was happening on updating me on status. Well, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any, so turns out Centerforce sent me the wrong clutch. I sent Dave a FAX Thursday night showing the clutch I got and what the Centerforce website showed I was suppose to have. Friday morning, Dave called me and made arrangements to pick up the one I got and asked Centerforce to send the correct one. They didn't have one in stock so he put a rush on it and they are making it to ship Monday for overnight delivery so it will be on my desk at work Tuesday morning before the dealer needs it.

Anyway, it looks like everything is going to come together thanks to Dave at Calmini. He definately has gone the extra mile (or two or three!) for me and put forth much more effort than I could have expected from anyone. Thanks to him I should be able to leave town Wednesday night for the press event Thursday and Friday. Polished and waxed the truck this weekend and just need a transmission and clutch and I'm good to go!

While I'm at it, I should also thank Ken at Gundies Auto Recycling in Bellingham Washington. He has also been excellent to work with in getting me a transmission.

OK, thanks to Nate at Campbell Nelson Nissan in Lynnwood, WA too for putting up with my 10 calls and helping me get the details in order quickly!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS: Someone at Calmini pulled all the stops for me once before too in order to get my steering system! ABsolutely top notch customer service!

#393761 - 24/06/03 09:04 PM Re: Two thumbs up for Dave at Calmini!
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey Chuck,
I've got to agree with you on Calmini's "Excellent Customer Service"...

I just installed my Calmini Steering System last week, and I called Calmini several time during the install to ask them questions on removal & replacement of different parts of the system. They were more than happy to explain what these parts were & what they were used for...

I have nothing but praise to Calmini and to everyone who works there...Excellent!!!

From Andy...Formerly a PNWX Member!!!

#393762 - 25/06/03 11:16 AM Re: Two thumbs up for Dave at Calmini!
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:
Hey Chuck,
I've got to agree with you on Calmini's "Excellent Customer Service"...

I just installed my Calmini Steering System last week, and I called Calmini several time during the install to ask them questions on removal & replacement of different parts of the system. They were more than happy to explain what these parts were & what they were used for...

I have nothing but praise to Calmini and to everyone who works there...Excellent!!!

From Andy...Formerly a PNWX Member!!!
I wondered if you had fallen of the face of the earth???? laugh Haven't heard from you in a year and a half!

-Rick

#393763 - 26/06/03 08:10 PM Re: Two thumbs up for Dave at Calmini!
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey Rick,

I'm still here...Alive and well in California...

I moved to fix Helicopters for the Air Force Gaurd, and pays really well...

No jobs in Oregon at that time and almost lost my X...That would be bad...HAHA!

If you guys would like to plan a trip with our club, let me know...(NCCX) or nccxterra.com

It's good to hear from you and Chuck... [Wave]

Bye for now,

#393764 - 26/06/03 09:00 PM Re: Two thumbs up for Dave at Calmini!
Claus Offline

Andy!.Good to see you came out on top.

Chucks X looked like new. He is as we speak smooching with over 30 Journalists from all the major car/truck mags....more to follow

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal