2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395474 - 24/12/04 03:22 PM New Calmini SAS Update Shots
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
For all of you SAS junkies out there here are a few new shots of the optional sway bar for the Calmini SAS kit. The tube that hold the sway bar will be standard, but the bar, ends and brackets will be optional.

There will be a separate drive line kit, sway bar kit, and rear spring kit. All of these parts will be based on a car running 33" tires. These kits will be optional so folks going over 33" tires won't have to pay for items that they won't be able to use.

The sway bar has helped out the onroad driving quite a bit. The shocks were set up a little on the soft side. They are now set up a little stiffer and along with the sway bar allow for very good handling on the turns. I will be trying it out offroad over the next few days and reporting back.

-Doug

#395475 - 24/12/04 04:09 PM Re: New Calmini SAS Update Shots
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Looks good!

#395476 - 24/12/04 04:37 PM Re: New Calmini SAS Update Shots
Anonymous
Unregistered

Schaweet!

Looks like a different skid as well?

I love the 'modular' idea, getting what you need/want and not getting other stuff. Very forward thinking.

Release date yet? I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. Going to have to pull the trigger on something pretty soon. Cage going in next week.

#395477 - 24/12/04 08:37 PM Re: New Calmini SAS Update Shots
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Schaweet!

Looks like a different skid as well?

I love the 'modular' idea, getting what you need/want and not getting other stuff. Very forward thinking.

Release date yet? I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. Going to have to pull the trigger on something pretty soon. Cage going in next week.
Allen,

Same skid just notched for the sway bar. The cross member was changed slighly for the swaybar.

Calmini is going to do one more Xterra (one of their own) to make sure that everything from the production specs fit right. You should see something on the web site very soon. They sent a kit to the powdercoater. When they get it back they will be able to photgraph it and put it up on the website. In the mean time call or email me if you need any more info.

-Doug

#395478 - 25/12/04 07:54 PM Re: New Calmini SAS Update Shots
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
Very nice! I actually saw your truck at Calmini in Bakersfield the other day. Watched them ramp it with the swaybar on.Impressive ,even with the swaybar on. Your truck looks sweet! The system looks very clean and well thought out. It made my lifted X look small by comparison.

On another note the lifted 05 Xterra they have parked outside looks pretty sweet as well.

Josh

#395479 - 26/01/05 10:37 AM Re: New Calmini SAS Update Shots
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico
Nice pics Doug... [ThumbsUp]

Why the scratches shown in the last pic? hardcore offroading?

Regarding the rear end, do you have finished it? how it looks?... some pics would be great...

Thank you...

Abiel
www.abielg.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal