2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391768 - 20/05/05 04:26 PM SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
Well I thought I'd give them a chance like others have and I'm not going to go on and on about the lack of service thus far, but I need someone's help.

When I call the phone # given on the website, it states that the phone is out of service. Also, the online contact form doesn't seem to work. So basically, I ordered my shocks last week, haven't heard anything since, and have no way to contact them. Anyone have a working phone # and/or email address??? Thanks!

#391769 - 20/05/05 04:35 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was given this new phone number by SLR
951-688-2025

Good luck,

Cavv123

#391770 - 20/05/05 06:07 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't said anything yet either, but it's been 2 weeks since i ordered my shocks and no replies or updates on my order status. Worst thing about it is that i emailed them b4 i ordered to check the availability of the product i was to purchase, and their prompt reply was "in stock and ready to ship"

#391771 - 21/05/05 06:21 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Well I guess they haven't stuck to their word about having a better customer relationship. :rolleyes:

#391772 - 21/05/05 07:40 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered mine on the 11th and they said they would be in Colorado on the 13th. No show on the 15th, called them and they said they were on the UPS truck that was leaving on the 15th. He said he would e-mail a tracking number, but he didn't. Is that a sign they weren't shipped?

They did say they were in stock and ready to go. My question is why would you wait a whole week to ship something in stock? Do they care?

If I don't have them by Tuesday, I will have to find another shop to replace my broken shock.

#391773 - 21/05/05 11:44 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I find a phone call is way faster to those guys...the e-mails seem to get read maybe weekly or something.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#391774 - 21/05/05 01:50 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
I find a phone call is way faster to those guys...the e-mails seem to get read maybe weekly or something.

laugh
I think it's more like monthly.. laugh

#391775 - 21/05/05 02:59 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
bpdA Offline

Guess I should have actually listened to the majority who warned away from SLR. I'll be canceling my order from them Monday if I can't get an answer from them. Thanks for the phone #.

#391776 - 21/05/05 04:10 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Izvin1 Offline

Loc: Escondido, CA
I have purcahsed a lot from SLR in the past. Yes, the customer service sucks mad but the parts (in my opinion) are far superior to others offered. If it is a part you can get elsewhere (shocks), I might suggest doing so. As far as suspension, lift, steering....order and eventually they will show up.

Proud to be an American

#391777 - 21/05/05 05:31 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

The fucked up thing about it is that they lied about the availability of the product to more than 1 person

#391778 - 21/05/05 08:14 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

SLR customer service sucks the f-ing big one, we should stop even writing customer service when writing SLR. Spencer's word means jack shit to me, he has told me that my parts have been sent, so i said tell me a con # and he says he will call me back, bull shit if I lived in CA I would have kicked his ass 7 weeks ago when he said that the lift that I ordered would be at my door in 2. And yes still no lift. If you pay the man over a $1000 dollers you won't to no something. I fell much better now.
I do belive his products are the best, but Dam. [Finger]

#391779 - 23/05/05 12:12 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chill out people.... quality takes time.. Keep in mind the operation just moved to another state, etc..

There are 3 ways to go about something: Good, Fast, and Cheap. You may pick any two.

If you want it Good and Cheap, it isn't going to be Fast

If you want it Good and Fast, it isn't going to be Cheap

If you want it Fast and Cheap, it isn't going to be good.

I'll take Good and Cheap any day....

#391780 - 23/05/05 02:36 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll take honest and reliable over all of your 3 options. Lying to your customers flat out, which they did in my case, is a quick way to not get returners. I'll pass on SLR when it comes time for a lift. First off i know how the supply chain works and I realize shit happens. The Bils are probably on backorder which in no way is SLR's fault. However the blame can be placed on nobody else when it comes to misleading customers, period

#391781 - 23/05/05 05:33 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chill out?

Why? If they say something is in stock and will ship that day, but it doesn't for over a week. That is just piss-poor buisness practice. I got my shocks today. Nothing special about them, so when I order the fronts, hello someone else.

If SLR was honest, I may have considered ordering the fronts from them. But they out-right lied [ThumbsDown] .

#391782 - 23/05/05 07:05 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

SLR should have posted there new info address ect. on web site. They should have thought about posting on there web site that they are moving and orders will take a extra 3-4 weeks, I would have been cool with that if I new it. Spencer could have sent out a email or phone call saying hey sorry thAT IT IS TAKING SO LONG it will take 2 more weeks not a I sent it, or I'm woring on it right now, I say bull shit I have your money and there nothing you can do about, it but wait.
On a good note I did get a tracking # today from SLR and the lift for my wifes X will be in Wed. And yes I had to call him to get it , and yes he lied to me again, said he sent my lift 3 day mail, NO it left last Thursday. F-them! [Finger]

#391783 - 26/05/05 04:55 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
bpdA Offline

Well I finally got a hold of someone on the phone and they stated that the shocks were drop shipped from Bilstein and should be on their way to me already. He was going to check today and either call or email me with a status update. Communication is key and just this little bit that I got yesterday afternoon made me feel much better. I'm still not happy overall, but its progress, right? Thanks again for everyone's help.

#391784 - 27/05/05 02:24 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, spencer called me today personally and apologized for the delay. I haven't called him to get the tracking number yet, but he said they shipped out a couple days ago.

#391785 - 27/05/05 07:14 PM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
bpdA Offline

i'm glad someone got a call. I never did hear back from them on my order. i frankly don't know how they have been able to stay in business with service this poor. [ThumbsDown]

#391786 - 16/06/05 10:05 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Wow, same stories/excuses I got when I ordered my bilsteins last year, yes they are in stock, yes they are shipping, they are sitting on the loading dock right now waiting to be picked up by UPS, I'll send you a tracking number, they are now being drop shipped straight from bilstein. All of it was BS, only difference is he totally ignored my request to cancel and sent them out the next day, of course not the full order, the 2nd set of shocks took another week to arrive. I say get some new excuses already...

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#391787 - 16/06/05 11:11 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Mapman:
Wow, same stories/excuses I got when I ordered my bilsteins last year, yes they are in stock, yes they are shipping, they are sitting on the loading dock right now waiting to be picked up by UPS, I'll send you a tracking number, they are now being drop shipped straight from bilstein. All of it was BS, only difference is he totally ignored my request to cancel and sent them out the next day, of course not the full order, the 2nd set of shocks took another week to arrive. I say get some new excuses already...
well that sure makes sense.

Bring up a 3 week old post to bitch about a year old issue. an issue that took place prior to SLR moving from AZ to SoCal...

Spencer is a good guy and in case you didn't notice they are not a HUGE company, their delivery delays are directly tied to their supplies, sometimes they really do tell you one thing because their distributers have told them its the case... anyway it's not difficult to call them and it's quite easy to talk directly to Spencer. If you call and are not an asshole you get much better treatment.

jesus haven't we covered this before... have you ever owned a 4x4? the aftermarket companies for the most part are small companies who run into problems... even if you were smart enough to buy a Jeep so you would have the options of bigger companies to deal with... you still have problems... welcome to aftermarket 4x4 modification.

#391788 - 17/06/05 10:17 AM Re: SLR CONTACT INFORMATION
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:

I got my shocks today. Nothing special about them, so when I order the fronts, hello someone else.

If SLR was honest, I may have considered ordering the fronts from them. But they out-right lied [ThumbsDown] .
Are just ordering run-of-the-mill Bils? Of so, try Eshocks.com No wait, no hassle.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal