2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397135 - 12/03/06 02:30 PM Check out this new jack!
bikesdestroy Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs

From Pangaea Expeditions web site :

ARB Bushranger XJack
The latest offering from ARB is the Bushranger XJack. To jack your vehicle up, you simply place the jack under your vehicle, hook the inflation hose up to your vehicles exhaust pipe, and start the vehicle. At full inflation, the Xjack raises the vehicle up to 30" and is capable of supporting 8,800lbs.

Each Xjack comes with a heavy duty storage bag, exhaust connection hose, puncture repair kit, ground mat, and work gloves.

Bushranger XJack (72X10US) - $219.95

Troy [drink]

#397136 - 12/03/06 02:36 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow. That thing looks pretty cool. You don't have to worry about it sinking in the sand. Good idea.

[ThumbsUp]

#397137 - 12/03/06 02:42 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Pretty cool.
On a side note. I dont think Tree wires are needed in the desert. wink

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#397138 - 12/03/06 04:23 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The bolts on the front skids look like they are falling out too.

laugh

I think this apps prime advantage over other jacking methods would be in sucking mud...I think this would float the rig up out of it....the problem might be how to drive off of it once up.

For tire changing/reseating, etc....its should be golden.

For $225 though, that's an expensive jack.

I think a frustrating break down would be where you wanted to jack it up to work on the engine say, because it wasn't running...

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#397139 - 12/03/06 04:58 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks cool. Makes tire rotations a lot easier.

#397140 - 12/03/06 05:27 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Wont this jack burn or melt on the exhaust?

BTW.. That is a really cool ARB bumper. I love the integrated driving lights/directionals,
And a nice gunmetal grey.

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#397141 - 12/03/06 05:43 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

-TJ is right,you can carry with you what you
need (CWYD)otherwise there's no off road excitement--right??--JIMBO

#397142 - 12/03/06 06:08 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the bumper on the 4runner... looks really cool... cant wait for them to come up with a bumper for the new xterra's. It'll be tough to out do what shrockworks has done.

I would think that inflatable jack might blow if put on rocks so it might not be a good idea for trails.... or rockcrawling...

#397143 - 12/03/06 07:08 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats a great idea. Those types of lifts have been around for years, mostly in the fire/resuce service. They run off compressed air. Now what happens if you have an aftermarket exhaust with a large chrome tip. Will the hose fit over that?

#397144 - 12/03/06 07:14 PM Re: Check out this new jack!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I wonder if it has some sorta valve that closes it and keeps the air in it,cause that would make one hell of a beach ball.. [LOL]

#397145 - 13/03/06 05:50 AM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

How big is it when deflated? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

#397146 - 13/03/06 07:09 AM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

i posted on this awile back, they pretty neat but I heard alot of problems that the backpressure would burn up the valves and it didn't hold the pressure very well. They've been using them in the outback for like 20 years so they got to be worth it

#397147 - 13/03/06 07:15 AM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm I can see that being useful in snow, mud sand...

#397148 - 18/03/06 06:00 AM Re: Check out this new jack!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave D:
Thats a great idea. Those types of lifts have been around for years, mostly in the fire/resuce service. They run off compressed air. Now what happens if you have an aftermarket exhaust with a large chrome tip. Will the hose fit over that?
We used these in my fire service for stabilizing vehicles. They are great if used the way they are intended. Ours ran off the exhaust, not compressed air. Other services used those, but I have had no experience with them. I would not think that an aftermaket tip would create any problem, although I can't be certain about this model. Our models fit over a 6 inch exhaust, and could fit much smaller if needed. (I think I put it on my old chevy truck once)

01SalsaXterra, When I used these there was no problem with the exhaust being too hot, or any signs of potential melting. Although we didn't run them for extended periods of time. I wouldn't recommend trying that either.

These things were extremely useful when used in the right circumstances.

Biggest advantages: Jacks very quickly, and high. (We even stacked 2 once, not recommended btw) If you need to get higher, make a base out of some stacked 4x4 blocks. Provides flotation for softer jacking surfaces. The few times we got to use these off pavement (on road shoulders and ditches) they worked quite well. I can't say as we ever tried them in sand or mud, but I imagine they'd work great in those situations.

Big disadvantages: Must keep engine running, and under some circumstances had to keep engine at a high idle. A blowout, or coming loose from the exhaust will drop a vehicle in a hurry.

If you plan on using something like this for lifting your vehicle, and need it to be suspended for an extended amount of time, use cribbing or something to rest under the frame. Although I know it's not too practical for most, we carried a few 4x4 wood blocks, cut to about 2 feet long, to stack and put under the frame.

Quote:
i posted on this awile back, they pretty neat but I heard alot of problems that the backpressure would burn up the valves and it didn't hold the pressure very well.
As for that, I have no idea how the use affected the engine in the short term or the long term. All I know is we saw no change in engine characteristics, although hooking it to a fire truck is a bit different than the X.

Hope this helps.

#397149 - 18/03/06 08:23 AM Re: Check out this new jack!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
How soon we forget, this was discussed in parts/accessories a couple of months ago... laugh
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003979

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal