2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393876 - 24/07/06 07:03 AM Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok so at ECXC i rode the X pretty hard, did the advanced trails, which punished my X but had a blast. But on the way home from PA to NC, about 20 minutes into the drive there was a loud SNAP, looking under the truck, i see this.

Now i dont wheel harder than most. But I just wanted to see if anyone has snapped the calmini leafs that come with the three inch lift... Im probably going to give them a call and send them the snapped leafs to look at them. Just wanted to put this out there, might be a freak occurance but better safe then sorry. Off topic, i need to do some research on getting a replacement. Anyone have advice on a new set of leaf packs (complete, i want to replace them all) from anyone?

-Andrew

#393877 - 24/07/06 08:26 AM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go with Alcan Springs out of Grand Junction.
Alpine Spirit just got some and they build them to spec for your vehicle, how much gear you normally carry, how high you want to be, etc... laugh

Here's the thread Alcan Spring Thread

#393878 - 24/07/06 09:09 AM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have never heard of anyone snapping an add a leaf... yet. But I have snapped the main leaf a few times.

#393879 - 24/07/06 09:50 AM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only problem I've had with Calmini to date (besides their low-quality powder coating mad ) is their torsion bars stripping out my factory t-bar anchor. Second set of anchors so far, no problems. Definitely going to keep an eye on my AAL pack from now on though...thanks for the heads up!

[drink]

#393880 - 24/07/06 12:51 PM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

I snapped an AC one with my Frontier a couple years back. I've also broken 3 stock secondary leaves as well. I now have BDS packs in the Frontier, and my Xterra has the SLR 3pack (only because I got them used for cheap, else it'd have Calmini hardware)

Is that the 2 pack Calmini AAL with a factory 2 leaf setup, or a single with the factory 3 leaf setup?

#393881 - 24/07/06 02:04 PM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 and 2... I would love the slr one but 600 bucks is hella steep right now... I dont know if i should cobble something together and get used pack + new add a leafs or just spring for the SLR full pack and not worry about it anymore....

#393882 - 24/07/06 02:06 PM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
I have never heard of anyone snapping an add a leaf... yet
Well now you have :-) not just one but both of calmini add a leafs

#393883 - 24/07/06 02:35 PM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alcan sent me the wrong spring pack when I ordered mine. They sent me packs for a 1gen and I have an 05. They are willing to cut someone a deal that want these. They were made for a 2.5" lift.

EDIT: Military wrap with 9 leafs.

#393884 - 24/07/06 02:42 PM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC and SLR both sell 3 pack AAL sets for reasonable.

Then again, I'd contact Calmini first...Maybe they'd help you out.

#393885 - 24/07/06 03:30 PM Re: Calmini add a leaf snaps
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ran the Calmini AALs for 4 years, hard. Not a problem. More recently, (with the new SAS springpacks on)I slammed my truck down hard enough to stand it on one wheel. Not one leaf was broken, although, one has bent sharply but not yet failed. I'd say it's an isolated incident and no fault of the companys. As for a replacement, yeah, get their SAS packs, or go with the Alcans..
[Smoking]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal