To make my long story short...

Over a year ago at an MXO event we raffled out a gift cert to a free upgraded centerling for L&P. I was the lucky recepient. I waited for quite a while to get it, as my stock centerlink was still fine and the cert was good for a year.

About nine months later I emailed them and everything seemed to be fine. I believe I spoke to Lee and after a few emails he asked me for my shipping address and told me that he was gonna ship it out to me. He also asked if I could send my stock one in, and I agreed.

Time went by and I got nothing. I sent and email and got another responce telling me not to worry about it and it's gonna be sent out soon.

This was about 3 months ago. I have sent a few emails since and have gotten no responce what so ever. I have sent emails to their generic address posted on the site as well as Lee or Phil, I do not remember exactly who it was.

Nothing. Not even a simple reply back. I've sent courteous and respectful emails. I've never blamed, offended or otherwise disrespected them or the company at any time, yet I have not heard from them at all.

I'm starting to feel my centerlink wear with 33x12.5 tires and I don't know what I should do at this point.

I would like to call them but there's no phone number posted. A few select members of the MXO have tried to help me out, knowing the guys at L&P but still no result.

Maybe someone out here can give me a hand with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for all the help. I'm not trying to bash the guys at L&P in my post, as I understand that things can happend and we already have a limited supply of aftermaret parts, but this is getting a little rediculous.