2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#400381 - 28/05/04 12:38 PM GoneMoab Footage?
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
As you may know, I'm still compiling a video for GoneMoab.

Some people were nice enough to send me their video from goneMoab. So is there anyone else who has some video they'd like me to put in the final video?

I finally got my camera back from repair, so I can take two formats. One, the actual MiniDV tape.

Two, if you capture the files and put the raw AVI's on a DVDR. Not as a DVD, so it can't play in your DVD player, but as a DVD with just files on it. They only hold about 4.7gigs, so you may need to send quite a bit of them.

If you send me the miniDV tape, I'll send it back to you, give me a month or so to give it back though.

I need everything in about a week so I can finish (~07/07/04).

To get idea of what it's going to look like, version2
(And remember even the first 2 minutes aren't done yet, those are holder titles and the split screen screws up sometimes)

Thanks.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#400382 - 28/05/04 07:09 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Excellent video...somehow I like the editing and pace of this version better(who knows, maybe it was just the change of music) either way, thought it was a great beginning....dissapointed this one stops just before Ian's cat though!!! Love that thing.....

#400383 - 29/05/04 05:29 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
Hustler Offline

Loc: ogden,ut
I'll try and track down the Potato Salad video.

#400384 - 29/05/04 06:10 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jorge, Sup? I've got a good 45 minutes of MiniDV for you, I've just got to copy the tape and I'll send you one. I'm not gonna' mail the only one I have :rolleyes: ..It's got some great chit, Ian being winched, Carlton being winched. You fucking up on Kennys climb, and Lions Back, and Hells Revenge..( laugh ) Also some killer footage a rainy day on Steel-Bender [ThumbsUp] Pm me your shipping addy and a way to have a MiniDV tape copied and you'll get your copy ASAP.
[Smoking]

#400385 - 29/05/04 07:02 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
a way to have a MiniDV tape copied and you'll get your copy ASAP.
Easiest way is to link two Mini DV camera's together with a 4 pin iee1394 cable - play from one and record on the other.

I was looking but couldn't find a program from either Sony, Adaptec or Apple that would do a raw dump either to or from a camcorder to a computer hard drive - that way you could dump from your master tape to your computer, put a fresh tape in your camcorder and dump it back from the computer.

Nevermind - found it - it was apple:
http://developer.apple.com/firewire/

If you have a Mac and lots of disk space you can do it with one camcorder...

#400386 - 29/05/04 07:21 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Doc, but I've no apple. In fact, I think as you mentioned the easiest way to get this done is to play from mine and record to another. I've got a buddy w/ one.. Perhaps this isthe answer..

#400387 - 29/05/04 10:44 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Thanks Doc, but I've no apple. In fact, I think as you mentioned the easiest way to get this done is to play from mine and record to another. I've got a buddy w/ one.. Perhaps this isthe answer..
I keep telling you if you'll meet up with me sometime I can pull them off and put together a video for you. But noooooooo. DON'T BELIEVE APPLE USERS' LIES

(ie, I can, at least, compile them onto VCD to send out if that'll work)

#400388 - 30/05/04 09:40 AM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
jorge Offline

Yes, the easiest way to copy a miniDV tape is to connect to MiniDV camera with another miniDV camera.

Use a the "4 pin iee1394" as DocNo said, do NOT use the RCA cables, or Svideo.

Now if you don't have a second camera, or the cable that has 4 pins on both sides, you can capture it to your hard drive and copy it back to a different tape. MiniDV is pretty compressed compared to regular DV, so expect about 3.5 megs of data per second of tape.

So expect about 13 gigs for an hour of footage.

Now if you don't have any video editing, you can use a free program to do this.

DVIO
or
WinDV

(I've never used WinDV, but it looks fancier than DVIO)

Also, for general video information, checkout VideoHelp.com .

www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#400389 - 30/05/04 10:34 AM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Allright, I looked at the cables. There is no port/connection utilizing 4 pins. The ports are labled; USB, DV,and AV It came with two cables, the USB and the RCA jacks (which work through the AV port). Does the 4 pin connector go to the DV port? It seems to be the one cable I'm missing. :rolleyes:
I should in all probability be done end of this week. Pm me the shipping addy Jorge. Vaya con Queso. [Smoking]

#400390 - 30/05/04 02:50 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Typically the 4 pin connector is TINY - like the head of two pins tiny.

It can be labled iee1394, iLink, or FireWire depending on your manufacturer. Replacement cables can be found at places like Best Buy for probably $15-$20 (a rip off but what ya gonna do).

The programss Jorge linked to are what I was trying to find for you - if you have a 1394/iLink/FireWire connection on your PC, once you get the cable you should be good to go.

BTW - this is the cable you probably need:

The connector on the right is the mini FW connector.

Firewire article: http://www.colby.edu/lrc/help/firewire.html

#400391 - 30/05/04 08:25 PM Re: GoneMoab Footage?
jorge Offline

If you don't have the cable, and want to save some money, try Ebay. I got a bunch of cables for real cheap.

www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal